Harry Potter reboot in the works at HBO

okgo

HBO spending money on this while canceling great shows like Raised By Wolves because it was “too expensive.” Meanwhile……. :rip:

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Venice B

• vale9001

• fridayteenage

• Badgalbriel

8 minutes ago, Buffy said:

HBO spending money on this while canceling great shows like Raised By Wolves because it was “too expensive.” Meanwhile……. :rip:

comparing a mid show with Harry Potter :bibliahh:

Honestly hyped. They better have more Asians!

Literally new ideas are dead.

Why they can't make a new story with new students a la Hogwarts Legacy? Hell, even adapting The Cursed Child is a better idea at this point. :skull:

WB is really ******* up their biggest franchises, quicker than Disney ****** up Marvel and SW.

Yesssssssdssssssssssss

Hopefully its not actually about harry and a spin off.. 

Hbo will not fail us!!! I just know.. 

4 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

What do you mean? I feel like the Harry Potter casting is perfectly fine

Dont get me wrong i love alan on it but he was too old for the role. 

Harry's parents too. 

They were supposed to be 21 when they died :rip: the actors were like 40..same for snape. 

Snape was supposed to be around 32 when harry potter started :dies:

4 hours ago, chaklux said:

Exactly. The movies still feels fresh and not dated. So this feel too early. Maybe another 10 years plus would have been more appropriate. 

I think the plan was to do a series though? Where they explore all of the storylines as opposed to the very cut down movies.

1 hour ago, D/X said:

Literally new ideas are dead.

Why they can't make a new story with new students a la Hogwarts Legacy? Hell, even adapting The Cursed Child is a better idea at this point. :skull:

WB is really ******* up their biggest franchises, quicker than Disney ****** up Marvel and SW.

the cursed child is awful

just let out the loudest groan. Warner Bros are SO ******* lame it’s not even funny anymore. 

4 hours ago, Cannon said:

It’s going to get the HBO treatment and get infused with sex in every other scene.

If you've watched The Last of US on HBO, you'll see how it is a VERY faithful to the original story and has even improved on the story in many ways that the video game could not.  The only streaming services I have any faith in properly adapting HP into a series are HBO and Apple, but Apple is too much of a flop in the streaming game for it to make sense.

I’m here for that :jonny5:

but if they want money they should just released new/remaked HP games, Please 

It feels 10 years early but then again it probably will come out in like 2026 so I guess it's fine?

The movies never did justice to HP so it should be interesting

Let's create some original ideas Hollywood x

The actors from the movies not wanting to come back for Cursed Child so they have to do a cheap reboot. :ahh: 

They will never get an iconic cast like the movies did - especially the professors and all the legendary British actors that acted in the movies. :rip: This will be a disaster of epic proportions and I cannot wait to laugh at it. 

1 minute ago, Pop said:

The actors from the movies not wanting to come back for Cursed Child so they have to do a cheap reboot. :ahh: 

They will never get an iconic cast like the movies did - especially the professors and all the legendary British actors that acted in the movies. :rip: This will be a disaster of epic proportions and I cannot wait to laugh at it. 

Also realistically, will most known actors/actresses want to be associated with a project from #that women these days? Especially if they want to find Gen Z actors :deadbanana4:

Just now, Gwendolyn said:

Also realistically, will most known actors/actresses want to be associated with a project from #that women these days? Especially if they want to find Gen Z actors :deadbanana4:

That’s the tea. Nobody :lmao: They’re gonna go from literal acting royalty to C-listers 

People saying the movies are perfect the way they are when order of Phoenix and Goblet of fire were so poorly adapted. :biblio:

No one needs a reboot. The movies are AMAZING, and not dated at all.

A sequel TV series would have been better set in Hogwarts IMO.

5 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

People saying the movies are perfect the way they are when order of Phoenix and Goblet of fire were so poorly adapted. :biblio:

Imagine believing this :biblio:

31 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Many still will because Harry Potter is bigger than the hag that wrote them.

4 hours ago, Arrows said:

At this rate we’re getting a Hunger Games reboot in 2 years:rip:

The prequel is this year

15 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Imagine believing this :biblio:

How can you say they are not poorly adapted when so many details from the book were left out or changed? :biblio: 

They are nice adaptations all things considered but definitely not perfect. 

Edit: I'm referring to those two films, and we could also add the Half-Blood Prince.

Films 1-3 and last 2 are the best adaptations and I have nothing negative to say about them. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

The most pathetic thing I've ever heard. When platforms like f+cking HBO (!!!) are behaving like this towards art and entertainment, you know it's over. 

What's the f+cking point of this? 

I hate Rowling, but the Harry Potter series was edited, composed, acted, and directed by professionals with a clear vision, and the final product was perfection. So this make no sense at all. Those movies aren't old, they're not animated, they didn't flop. So really... what's the point? It's like rebooting the Lord of the Rings saga. 

I agree with both of these tweets. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.