Destiny’s Child sold over 100M/ Best-Selling GG ever

QueenBeyoncé

finally Mathew (?) upgraded their sales :clap3: I'm so tired of seeing everywhere about 50-60 millions :rip:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBeyoncé

• SinnerCity

• Link16

• Bobyonce

3 hours ago, WEEKND said:

She really does. 

off topic but I never realized that this song was about giving the goodies to someone and them not knowing what to do with it lmao

been bopping mindlessly for years. It’s so strange. lol 

How did you miss it  :laugh:

I think the chorus was subtle, but Bey's and Kelly's verses especially were very direct :rip:

5 hours ago, SinnerCity said:

100M physical copies or SPS? Cause I thought the spice girls were the most successful GG ever

Spice girls are but sync summit slash Matthew would never lie to the Hive 

TLC also outsold but I don't want to trigger anyone.

cracking-up-kenya-moore.gif

5 minutes ago, Khal said:

How did you miss it  :laugh:

I think the chorus was subtle, but Bey's and Kelly's verses especially were very direct :rip:

I blame the video 

They look so good and serve so hard. I never paid attention to what they were saying. Granted English is my third language but still lol

28 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Spice girls are but sync summit slash Matthew would never lie to the Hive 

TLC also outsold but I don't want to trigger anyone.

Not the user using a Mathew Knowles biography as a receipt 

Edited by SinnerCity

The most GLOBAL black GG/R&B group of all time did that :clap3:

2 hours ago, Link16 said:

TLC/Spice was more bigger in Europe and Japan.

TLC was not bigger than DC in any country on this planet besides Japan, and most certainly not Europe considering Survivor outsold their entire discography combined in the continent :clownny:keep convulsing

Even their GH compilation managed to attain more certifications across Europe/Oceania, like... :rip: TLC doesn't even have a multi platinum album in the UK

Certifications and sales for CrazySexyCool
Region Certification Certified units/sales
Australia (ARIA)[84] 2× Platinum 140,000^
Austria (IFPI Austria)[85] Gold 25,000*
Canada (Music Canada)[86] 8× Platinum 800,000^
Japan (RIAJ)[87] 2× Platinum 400,000^
Netherlands (NVPI)[88] Gold 50,000^
New Zealand (RMNZ)[89] Platinum 15,000^
United Kingdom (BPI)[90] Platinum 300,000^
United States (RIAA)[34] 12× Platinum 8,970,000[h]
Edited by abeille

30 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Not the user using a Mathew Knowles biography as a receipt 

I think Mathew would know his accomplishment more than ppl who use chartmaters, it’s the nerve for me..

Real Housewives Laughing GIF

2 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

I think Mathew would know his accomplishment more than ppl who use chartmaters, it’s the nerve for me..

Real Housewives Laughing GIF

Who's using Chartmasters though, and I'm sure Mathew knows his 'achievements' 

Unless you can retrieve the verified data for both Destiny's Child and Spice Girls for comparisons I'm going to stay with what's actually proven and that is, Spice Girls being the most successful GG up to this date.

Thank you

Just now, SinnerCity said:

Who's using Chartmasters though, and I'm sure Mathew knows his 'achievements' 

Unless you can retrieve the verified data for both Destiny's Child and Spice Girls for comparisons I'm going to stay with what's actually proven and that is, Spice Girls being the most successful GG up to this date.

Thank you

If you want to be wrong that’s on you. Bc record sales, units & streams say otherwise. :gaycat2:

2 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

If you want to be wrong that’s on you. Bc record sales, units & streams say otherwise. :gaycat2:

I'm going to what's been reported on the matter. For instance

https://markmeets.com/features/10-best-selling-girl-groups-of-all-time/

I will, however, will not believe a Mathew Knowles biography that merely points out the info as facts without the data to support it. 

And as a matter of fact, turns now DC is not even the most successful American trio, it's TLC, but you go on. I rest my case.

9 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

I'm going to what's been reported on the matter. For instance

https://markmeets.com/features/10-best-selling-girl-groups-of-all-time/

I will, however, will not believe a Mathew Knowles biography that merely points out the info as facts without the data to support it. 

And as a matter of fact, turns now DC is not even the most successful American trio, it's TLC, but you go on. I rest my case.

DC is literary the highest certified gg in the US but go awf :gaycat1:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

2 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

TLC were a non factor outside the US (where DC still outsold them) and Japan. Be serious with yourself.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, abeille said:

TLC were a non factor outside the US (where DC still outsold them) and Japan. Be serious with yourself.

I am reporting what's in the article posted above. What's not serious about it?

3 minutes ago, abeille said:

Gone say I’m not  going believe Mathew’s bio about a group he managed that was his job but in the same breath posted a blog, like girl get :lmao:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

1 minute ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Gone say I’m not  going believe Mathew’s bio about a group he managed that was his job but in the same breath posted a blog, like :lmao:

Hey, I'm happy to have the conversation, really, pull up the data to back up your claims and we can discuss them, otherwise what's the point? Your article is just as valid as the one I posted 

Just now, SinnerCity said:

Hey, I'm happy to have the conversation, really, pull up the data to back up your claims and we can discuss them, otherwise what's the point? Your article is just as valid as the one I posted 

Chile I really don’t care what you think frfr. DC sold over 100M > you 

Run along :gaycat2:

Spice girls have most definitely sold more albums then destiny's child the debut album alone has sold more then both of destiny's child biggest selling albums globally combined, however I can definitely see Destiny's Child having sold more records overall then the Spice girls, DC never flopped they had Global Smash after Smash for years, so 100 million records definitely seems legit.

TLC only have a couple of hits tbh they are not even close to Spice girls and destiny's child level of success on a global scale.

Edited by DanceAgain
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DanceAgain said:

Spice girls have most definitely sold more albums then destiny's child the debut album alone sold more then both of destiny's child biggest selling global albums combined, however I can definitely see Destiny's Child having sold more records overall then the Spice girls, DC never flopped they had Global Smash after Smash for years, so 100 million records definitely seems legit.

TLC only have a couple of hits tbh they are not even close to Spice girls and destiny's child level of success on a global scale.

Agreed, spice girls were kind of a fad let’s be real. DC endured and is up there with the supremes as the biggest ggs ever

11 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Chile I really don’t care what you think frfr. DC sold over 100M > you 

Run along :gaycat2:

It's giving Swarm babe. Don't play games you can't win, makes you look like a fool.

7 minutes ago, bijonse said:

Agreed, spice girls were kind of a fad let’s be real. DC endured and is up there with the supremes as the biggest ggs ever

Spice girls, Destiny's Child, Supremes are definitely the top 3 in girl groups, destiny's child wins in hits though the amount of consecutive smashes they dropped was ridiculous that and they have so many old school classics you still hear today on radio.

Spice girls peaked and fizzled out fast they did leave a massive impact on pop music and culture for sure and they managed to gain massive sales & drop a few iconic classics in just a few short years.

TLC hits that are really known and are classics are "scrubs, pretty and creep" anything else isn't really known globally.

Spice girls & Destiny's Child's single discography is known by everyone around the world.

4 hours ago, Link16 said:

Spice 24 M

Spiceworld 15 M

Forever 2 M

Greatest Hits 3 M

44 M physical sales

Destiny's Child 2 M

The Writing's on the Wall 14 M

Survivor 10 M

8 Days of Christmas 2 M

Destiny Fulfilled 6 M

Number 1's 3 M

37 M physical sales

I think when you factor in streaming and digital sales, DC may edge out, but the Spice Girls and Destiny’s Child have been neck and neck with record sales for years. The Supremes, Destiny’s Child and the SpiceGirls are the girl group trinity. KFC or whatever they were called aren’t a factor.

52 minutes ago, Legend ReX said:

I think when you factor in streaming and digital sales, DC may edge out, but the Spice Girls and Destiny’s Child have been neck and neck with record sales for years. The Supremes, Destiny’s Child and the SpiceGirls are the girl group trinity. KFC or whatever they were called aren’t a factor.

The Spice Girls have the HUGE physical single and VHS sales going for them, Wannabe alone sold 15 million copies worldwide.

Destiny's Child have the most monthly listeners for a (pre-streaming) girl group. It's clear they are the most revered.

Spice Girls were huge and their impact cannot be denied, but their streaming numbers are weak bar 'Wannabe', arguably the biggest girl group song of all time.

I need a new DC album and tour. They have the potential to have another huge era.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.