What does the LGBT do now? I'm kinda scared for the future.

BrentB

I just feel like society has been majorly gaslighting anything that's remotely LGBT, and any sort of homophobia/transphobia these days, is seen as a heroic defiant front to "save values & free speech" and is treated as a "middle finger to the oppressive woke regime" that is "hellbent on brainwashing and confusing children."

Seeing videos like the one below makes me feel very unsettled. It feels like all those alt-right TikTokers have finally won, and they've been successfully able to flip the narrative, on a mass scale, on how people view the LGBT. 

And mind you, this protest, over a drag show being held at a high-school, is happening in...of all places...TORONTO :rip:. And the protesters are being marveled in the comment section as "heroes for standing up to the "radical gender ideology."

Where do we go from here? How do we steer the narrative and combat this gaslighting going on, without making it seem like we're "brainwashing" and "shoving things down people's throats?" It honestly feels like we don't have much time left & we gotta devise some clever and tactical plans as a group. 

This might sound controversial but I, for one, feel as though we need to scale back on our presence in the media,  a LITTLE bit for now at least, and ONLY our mature and QUALITY representatives, that are interested in protecting our image, should take the biggest platforms given to us & lead the way for us. The WHOLE reason why we're in our "backlash" era as a collective, is because people "are tired of seeing wokeness everywhere," which I don't necessarily agree with obviously.

Also, I think companies need to drop the rainbow flags being excessively plastered all over their logos during pride as I notice this reading off more & more, by the short-spanned dimwits of the GP at least, as the "evil corporate trying to militantly spread the LGBT agenda." Nobody's going to change their world view because CitiBank's logo is rainbow-colored in June. Let's face it :toofunny2:.

Having less of a presence, in this way, would also ensure that other marginalized groups wouldn't complain about the LGBT's increased backing from corporations compared to theirs. And I say this as a black queer individual. Corporate pride support is not even genuine anyway & its all mainly for profits.

Also, people like Dylan Mulvaney need to NOT be featured as the new face of Bud Light :juanny:. Like str8 sports fans are going to eat this up & feel more tender towards the trans community as a result. What did they think was going to happen :rip:? She doesn't even have any sort of brand that even remotely caters to the demographic that buys Bud Light too at that. This is why people think we're "pushing our ideologies" on them.

Edited by BrentB

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FreeXone

• Communion

• sickening

• Raphy23

maybe find better things to do with your time than this sort of odd, transphobic trolling

We're f+cked. We're the new target (aka the new Muslims, mexicans, etc etc) and it's gonna get worse during next elections. Eveywhere in the world, the situation is sad and scary. Just look at Italy. 

The rest of your post is TRASH tho. You're part of the problem, sadly. 

Edited by Blade Runner

This isn’t new. Remember when slaves got freedom? Guess what happened next. Jim Crow laws. This is the rights way of limiting our freedoms even though we just obtained some. 

Trans got too much coverage too fast and being that it is such a complicated topic it was easily twisted. As people naturally become more educated the frenzy will die. It is nothing but reactionary politics. 

No corporations should not back down. Assimilation doesn’t happen easy but sooner or later it prevails. We are assimilating into culture so naturally pushback was going to come. Don’t let social media scare you. There are still plenty of Allies!

As far as Dylan, Dylan is a right wing puppet. Something about Dylan seems sinister. I think the truth will leak sooner or later on them. 

3 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

We're f+cked. We're the new target (aka the new Muslims, mexicans, etc etc) and it's gonna get worse during next elections. Eveywhere in the world, the situation is sad and scary. Just look at Italy. 

The rest of your post is TRASH tho. You're part of the problem, sadly. 

Lol if you think this is anything, imagine how our lgbt predecessors felt when the aids epidemic came. This is NOTHING in comparison lol.

People will see through the bs eventually just as they did with trump and his border and just as people finally woke up and realized police brutality is Real.

Edited by FreeXone

being less visible won't help. people are going to hate us regardless. we should continue living our truth and fighting for rights

Look at the mirror and the problem is there. What is this post... :rip:

6 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

As far as Dylan, Dylan is a right wing puppet. Something about Dylan seems sinister. I think the truth will leak sooner or later on them. 

Why can I see this being possible. I agree something is off about Dylan.

Sis you're literally looking up content from white nationalists. :skull:

LGBT acceptance is greater than ever and Gen Z is both queerer and more accepting of queer people than any previous generation. TERFs, Conservatives, the Manosphere and the Religious Right are loud cause they need to convince you that the reality around you is wrong and their propaganda is right.

FPIlWTXXsAEU17R?format=jpg&name=medium

Being in the LGBT community will always be a struggle but the answer isnt to run away. The trend has and will continue to be more acceptance towards LGBT rights and the numbers show that. These kids are simply being brainwashed through frankly insidious online sources to do their bidding. They are simply a product of their environment at home. :michael:

don't watch this kind of right wing brainwashed reactionary stuff

also I hope your misgendering of Dylan was a typo... :rip:

Why do people continue to confuse drag queens with trans people???  This is so stupid, what's next?  Banning people from playing the opposite gender in theater?  :deadbanana4:

The fact that you refer to Dylan mulvaney as a he is all I need to know that you're a transphobic piece of **** and you opened this thread in bad faith. 

21 minutes ago, Merryem said:

maybe find better things to do with your time than this sort of odd, transphobic trolling

ignore me LMFAO i had to edit this

Edited by sickening

Everyone has such extremist views nowadays. Gender ideology being discussed on a mainstream level rattled the Conservatives, and it was such an easy thing to twist into this negative misinformed narrative they cling to. That's why I never understood why some people within the LGBTQ+ community started attacking the gender ideology movement. What did they think was next? Being the "antiwoke" gay isn't getting you a get out of jail free card. We are all one in the same to them, and we need unity more than ever with each other, because we are all fighting for the same liberties at the end of the day, and if they came for one of our subgroups, they are coming for all of us. We really need to look out for and support and fight for each other, regardless of what you identify as in terms of gender or sexuality. 

10 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

As far as Dylan, Dylan is a right wing puppet. 

4 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Why can I see this being possible. I agree something is off about Dylan.

Not every annoying trans woman is an op. :skull: Why would a "right wing puppet" be pulled from *checks notes* off-off-broadway? She acts no different than countless trans girls who are also social media influencers.

Conservatives hate her because she looks the way she does and it's silly to give into that. Someone like Eden The Doll makes constant silly tiktoks about being trans, including ***** jokes, all the time. But people are angry about Dylan versus Eden because Eden looks how she looks and Dylan looks how she looks.

3 minutes ago, *.Digambar.* said:

The fact that you refer to Dylan mulvaney as a he is all I need to know that you're a transphobic piece of **** and you opened this thread in bad faith. 

9 minutes ago, Orsay said:

don't watch this kind of right wing brainwashed reactionary stuff

also I hope your misgendering of Dylan was a typo... :rip:

20 minutes ago, Merryem said:

I had heard from a few sources that she still goes by "He/him" pronouns. I changed the OP to reflect her actual pronouns. Didn't mean to misgender at first. Sorry. 

1 minute ago, BrentB said:

I had heard from a few sources that she still goes by "He/him" pronouns. 

And what sources would that be exactly? The far-right neo-nazi Youtube channel you found the video in the OP on? :deadbanana4:

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

Not every annoying trans woman is an op. :skull: Why would a "right wing puppet" be pulled from *checks notes* off-off-broadway? She acts no different than countless trans girls who are also social media influencers.

Conservatives hate her because she looks the way she does and it's silly to give into that. Someone like Eden The Doll makes constant silly tiktoks about being trans, including ***** jokes, all the time. But people are angry about Dylan versus Eden because Eden looks how she looks and Dylan looks how she

Edited by FreeXone

29 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

We're the new target (aka the new Muslims, mexicans, etc etc) 

not even close to what poc go through :skull: dont compare things like that when u can hide what u like to do with ur gentials but poc cant hide the color of their skin 

Just now, Communion said:

And what sources would that be exactly? The far-right neo-nazi Youtube channel you found the video in the OP on? :deadbanana4:

Lol, this randomly found its way in my algorithm, I don't normally watch this kind of content. I first heard of Dylan Mulvaney from a lesser-known content creator's podcast. 

Plus, not everybody here watches these alt-right channels in support of their ideologies. Some of us would just like to be informed on what our enemies are up to. That way we don't lose sight of their overarching plans like a lot of us have over the years. 

1 minute ago, sickening said:

not even close to what poc go through :skull: dont compare things like that when u can hide what u like to do with ur gentials but poc cant hide the color of their skin 

Have you ever heard of passing? :skull: 

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

Conservatives hate her because she looks the way she does and it's silly to give into that. Someone like Eden The Doll makes constant silly tiktoks about being trans, including ***** jokes, all the time. But people are angry about Dylan versus Eden because Eden looks how she looks and Dylan looks how she looks.

Dylan gives me how you guys say INDUSTRY PLANT. 

Caitlyn was a Kardashian so I can see how she got TOO MUCH TOO SOON.

But Dylan has MANY moons to go before she should be the trans IT GIRL. **** go put Kim Petras on stuff she has a whole number one single but Dylan pulling more endorsements than her?

idk something is very ODD. Just my intuition

And to the OP THIS IS FOR YOU (Idk how to get it  to embed) 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR3frDox/

Listen to the elders. The ones who SHOULD be getting all these endorsments and speaking for us. Not a DYLAN. Things will be okay. Don’t hide

Edited by FreeXone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.