Harry Potter reboot in the works at HBO

okgo

8 minutes ago, ainadalkaz said:

they tried it with the fantastic beasts franchise and look how that turned out... nobody's talking about it

And look how the game turned out which is set in the 1800s, its already approaching 1billion in revenue. Trying something new =/= Fantastic Beasts. Just the same way there spin off flops of star wars (Solo) and then spin off success' (Mandalorian). It's all about idea and execution. 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Venice B

• vale9001

• fridayteenage

• Hiatus

12 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

the effects and such are not the point. The movies are good for what they are but in alot of ways the are watered down versions of the story that either changed so many details and/or left out so many details of the story. A tv adaption is exciting because it would allow for so much more time to actually flash out the harry potter story in a visual way the way it deserves. They will be able to include so many more parts of the story and won't be forced to leave out so much like the movies did. I mean, for god sakes, the damn movies even left out dumbledore's funeral, that is insane, the tv show would most likely have an entire episode solely focused on the funeral for example. I'm so down for this and have said for 20 years that it would be better off as a show than movies.

I read the books and they do the perfect adaptation besides a few scenes... Not only the main but The supporting cast of movies are so A-list... We gonna have a bootleg versions of belatrix, voldmort etc... It just wont work. 

9 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

define woke pls cause you already crying

Please, look at the gossip girl reboot. The way these companies justify bringing things back is the new swapping race/lgbtq to the characters but makes it feel dated as 2019.

Why are people saying to get the ages right when they cast 11 year olds to play 11 year olds? :rip:

3 minutes ago, LittleStarmen said:

Please, look at the gossip girl reboot. The way these companies justify bringing things back is the new swapping race/lgbtq to the characters but makes it feel dated as 2019.

gossip girl has always catered to the LGBT audience, they were just more front and center..... that doesn't make the new HP show 'woke'

especially since JK will have tons of input

26 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

the effects and such are not the point. The movies are good for what they are but in alot of ways the are watered down versions of the story that either changed so many details and/or left out so many details of the story. A tv adaption is exciting because it would allow for so much more time to actually flash out the harry potter story in a visual way the way it deserves. They will be able to include so many more parts of the story and won't be forced to leave out so much like the movies did. I mean, for god sakes, the damn movies even left out dumbledore's funeral, that is insane, the tv show would most likely have an entire episode solely focused on the funeral for example. I'm so down for this and have said for 20 years that it would be better off as a show than movies.

This!!!

7 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

Why are people saying to get the ages right when they cast 11 year olds to play 11 year olds? :rip:

I remember some fans suggesting they recast midway through the movies because all of the actors were getting older than the characters. The stupidity.

It's too early for this and it's totally unneeded. Especially with so much expanded material, games and spin-offs already done recently.

Besides, HBO will probably ruin it by forcing in Dumbledore and/or McGonagall nude scenes or whatever, and hiring non-British actors with horrible fake accents. Hard pass!

Idk what to feel about this. HBO is making a HP TV adaptation/series with the INVOLVEMENT of JK 🥲 I will get me TORN how I'd love to watch it but then I will remember that JK HATES transgendered people with a passion 🙄

43 minutes ago, LittleStarmen said:

Sounds like an expensive woke flop. 

.... What? Do people who use the word "woke" even think about what they're saying before they use it? :bibliahh:

The series is intrinisically "woke" by the current political definition because it's written by someone who isn't a male. Right wing snowflakes have come full circle :bibliahh:

Edited by Reginald

Cast someone transgender so She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Threaded-On-This-Forum will cry :duca:

This is going to be terrible because the cast of the movies was near perfect. We really didn't need a reboot, there's SO much lore in the original universe that's crying out to be adapted

3 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

Cast someone transgender so She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Threaded-On-This-Forum will cry :duca:

She will be imvolved you think that can happen? She will even make tons of $$$ from this

I remember some actors actually were mad that the cast in the first movie was true to the first book because it was difficult to handle their lack of experience.

WOW she is still gonna be here? Noooooo this is gonna be a mess :deadvision:

She'll make more coin than ever between this + new waves of LEGO sets...

3 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

She will be imvolved you think that can happen? She will even make tons of $$$ from this

I mean she retroactively made Dumbledore gay so, yes :duca:

2 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

I mean she retroactively made Dumbledore gay so, yes :duca:

Yeah she doesnt hate gay people. She just hates transgendered people.

Well un-reboot it.

Ugh :doc: they could make an original story, why a remake, no thank you :giraffe:

34 minutes ago, Maybe said:

Trash

Just cancel it

1 hour ago, LittleStarmen said:

Sounds like an expensive woke flop. The movies are perfect and they dont even feel dated. the effects still hold up even

“Woke”. You guys use the word to loosely and don’t even know what it means. I can’t believe people like you are even on here wtf :deadbanana4:

Edited by suneclipse121

I think it's too soon, and this is coming from someone who loves Harry Potter.

They should do it only after that old hag dies. Or wait at least 20 years or so. Last year marked the 10th year anniversary of the last movie, and all of the movies still look fresh to this day. Not only that, but I think most people are still attatched to the original cast, and comparisons will be made for sure and I highly doubt they can find better people (not only the trio, but all of the cast as a whole).

A tv show would be a dream but not right now. Not when the author's reputation is tarnished and of course that will reflect on this show. But Harry Potter is a cash cow and they're obviously desperate for money so... charts before the arts! :ace:

It’s going to get the HBO treatment and get infused with sex in every other scene.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.