Most of Beyoncé’s peers failed at matching her success, why?

Solaria

14 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Beyoncé sold over 240M records solo another 100M with her group and grossed over 1 billion in tours, over 10 million tix sold, globally… & Shakira? I’ll wait. :gaycat2:

Hell, Beyoncé’s single sales alone is more than Shakira’s career total like girl get :rip:

Thing is that 171M records come from the US alone. Shakira has sold 125M albums WW, without much support from the US.

If we exclude the US, they are both pretty much on a similar level in the rest of the world. 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonver

• bijonse

• QueenBeyoncé

• Bobyonce

17 hours ago, period sis said:

Then why is no one streaming her 

193963050_FX461XTUcAEXcpw2.thumb.jpeg.57

Soccer moms prefer cds than streaming :cm:

23 minutes ago, Moonturn said:

At which point started this rumor that Beyoncé was bigger in Europe than Shakira? 

Beyoncé has got literally only one #1 in most european countries (e.g. Germany and France) - and it's Beautiful Liar feat. Shakira :rip:

Peaks do no equate overall sales and longevity. Touring is also absolutely in Beys favor. 

21 minutes ago, Moonturn said:

Thing is that 171M records come from the US alone. Shakira has sold 125M albums WW, without much support from the US.

If we exclude the US, they are both pretty much on a similar level in the rest of the world. 

Shakira ain’t sold no ones 120M albums nothing :lmao: and most of Shakira’s succes comes from Latin America proving why her touring stats dont match this super “global power” she suppose to have :gaycat2:

Beyonce has outsold and outgrossed, period 

Do you think for one second Shakira’s new tour will come close the REN? Like play with someone safe :lmao:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

14 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Shakira ain’t sold no ones 120M albums nothing :lmao: and most of Shakira’s succes comes from Latin America proving why her touring stats dont match this super “global power” she suppose to have :gaycat2:

Beyonce has outsold and outgrossed, period 

Do you think for one second Shakira’s new tour will come close the REN? Like play with someone safe :lmao:

She did, the number literally appears in her current Grammy exhibition in Los Angeles :rip:

Edited by Moonturn

1 minute ago, Moonturn said:

She did, the number is literally in her current Grammy Exposition in Los Angeles :rip:

Child, lies. :rip:  @ “120M albums” like..

Reinvention and performances.

There's a million talented artists out there but many of them won't even see a decade of success, nevermind 5 years.

Let's be honest, 4 was a flop and showing a natural decline for her standards. Fast forward to Self-Titled and shes back to a new peak. The way she released that album set her on the path to legendary status. It could have just been another album but the surprise release created a frenzy and buzz that was never seen before in her career.

As far as performances are concerned, she's the best performer of her generation. People will go to her shows even if they don't know her songs. That's truly a testament to the craftsmanship and showmanship of her performances.

Take me for instance. I haven't istened to a Lemonade song in years. Similarly, I haven't listened to Renaissance since release week. I don't care for those albums at all, but if she came to my country I'd attend her concert despite not knowing the words to her latest album. I think that's a damn impressive feat.

And what gets me the op didn’t even throw Shakira with the rest of them actually praised her but here y’all come with your insecurity.. but I got time this morning 

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

1 minute ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

And what gets me the op didn’t even throw Shakira with the rest of them actually praised her but here y’all come with your insecurity.. but I got time this morning 

Like... I gave Shakira her flowers :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, RiseAndShine said:

There's a million talented artists out there but many of them won't even see a decade of success, nevermind 5 years.

Let's be honest, 4 was a flop and showing a natural decline for her standards. Fast forward to Self-Titled and shes back to a new peak. The way she released that album set her on the path to legendary status. It could have just been another album but the surprise release created a frenzy and buzz that was never seen before in her career.

As far as performances are concerned, she's the best performer of her generation. People will go to her shows even if they don't know her songs. That's truly a testament to the craftsmanship and showmanship of her performances.

Take me for instance. I haven't istened to a Lemonade song in years. Similarly, I haven't listened to Renaissance since release week. I don't care for those albums at all, but if she came to my country I'd attend her concert despite not knowing the words to her latest album. I think that's a damn impressive feat.

I mean Bey is coming here but I'm not going to pay those prices Lol

12 minutes ago, Moonturn said:

She did, the number literally appears in her current Grammy exhibition in Los Angeles :rip:

Living vicariously through someone who doesn't even know or care about your existence might cause severe denial even when the stats are official and undisputable. A common occurence with many users in here. :sistrens:

10 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Child, lies. :rip:  @ “120M albums” like..

I am really not trying to come for Beyoncé, she is amazing and one of the most sucessful artists of our time.

But I just don't get that need of downplaying Shakira's career. Like, Shakira being sucessful too doesn't take away an ounce of Beyoncé's success.

Its sad how stans erase succesful women like Shakira etc as if they aren't global icons

16 hours ago, abeille said:

Rihanna is not Beyoncé's peer and in no planet has she sold more pure albums than Beyoncé OR DC :rip: the lies y'all tell yourselves to cope 

Y'all dont want her to be her peer because her stats eat her up :bibliahh:

29 minutes ago, RiseAndShine said:

Doesn't make sense that people would go see someone if they don't like their music. :skull:

the fact shakira is outstreming her without album for over 6 years, mind you beyonce released an album 7 months ago, but tanked hard.

11 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Doesn't make sense that people would go see someone if they don't like their music. :skull:

That's why I specifically said I don't like her last 2 albums and even though I don't care for the last album or know any words to those songs I would still go to her tour based on the strength of her performance alone.

Plus she will be singing past songs too, which obviously I like. 

27 minutes ago, Jonver said:

the fact shakira is outstreming her without album for over 6 years

*on Spotify

1 hour ago, RiseAndShine said:

If 4 were a flop that would make Shakira's whole discography minus OF and LS an absolute bomb. 

Stop trolling. 

39 minutes ago, Jonver said:

the fact shakira is outstreming her without album for over 6 years, mind you beyonce released an album 7 months ago, but tanked hard.

Shakira has to thank the support she receives from Latin America. 

Either way, the music industry has shifted tremendously.

Nowadays tour > streams. 

6 hours ago, HappierJealousy said:

Anyone who debut later than Gwen in this list is not her peers. Rihanna, Taylor , Katy, Gaga and Adele are clearly peers but it doesn’t feel right to put Bey’s name with them, all of these artists had their breakthrough era in late 2000s while Beyoncé was already a very famous name at that time

Well all the 100s of musicians and historians from the Hall of Fame disagree with this. 

Beyonce's case is a fuzzy in-between phase. As 1999 and then 2006 were big musical resets, and she was right in the middle. Also she was not a household name in 1999/Y2K eras like Britney or Xtina were. Regular people knew of DC but not the members names, they were not The Beatles level famous.

Edited by toxicgenie

17 minutes ago, Pepo said:

Shakira has to thank the support she receives from Latin America. 

Either way, the music industry has shifted tremendously.

Nowadays tour > streams. 

then beyonce has to thanks her flop to the US, flopping in her own country.

Twice a kpop Girl group is doing a Stadium tour in the US, but they never have a song in top 50.

Tours: fanbase

tell yourself otherwise, so maybe you can sleep at night.

Edited by Jonver

33 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

*on Spotify

& youtube, the 2 biggest streaming platforms in the world,

latest singles from both:

-Spotify Streams:

Session #53: 453,8M (In two months)

Cuff it: 447M (in seven months)

-Peak Spotify Global:

Session #53: #1

Cuff it: #11

-WW sales:

Session #53: 5,005M

Cuff it: 3,018M

Weeks in Top 10 Spotify Global:
Session #53: 10 weeks
Cuff it: OUT

Global streams:
Session #53: 897M
Cuff it: 480M

Daily streams:
Session #53: 3,7M 
Cuff it: 1,5M

Day 70:
Session #53: 3,70M
Peak streams:
Cuff it: 3,45M

Edited by Jonver

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.