Miley flopping, why? (27.7mil first day Spotify)

favorite crime

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Aethereal

• elincomprendid

• wish

Honestly I didn't realise it was out until I came onto ATRL today

There was no release week momentum/marketing, but I think that it will climb a lot over the week

People will warm up to the record once she releases Jaded and Violet Chemistry :gaycat4:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

I still think Apple Music can be glitched but her Youtube numbers aren't good either, they're actually really bad too. 

so i really don't know... i'm confused. 

Flowers impressed me so much that even without it being as big as Flowers (of course) i expected way more. 

But it's half of a day. Tomorrow we already have the HDD predictions, let's wait! 

Edited by Selegend

14 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Ikr, I'm expecting a huge stadium tour and millions of album sales first week

Will if your expecting that your setting yourself up 

Just now, BrokenMachine said:

The random meltdown. The user clearly tells the correlation. Big hit = Underwhelming album numbers. Both, Miley and Sam apply to this.

If Sam is one of the most irrelevant artist, how did they get one of the biggest hits from last year? You don't get that by being 'irrelevant'

Sure, just like how Sam Smith is correlated to Rihanna :ghostface: What in the world-

The random display of nonsense

You most also think Tones and I isn't an irrelevant artist because she had the biggest hit of 2020 or something. Gurl is on ATRL and has no clue :redface: afsgfsdfdfbdcfvg

its giving "Gloria" huge lead and the album being played dust 

i like 2 or 3 songs... the album is very average 

2 minutes ago, Price88 said:

Miley is flopping? Where was all this kinda talk with Sam smith and Demi lovatos last album, oh that’s right?!

demi lovato has not had a smash since Sorry Not Sorry, but Demi and Sam's last albums did similarly which is very weird given sam has one of the biggest songs of recent times

Miley will be OK, this is her most acclaimed project yet, the numbers will be better than anyone thinks, she has a HUGE single that revived her career

this is sad if true, the album is very solid

The album being average true is not has not correlation with first day streaming

you need. to stream to knowif it's average right?. 

Of course replay value has impact also in the first day but to chart songs on AM on the first day if an album has hype around it you just need a first listen from people. 

Edited by vale9001

36 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

She’s bigger on Spotify so we’ll wait and see how she does there. 

Gaga regularly flops on Apple Music, but Chromatica still had a big debut and good spotify streams 

True. More straight up pop artists struggle on AM, compared with Ariana who has more reach with audiences who like urban and r&b as well as pop. Miley will likely do Chromatica numbers or a little less on Spotify, which is great compared to her last 2 efforts. 

ATRL kept telling me Flowers was payola'd and that "something wasn't right" about it's success. It should be no surprise to anybody that this album is "flopping" because it's not doing Taylor Swift numbers

How is Miley flopping just because AM? 

the album is currently #10 on apple music in the us and flowers is #20 so your theory fails and it cannot be the only factor driving the album up the charts 

stfu and stop being delusional

31 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Unholy smashing did not help Sam Smith

27 minutes ago, Troxa said:

Bionic level flop

Imagine having to bring other artists into this to try to prove your point. 

How are we talking numbers when it hasn’t even been out for 24 hours? You people act like idioms I swear :rip:

A hit single doesn’t mean a hit album but cmon now it’s Miley she’s not irrelevant 

Just now, mrpartyrocker said:

How is Miley flopping just because AM? 

the album is currently #10 on apple music in the us and flowers is #20 so your theory fails and it cannot be the only factor driving the album up the charts 

stfu and stop being delusional

It’s #4 now

Apple Music Pop Update

#2 (=) Flowers
#27 (+83) Jaded
#45 (+111) Rose Colored Lenses
#50 (+114) River
#57 (+120) Thousand Miles
#78 (NEW) You
#99 (NEW) Handstand
#126 (NEW) Muddy Feet
#131 (NEW) Violet Chemistry
#159 (NEW) Wildcard
#183 (NEW) Island
#198 (NEW) Flowers (Demo)

12/13 tracks charting, Wonder Woman only one missing

Just now, Squall said:

It’s #4 now

it was just lagging i fear

she's coming for that 200K after all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.