Summer Walker - 'CLEAR 2: Soft Life EP'

EarStyle

She should’ve got someone else to do that childish gambino verse. It sounds cringe coming from him :rip:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• kyliefever2002

• Devin

• EarStyle

I love that she started with this J Cole verse. It's a love letter from a seasoned artist showcasing she's cheered by her peers. I hope she continues this pattern (Cardi on the last album, Cole this EP).

Hardlife is great. It's another side of her, more neosoul, solid vocal delivery and the pen is sharp.

How Does It Feel is a beautiful layered vocal delivery.

I like the raw vocal production on Pull Up, especially because I like artists who use vocal effects letting it go for a minute. She sounds lovely and it shows how she can carry a tune with her instrument.

Overrall, it's a great project artistic-wise and something that will connect with her core fanbase.

16 hours ago, badgirlriri said:

Her albums are definitely best, but I love that she takes advantage of mixtapes/EPs to showcase different sides of hers not constrained by a central storyline

Yeah I love that she knows her core audience (albums) vs doing EP/collabs to do what she loves and get her name out there in diff environments. 

'audio hug', 'pull up' and 'new type' are the highlights.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.