AMERICANA | Sydney Sweeney, Halsey, Simon Rex; Early reviews - RT: 100, MC: 85

Reverse Warholian

Formerly titled National Anthem. Acquired by Lionsgate for worldwide release. 

https://deadline.com/2024/03/sydney-sweeney-americana-sxsw-1235848727/

https://deadline.com/2023/02/sydney-sweeney-halsey-paul-walter-hauser-americana-sxsw-1235270304/

Deadline has learned that Tony Tost’s feature directorial debut Americana, from Bron Studios/Saks Picture Company is making its world premiere at SXSW on March 17 at the Paramount Theatre in the festival’s Narrative Spotlight section.

Formerly known as National Anthem, the pic stars Sydney Sweeney, Paul Walter Hauser, Halsey, Eric Dane, Zahn McClarnon, Gavin Maddox Bergman, Simon Rex, Derek Hinkey, Toby Huss and Harriet Sansom Harris. In the pic, unlikely heroes and villains must navigate a complex playing field in pursuit of a legendary Native American artifact with ties to the complicated history of the American West in this elevated, darkly comedic crime thriller. 

Deadline has learned that Tony Tost’s feature directorial debut Americana, from Bron Studios/Saks Picture Company is making its world premiere at SXSW on March 17 at the Paramount Theatre in the festival’s Narrative Spotlight section.

Formerly known as National Anthem, the pic stars Sydney Sweeney, Paul Walter Hauser, Halsey, Eric Dane, Zahn McClarnon, Gavin Maddox Bergman, Simon Rex, Derek Hinkey, Toby Huss and Harriet Sansom Harris. In the pic, unlikely heroes and villains must navigate a complex playing field in pursuit of a legendary Native American artifact with ties to the complicated history of the American West in this elevated, darkly comedic crime thriller.

The movie also marks multi-platinum, chart-topping singer-songwriter Halsey’s first on-screen role. The award-winning, Grammy-nominated recording artist has amassed more than 50 billion streams worldwide, and over 75 million RIAA-certified singles and albums sold.

BRON and WME Independent are repping worldwide sales for the acquisition title.

The pic is also a co-production with Rhea Films, and Creative Wealth Media, who financed the film with Hercules Film Fund. Alex Saks (The Florida Project, Red Rocket) is producing. Aaron L. Gilbert, Steven Thibault, and Alison-Jane Roney are executive producing for BRON Studios (Those Who Wish Me Dead, The Survivor). Jason Cloth is executive producing for Creative Wealth Media (Licorice Pizza, House of Gucci). Paris Kassidokostas-Latsis, Terry Dougas, and Jean-Luc De Fanti are executive producing for Rhea Films (Good Time, Bruised). Michael Williams and Suraj Maraboyina are also executive producing. Native American activist Marcus Red Thunder (Longmire, Hostiles) served as a consultant on the film, which was shot on location with the support of the New Mexico Film Office.

Fp0mgTfXwAAoCK5?format=jpg&name=900x900

MV5BMTM2NGNlOWUtNzdhMS00NTBiLWEwZTEtZmJi

MV5BMWFkN2UzNjEtZjA4Yy00MjhhLTllYTctYmM5

FnHErj0XwAMPQVB?format=jpg&name=large

MV5BNWY2MDA0NDgtMTgxNC00NjY5LWE1ZWUtZDFi

MV5BODUyNTAyMzEtMWRjNS00NDZmLTk5NjktMDkz

Fp0mepoWcAEgWME?format=jpg&name=900x900

@The Witch :duca:

Edited by Reverse Warholian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• Walk_Away21

• Ricky Wilson

• lillavend3r

so sydney is miss americana.

is eric dane the heartbreak prince?

Halsey looking corny as usual :duca:

Will Sydney be stealing someone's man in this too?

I like Simon Rex and Sydney but idk if this is my thing… will wait to see the reviews out of SXSW 

Halsey's character is edgy :gaycat3: shocking 

OT: im excited tbh.. daddy eric is in it 

• ATRL Moderator

I'm actually impressed with how they managed to assemble a cast of the trashiest-seeming people :deadbanana: Seems fitting for the film's title too. Could be interesting!

Oh this sounds fun! And more Simon Rex is always welcome ❤️

they're all hawt :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Premieres this Friday at SXSW.

What do we think the RT score will be girlies? :lakitu:

Fq1FHDgaQAANkxC?format=jpg&name=large

@The Witch @original_lifeline @TalkThatRihanna @Marry Illusion Glory

we will see, when I download it through my torrent 

On 3/12/2023 at 3:29 PM, original_lifeline said:

we will see, when I download it through my torrent 

First look :duca: 

@The Witch @Marry Illusion Glory @TalkThatRihanna @Ampersand13 @FallingFromCloud9 @wesleywalrus @Walk_Away21 @Bussea Halsey's a natural just like her auntie Gar and I wasn't expecting Sydney's character to have a speech impediment :rip:

7 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

@The Witch @Marry Illusion Glory @TalkThatRihanna @wesleywalrus @Walk_Away21 @Bussea Halsey's a natural just like her auntie Gar and I wasn't expecting Sydney's character to have a speech impediment :rip:

I'm sorry but this is SENDING me :deadbanana2: The Eddie from Stranger Things wig and Sydney doing a bed Nichole impression in a party city wig :bibliahh:

10 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

I'm sorry but this is SENDING me :deadbanana2: The Eddie from Stranger Things wig and Sydney doing a bed Nichole impression in a party city wig :bibliahh:

Nnn they do look like they showed up to different movie sets :dies:

When the critics STAN Ashley and PAN Sydney. I just know @The Witch is going to be fuming. 

n8BViye.gif

@Euterpe I thought it was set in the 80s until Joan Jett entered her PIN number into the gas tank 

n8BViye.gif

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

@The Witch @Marry Illusion Glory @TalkThatRihanna @Ampersand13 @FallingFromCloud9 @wesleywalrus @Walk_Away21 @Bussea Halsey's a natural just like her auntie Gar and I wasn't expecting Sydney's character to have a speech impediment :rip:

Serving drama and lewks

n8BViye.gif

42 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Nnn they do look like they showed up to different movie sets :dies:

When the critics STAN Ashley and PAN Sydney. I just know @The Witch is going to be fuming. 

n8BViye.gif

Halshey kinda ate up Sydney. The Euphoria "award winning acting" clearly doesn't translate to the big screen between this and Zendaya's movie acting.

3kugeNl.jpeg

:dies:

9 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Halshey kinda ate up Sydney. The Euphoria "award winning acting" clearly doesn't translate to the big screen between this and Zendaya's movie acting.

3kugeNl.jpeg

Mia GODth will make justice for Sidney when she kills washes Halsey on MaXXXine

3kugeNl.jpeg

First reactions are coming in. Decent so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.