Most of Beyoncé’s peers failed at matching her success, why?

Solaria

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonver

• bijonse

• QueenBeyoncé

• Bobyonce

britney stans only have her family to blame when it comes to 

how britney's career transpired 

shakira is still respected but not as much as before 

i wouldn't consider taylor or rihanna peers

since they have debuted much later 

although they have been compared a lot 

OT: bey has TABS :alexz:

Edited by worldwide angel

9 minutes ago, Jmo21 said:

I can’t really argue any of these points with people who are absolutely clueless of Shakira’s impact because they weren’t there to witness it firsthand. Shakira in her prime was a cult, but anglophones cannot possibly understand this because it takes language, politics, history, etc to grab a hold of this concept. 

Shakira has released countless critically acclaimed bodies of work, what even is your point here. As a matter of fact, please don’t even go there because we both know Shakira doesn’t depend on writing camps, unlike Beyoncé. 

Shakira is sitting pretty at #3 on the most listened to artists on Spotify, while Beyoncé is #34….. Shakira’s doing it in Spanish without releasing a “critically acclaimed album”…. Beyoncé recently released an album, in English. Again, does this even matter? 

The nail on this coffin is that Beyoncé sought out a collaboration with Shakira for a reason. She has, on multiple occasions, expressed how Shakira inspires her etc… so don’t go trying to put me “in my place” when Beyoncé herself stans Shakira lol. 

Yes Beyoncé is a PERFORMER, I’d go to her shows over and over and over, but this is the only thing she is selling. 

This LIE

hasnt she outdone shakira in totality in EVERY metric? The spotify daily is such a BS drag, shakiras done like 3 high profile collabs since Renaissance dropped. The two are really both at the same level and the only girls of their generation that are still at their level anyway 

12 minutes ago, Jmo21 said:

I can’t really argue any of these points

Exactly. I’m glad we’re on the same page now. 

1 minute ago, suneclipse121 said:

:rip:

29 minutes ago, Jmo21 said:

I can’t really argue any of these points with people who are absolutely clueless of Shakira’s impact because they weren’t there to witness it firsthand. Shakira in her prime was a cult, but anglophones cannot possibly understand this because it takes language, politics, history, etc to grab a hold of this concept.

Shakira is a non factor in Asia and Africa while Bey is idolized in both of these regions. 

9 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

Is this supposed to be you confirming to be clueless on music culture outside of the United States. 

okay got it. 

none as dedicated, unique yet adaptable as Bey has been. quite easy tho Alicia deserved to rule radio again with "Underdog"

10 hours ago, Love Again said:

25 years into her career, Beyoncé has a solo hit with no promo, no performances, no music video, etc

The fact that people actually BRAG about this. :deadbanana2:Like you really like a singer putting something out then paying it dust? :deadbanana2:

10 hours ago, Xder said:

To be fair, since Halo, Beyonce has had fewer hits than Xtina, Britney, Pink, or J Lo (if we're talking hits here, now is her time to catch up).

1495349718_duasmilinggif3(1).thumb.gif.a

yet her albums since then have done better than theirs (minus P!nk in 2012) so now what?

2 minutes ago, Helios said:

The fact that people actually BRAG about this. :deadbanana2:Like you really like a singer putting something out then paying it dust? :deadbanana2:

The hive has been losing it for like 8 months straight but it undeniably makes the song being a hit more impressive

24 minutes ago, bijonse said:

The hive has been losing it for like 8 months straight but it undeniably makes the song being a hit more impressive

Well at least they know that an amazing new show is coming up but it would be nice for her to acknowledge her music before charging people hundreds of dollars to see her. :skull: 

7 hours ago, Starshine said:

If anything, that makes Bey’s career even more impressive. :rip: Mind you her contemporaries were Alicia Keys, Aaliyah at one point, Ashanti, Usher, Ciara, etc. while also competing with the bubblegum pop Max Martin era, then the EDM craze in the 2010s. She transcended R&B and made it to a global superstar status competing with white pop girls. She’s only 1 of 2 black modern MPGs, I don’t know how you see that as easy or a guarantee that success would come her way when she could have easily gone a different route after 4.

Anyways, talent, drive, and being a visionary. :clap3: 

Yes from R&B star to a GLOBAL superstar with sold out shows across the globe; and she's still loyal to her audiences with that genre. 

3 hours ago, bijonse said:

This LIE

hasnt she outdone shakira in totality in EVERY metric? The spotify daily is such a BS drag, shakiras done like 3 high profile collabs since Renaissance dropped. The two are really both at the same level and the only girls of their generation that are still at their level anyway 

Shakira had done at least more than 3 collabs since Girls Like Me with BEP :rip: she released one English solo song before but the streaming numbers was so bad.

3 hours ago, alanmontes said:

Lol at people saying Beyonce is bigger than Shakira. Wake up. 

LOL at you thinking otherwise 

4 hours ago, Jmo21 said:

It’s quite embarrassing and idiotic for you to speak like this considering you are (judging by your name), very versed in the movement that Shakira has been. Every single Colombian is aware of this, whether you are a fan or not (& you’re entitled to not be one). In Colombia, and many places outside of LatAm, Shakira is idolized in a way that Beyoncé would only dream of, and you know this. 

I am very much a Beyoncé fan and have followed her since childhood (including spending thousands on concert tickets). I feel very strongly about her work ethic; it is unmatched by anyone in the industry, including Shakira. However, little “miss Colombia’s” musical talent is unmatched…. Yes, superior to Beyoncé’s. 

Stop making a fool out of yourself, or at least change your name so it isn’t so obvious. Beyoncé IS NOT bigger in Colombia, lol. 

Stop crying. That user is stating facts 

2 hours ago, Helios said:

Well at least they know that an amazing new show is coming up but it would be nice for her to acknowledge her music before charging people hundreds of dollars to see her. :skull: 

Manifesting visuals coming soon :nicole2:

13 hours ago, Rotunda said:

And the real tea is that the answer doesn’t change the argument

It changes her peers. Britney and Xtina are always associated together, but Bey is not.

Bey is kinda inbetween peers, so it makes sense she gets compared to everyone:

1998:

Destiny's Child

1999:

Britney 

Xtina 

JLo

2000:
Pink

Nelly Furtado

2001:

Shakira (English)

2002:

Avril 

2003:

Beyonce (solo)

Kelly Clarkson 

Alicia Keys

2004:

Gwen (solo)

2005:

Rihanna 

2006:

Taylor

Gaga

Fergie

2008: 

Katy Perry 

Miley

Adele 

Also Britney and Xtina are eligible for the Rock Hall of Fame in 2024. Bey is not eligible until 2029, same as Kelly Clarkson.

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-eligibility-1235026419/

13 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

It changes her peers. Britney and Xtina are always associated together, but Bey is not.

Bey is kinda inbetween peers, so it makes sense she gets compared to everyone:

1998:

Destiny's Child

1999:

Britney 

Xtina 

JLo

2000:
Pink

Nelly Furtado

2001:

Shakira (English)

2002:

Avril 

2003:

Beyonce (solo)

Kelly Clarkson 

Alicia Keys

2004:

Gwen (solo)

2005:

Rihanna 

2006:

Taylor

Gaga

Fergie

2008: 

Katy Perry 

Miley

Adele 

Also Britney and Xtina are eligible for the Rock Hall of Fame in 2024. Bey is not eligible until 2029, same as Kelly Clarkson.

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-eligibility-1235026419/

Anyone who debut later than Gwen in this list is not her peers. Rihanna, Taylor , Katy, Gaga and Adele are clearly peers but it doesn’t feel right to put Bey’s name with them, all of these artists had their breakthrough era in late 2000s while Beyoncé was already a very famous name at that time

14 hours ago, bijonse said:

No it doesn’t.

DIL 11m

bday 6.5m

IASF 8.5m

4 4m

BEYONCE 4m

lemonade 3.5m

~38m

her album sales are not “all that” because other than DIL, they all came out in the digital single era. Next to her peers her album sales are amazing and very consistent. Once again, why is everyone lying on Beyoncés name? Very weird 

:deadbanana2:

Those numbers are inflated, sorry, especially for the bolded ones, so the answer remains no.

2 minutes ago, momal said:

:deadbanana2:

Those numbers are inflated, sorry, especially for the bolded ones, so the answer remains no.

They most definitely are not. :rip: For example, DIL reached 11M many years ago and that was confirmed by Sony. Denying facts doesn't magically give validity to your argument.

14 hours ago, abeille said:

And Rihanna's total includes the Home OST, GGGB Reloaded, the deluxe versions of Loud/ANTI, et cetera :zzz: DC outsold Rihanna in pure with only 4 albums, now what?

No, they don't include Home numbers. Rihanna didn't even acknowledge that album, only Feel The Light by J.Lo was pushed as a single if I am not mistaken. And not the deluxe versions being the same as re-releases which were pushed by ACTUAL SINGLES.:deadbanana2:And all of DC albums were released in the PHYSICAL ERA when everyone and their mother was selling millions of albums, so that's not the drag you are trying to portrait.

At which point started this rumor that Beyoncé was bigger in Europe than Shakira? 

Beyoncé has got literally only one #1 in most european countries (e.g. Germany and France) - and it's Beautiful Liar feat. Shakira :rip:

9 hours ago, alanmontes said:

Lol at people saying Beyonce is bigger than Shakira. Wake up. 

Beyoncé sold over 240M records solo another 100M with her group and grossed over 1 billion in tours, over 10 million tix sold, globally… & Shakira? I’ll wait. :gaycat2:

Hell, Beyoncé’s single sales alone is more than Shakira’s career total like girl get :rip:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.