• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• genetic fail

• qurl

• Shelter

I'm excited. I'm glad it's not a continuation of Covenant, the David story was awful. 

Hopefully less cgi on this one, that teaser was good. Facehuggers :clap3:

Edited by Shelter

The trailer is great, have high hopes for this one :clap3:

Oh so this isn't related to Prometheus? Thank god! This actually looks good 

The teaser is a serve. I'm such a huge fan of the series - can't wait for this!

3 hours ago, Matthew4815 said:

The teaser is a serve. I'm such a huge fan of the series - can't wait for this!

Likewise, I was feeling cautious as Covenant felt like an amalgamation of previous Alien movies.   This teaser has me bouncing with excitement though :hippo:

8 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

No. It's a different story, thankfully. I liked Prometheus though 

20 hours ago, qurl said:

that teaser was veeeeeerrrryyyyy spoilery but to Fede's credit i like how claustrophobic and dark this one looks , seems to be very inspired by the original which is the best thing they could have done

Spoiled that there are gonna be facehuggers? We already know that Cailee Spaeny is final girl. But I'm sure the full trailer will have less restraint than the teaser.

- - -

I'm in the minority but I'm a Prometheus truther and this better not be just another paint-by-number crew getting picked off by a monster film. At least Prometheus tried to inject some new life with the engineer lore but they really shot themselves in the foot with killing Shaw and fleshing out David.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stochastic said:

Spoiled that there are gonna be facehuggers? We already know that Cailee Spaeny is final girl. But I'm sure the full trailer will have less restraint than the teaser.

- - -

I'm in the minority but I'm a Prometheus truther and this better not be just another paint-by-number crew getting picked off by a monster film. At least Prometheus tried to inject some new life with the engineer lore but they really shot themselves in the foot with killing Shaw and fleshing out David.

well i mean they definitely spoiled one character's fate via facehugger , which again it's a small cast you can expect most of them are gonna die but …. i personally would have been fine not seeing that part until the movie, but alas

i too am a Prometheus truther ! i think it's such a fascinating movie even if it doesn't quite come all the way together. i was waiting forever for them to finish or even just continue the Prometheus trilogy that was supposed to happen but Covenant felt like such a slap in the face to that movie's already kinda muddled legacy. we deserved a fully fleshed out and completed origin of the Engineers and xeno-enzyme or whatever the black goo was. specifically the scene where they go into the chamber with all the pots in Prometheus is sooooo frustrating bc there are so many threads of things that never get explained again. i want answers !!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

This takes place between Alien and Aliens while Ripley is asleep drifting 

:clap: 

Edited by Almodusa
  • Like 1

am I the only one who was left completely cold by the trailer. same old ****, nothing new...

• Like 3

i'm so sad the covenant story is getting scrapped...there was so much there and i really loved the ending / cliffhanger.

wish they somehow kept it a secret and there''s a connection / at least a nod.

i feel like this is going to be exxxtra gory considering Fede Alvarez

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Almodusa said:

:clap: 

the way this is almost never true when directors/cast members say this :toofunny2:
cgi/vfx is so good people cant ever tell if these statements are true of not.

Not all the Covenant slander in here when it was the best Alien movie since Aliens.

Alien

Aliens

Covenant 

Resurrection

the pits of hell

Alien 3

Prometheus

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Like 1

Excited for this, but I too am sad they seem to have paused the Prometheus arc for now, there's SO much lore to explore with the Engineers and their connection to the Xenomorphs that is just BEGGING to be showcased.

I'm hopeful that this film will be a resounding critical and commercial success not only because I love the franchise and want to love this movie too, but perhaps even more so because I have hope its success will reignite work on another movie in the Prometheus arc. 🤞

This is my personal ranking as of now, interested to see where this one will fall. :duca:

Alien (:worship2:)

Prometheus

Aliens

Alien: Covenant

Alien Resurrection

Alien 3

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 5:46 PM, stjosephprey4us said:

Not all the Covenant slander in here when it was the best Alien movie since Aliens.

Alien

Aliens

Covenant 

Resurrection

the pits of hell

Alien 3

Prometheus

THAT part! The production value and story was SO good!! That last scene in covenant was a GAG!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.