Scream 7 (allegedly) already greenlit, filming later this year

Martyr Of Fame

39 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

Why can’t we enjoy something? 

Who says you can't? It's just that you guy seem to really like this franchise above some better ones. And again, the last installment wasn't that great. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• HungryByTheBuffet

• ChapelHooker

• Cloy

16 minutes ago, Cloy said:

Who says you can't? It's just that you guy seem to really like this franchise above some better ones. And again, the last installment wasn't that great. 

Which franchises are.. better? Do tell :gayalipacat5:

46 minutes ago, Cloy said:

That’s a subjective opinion though, both of those points are

9 hours ago, Cloy said:

As far as horror franchises go, Scream is the best one. The series are already long term and deep enough going to be considered success in more than one way. 

The new candidate would be X-Pearl-MaXXXine most certainly though, but other than those, horror franchises don’t tend to hold up well long-term. 

I'm here for Sidney Prescott and her kids becoming the opening kill :duca:

We already knew this. I can’t wait though. Is 7 supposed to be the last for now? 

1 minute ago, Shelter said:

We already knew this. I can’t wait though. Is 7 supposed to be the last for now? 

I hope so. They are in danger of overexposure if they push for an 8th one for the fourth year in a row.

8 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

whos still watching this?

$41million worth of people in one weekend I fear 

19 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

$41million worth of people in one weekend I fear 

The highest ever for the franchise, so I guess the most people ever are "still" watching :gaycat3:

6 minutes ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

The highest ever for the franchise, so I guess the most people ever are "still" watching :gaycat3:

Now with inflation

16 hours ago, ccfan007 said:

Which franchises are.. better? Do tell :gayalipacat5:

Halloween, which does better at the BO. Nightmare on Elm Street. Plenty of original slashers are better than Scream 2020-  Even M3GAN ate up the first one at the BO.  Terrifier 1 &2 are more entertaining than Scream 5. 

ETA: That aside, It's just that gays seem oddly invested in this franchise. You would think it performed better at the BO. I mean, of all the horror movies that have come out, this is the one? I just don't get it. The movie was NOT that good...

Edited by Cloy

58 minutes ago, Cloy said:

Halloween, which does better at the BO. Nightmare on Elm Street. Plenty of original slashers are better than Scream 2020-  Even M3GAN ate up the first one at the BO.  Terrifier 1 &2 are more entertaining than Scream 5. 

ETA: That aside, It's just that gays seem oddly invested in this franchise. You would think it performed better at the BO. I mean, of all the horror movies that have come out, this is the one? I just don't get it. The movie was NOT that good...

You know, taste is subjective and all but when the first point you're trying to make is just incorrect I can't take you seriously. The Halloween franchise has only one (1) out of 13 (!) movies that has outgrossed any Scream movie and Scream is literally the highest grossing slasher franchise of all time, so yeah...

The NOEM movies are ****, M3gan was fun but pg13 so comparing bo numbers is just unfair, and I'm not even gonna say anything about terrifier

Edited by wantedyoutogrow

4 hours ago, Cloy said:

SCREAM has six (more or less) consistent good movies out of six. Halloween has like four out of 13, NOES three out of seven (nine if you count the crossover and remake) and let's not even talk about the Friday the 13th franchise.

1 hour ago, Kevin2803 said:

SCREAM has six (more or less) consistent good movies out of six. Halloween has like four out of 13, NOES three out of seven (nine if you count the crossover and remake) and let's not even talk about the Friday the 13th franchise.

This very much. 

Where were all other horror franchises at part 6? Even at part 4? Scream is better at being consistently better. 

Comparing box office grosses doesn’t really tell much, especially when we want to make comparison against other horror franchises that are older and/or consists of more movies. 

12 hours ago, genetic fail said:

I hope so. They are in danger of overexposure if they push for an 8th one for the fourth year in a row.

I can see 7 being the last one for the Carpenter sisters before it goes on a hiatus. However… 

Spoiler

there’s potential for a Kirby Reed show dealing with serial killers, not just Ghostface, but other kind of killers. It could stream on Paramount Plus.

At some point an eighth movie will happen after a hiatus. Maybe next decade? Depends on how long Spyglass has the rights for. That’s the good thing about Ghostface. They are flexible characters with changing motives that fit the story. So I don’t think there’s any danger to continuing the same timeline. Different main characters can be introduced throughout the franchise. First, Sidney. Now, Sam. How cool would it be if we had a male leading character for the next trilogy. Kinda play into the whole final boy trope that hasn’t really been explored in this franchise (aside from third season of the show). 

4 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

I can see 7 being the last one for the Carpenter sisters before it goes on a hiatus. However… 

Hide contents

there’s potential for a Kirby Reed show dealing with serial killers, not just Ghostface, but other kind of killers. It could stream on Paramount Plus.

At some point an eighth movie will happen after a hiatus. Maybe next decade? Depends on how long Spyglass has the rights for. That’s the good thing about Ghostface. They are flexible characters with changing motives that fit the story. So I don’t think there’s any danger to continuing the same timeline. Different main characters can be introduced throughout the franchise. First, Sidney. Now, Sam. How cool would it be if we had a male leading character for the next trilogy. Kinda play into the whole final boy trope that hasn’t really been explored in this franchise (aside from third season of the show). 

I read a suggestion somewhere about Scream 8 continuing when Sidney's children are in college and they are the ones being targeted by Ghostface this time. I think that would be cool and it's another way to bring back Neve in a smaller role without feeling forced.

12 hours ago, Cloy said:

me when I have a public shaming kink and need a new hit

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Cloy

Let's get the ball rolling.

Mines are definitely rolling! What is this?

spacer.png 

1 minute ago, Bentley said:

Mines are definitely rolling! What is this?

spacer.png 

Ask @Cloy

OSH already fuming

Cloy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.