ATRL March Madness 2023 | WINNER!

supaspaz

I’m actually pretty torn between these two choices but I’m gonna go with Natalie!

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• touya kinomoto

• prézli

• naval23

Both fantastic songs.

But ill have to go for my local girl, Australians all the way :clap3:

So torn.

I love No Doubt and IML, but Torn wins this for me.

“Nothing’s fine, I’m torn” will always be a classic line.

• ATRL Moderator

The votes dropped off so quickly for this final round! I can't end with the lowest participation yet.

Just now, supaspaz said:

The votes dropped off so quickly for this final round! I can't end with the lowest participation yet.

I guess this is what happens when all the good songs lose early.

• ATRL Moderator

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

I guess this is what happens when all the good songs lose early.

I'm not sure what there is to dislike about "It's My Life" and "Torn," but to each their own!

iTs My Life

IT’S MY LIFE for the winnnn

how did Torn make it so far in a “covers” tournament. I’m sorry but this song has a dirty past. According to reports, Ednaswap performed the song live, before ever having recorded it,  where record execs saw the performance and pitched it for Natalie to record years later- against ednaswap’s consent or knowledge at the time.

this to me is dirty- and It’s My Life is just clearly a better song video and COVER.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Gwegend said:

how did Torn make it so far in a “covers” tournament. I’m sorry but this song has a dirty past. According to reports, Ednaswap performed the song live, before ever having recorded it,  where record execs saw the performance and pitched it for Natalie to record years later- against ednaswap’s consent or knowledge at the time.

Regardless of how the song came to Natalie Imbruglia, it's still a cover. But I also don't think your story is true.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/music-videos/the-band-behind-natalie-imbruglias-megahit-torn-reveal-the-story-behind-the-90s-classic/news-story/781f98c660cad9df7b59ca798b10717e

1 hour ago, Gwegend said:

IT’S MY LIFE for the winnnn

this to me is dirty- and It’s My Life is just clearly a better song video and COVER.

Please, Torn's Danish version became a single in 1993. The Ednaswap version came into being in 1995. The following year, a Norwegian artist covered it. And it took another year after that before Natalie released her version. What is dirty about that? If anything else, it should just make Natalie's Torn a worthy winner as it is the most distinguished version of a song with multiple versions.

Edited by touya kinomoto

11 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Everyone's mad about Tennessee Whiskey losing! 

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Everyone's mad about Tennessee Whiskey losing! 

We need justice for men on ATRL!

• ATRL Moderator

It meant too much to me as a nascent pop fanatic, so I have to throw another vote to "Torn."

• ATRL Moderator

Updating now with the final results!

• ATRL Moderator

I'll be posting the winner on the next page...

• ATRL Moderator

Justice for "Hallelujah"!

• ATRL Moderator

Justice for "Hurt"!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.