Taylor Swift - "Safe & Sound", "Eyes Open", "If This Was a Movie" (TV)

Dear Reader

3 hours ago, Joyride said:

is it just me or the rerecordings always sound... badly produced? the production just doesn't sound as clean as the originals

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

yes.

Sometimes the most raw sound it's ok and fit most with what the songs should be (her label back in late 00s and early 10s of course want them to sound more like clean rock pop cause it was the most mainstream sound), so a lot of songs on red for me are better (like state of grace) and for SN i think it could be better too.

For 1989 I'm scared cause all the max martin songs on red TV are terrible. 

I don't listen to Wildeast dreams TV since day 3 from its release too. 

I wonder if she’ll fork out some money later to go back and remaster these TVs? Surely she must care how rushed these got made? Although I must say…. For someone who was on a mission to make these TV sound as identical as possible to the OG, it’s clear decisions were made when she hired the cheapest producer in town to recreate these :rip:

Edited by Buffy

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Buffy

• Cruel Summer

• GabeInPolaroids

ITWAM very limp and loses its deranged franticness. This is why I will never be putting TVs in rotation 

Just now, Great Username said:

ITWAM very limp and loses its deranged franticness. This is why I will never be putting TVs in rotation 

ok support scooter then

15 minutes ago, Buffy said:

I wonder if she’ll fork out some money later to go back and remaster these TVs? Surely she must care how rushed these got made? Although I must say…. For someone who was on a mission to make these TV sound as identical as possible to the OG, it’s clear decisions were made when she hired the cheapest producer in town to recreate these :rip:

i have the same question as you. but, honestly? i doubt she cares. the way these rerecordings are being handle, being such an important project to her, gets me shocked. i honestly at this point think she just want to put them out. but deep deep down i really hope she would remaster them once they're ready, but, honestly? what are the odds of her doing that? why bother the trouble? unfortunatelly the tracks will be bad mixed, these drop out singles will be out of the releases and life will go. and my ocd and my mind goes crazy not knowing what to stream

3 minutes ago, GabeInPolaroids said:

i have the same question as you. but, honestly? i doubt she cares. the way these rerecordings are being handle, being such an important project to her, gets me shocked. i honestly at this point think she just want to put them out. but deep deep down i really hope she would remaster them once they're ready, but, honestly? what are the odds of her doing that? why bother the trouble? unfortunatelly the tracks will be bad mixed, these drop out singles will be out of the releases and life will go. and my ocd and my mind goes crazy not knowing what to stream

y'all are overreacting

without naming names, it's funny that many keep on inflating album streams by adding tracks post release, meanwhile she keeps on screwing herself like this. I love how she treats albums as actual bodies of work, so when she announces an album you get the number of tracks with it including the deluxe ones and that's it, even Midnights' were added three hours later and it still feels weird since they weren't in the initial announcement...

Yes the situation is annoying and this morning felt weird when I tried to look them up the minute they dropped and it took me a second to realize that they were the actual releases since the covers confused me, but what's important here is the quality and she delivered BIG TIME and all of them turned out actually perfect, but at this point are we supposed to be surprised by ability to serve us quality...

Eyes Open in particular has been a very recent re-discovery that I probably listened to once or twice back in 2012 but just got into it and kicked myself for never giving it the time of day since it's such a great song and now she suddenly does this and manages to actually elevate it in every aspect possible, no words, just incredible ugh :smitten:

I don't think I've heard ITWAM before (I love speak now but didn't know there's a deluxe sdkks). Great song but why did she choose to release it and put it on fearless? :rip: like is she performing them on tour?? Otherwise why would she not save it for SN TV? 

Edited by Lipgloss

Get on with Taylor’s Multiverse.

If This Was a Movie is a FEARLESS song.

S&S and EO are RED songs.

Safe & Sacred is still fantastic :clap3: 

Eyes Open was actually elevated oh wow. I'll be using it I fear. :eek: And If This Was A Movie sounding good for once ffff

I'm kiing at the mess with release dates because she wants to capitalize on the fact that SN is solo written :toofunny3:

2 hours ago, GabeInPolaroids said:

And she’s also already spent so much money on the TV vinyls. If she ever does remaster, it may not be for another 10-20 years. Ugh.

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

y'all are overreacting

Thank you. I feel like I’m crazy reading these comments. Almost all of the TVs sound better than the original versions to me. Red TV alone made me fall in love with that album. Nathan Chapman just… wasn’t a very good producer.

I do agree about the Max Martin tracks however. Hopefully she shells out the money and rehires Max for 1989 and Reputa. 

Anyways, these were cute for about 2 minutes. Has she mentioned ANYTHING about Speak Now TV yet?

It's not like Max's productions on 1989 are way too complex. Songs like IKYWT are more complex on their production than Blank Space, per example. Christopher Rowe (and maybe Elvira?) will do just fine. 

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, Joyride said:

is it just me or the rerecordings always sound... badly produced? the production just doesn't sound as clean as the originals

No, it's true (with a few rare exceptions, like Today Was A Fairytale). I'm still happy about the TVs though cause we basically get an EP of new songs/duets. But the TVs rarely surpass the originals.

8 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

It's not like Max's productions on 1989 are way too complex. Songs like IKYWT are more complex on their production than Blank Space, per example. Christopher Rowe (and maybe Elvira?) will do just fine. 

His productions are very complex. They just sound simple/fun. It's a very hard task to copy his work. 

Her songwriting is crazy good and saves the day but he will be missed.

57 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Safe & Sacred is still fantastic :clap3: 

Eyes Open was actually elevated oh wow. I'll be using it I fear. :eek: And If This Was A Movie sounding good for once ffff

I'm kiing at the mess with release dates because she wants to capitalize on the fact that SN is solo written :toofunny3:

You must have missed the convo about Enchanted having a co-writer, and Haunted a co-performer.

26 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

You must have missed the convo about Enchanted having a co-writer, and Haunted a co-performer.

Omg it does too :rip: WHY WAS ITWAM booted then?!

WDTV and TLTV both sound better than the ogs so...

I can't take anyone that prefers og Fearless over FTV seriously btw :redface: Like, Red TV has quite a few songs that are meh even outside the Max singles but most of Fearless had a huge improvement. TWILY, TOSOTD, Untouchable, TMW, JTF, CIWTR, I could go on :redface:

19 minutes ago, By the Water said:

WDTV and TLTV both sound better than the ogs so...

I can't take anyone that prefers og Fearless over FTV seriously btw :redface: Like, Red TV has quite a few songs that are meh even outside the Max singles but most of Fearless had a huge improvement. TWILY, TOSOTD, Untouchable, TMW, JTF, CIWTR, I could go on :redface:

:clap3:

Maybe it's because nostalgia doesn't have an impact on my opinion of OG vs TV (only became a fan with folkmore), but when I see people dragging any but 3 or 4 of the TV songs' production I can't take them seriously. 

They sound better than the originals to me, BUT the Max Martin re-recordings are lacking bad (without him) :rip: She needs Max Martin back to do them. They aren't as good and are missing his magic.

Edited by JustHoran

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.