Eras that are labeled as a success but the #s say otherwise..

Distantconstellation

11 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

Back to Basics has embarrassing stats for 2006 as well. Who are you kidding? All the big pop girls from that year wiped the floor with Xtina :lmao:It was the beginning of the end for her. 

CSPC for 2006 female albums:

Back to Black - 24,729,000

B'Day - 14,095,000

I'm Not Dead - 11,005,000

Taylor Swift - 10,891,000

Loose - 10,000,000+ (hasn't been studied yet but sold over 7.5M pure - probably like 12M overall, in fact)

Oral Fixation, Vol. 2 - 9,357,000

---

Back to Basics - 6,692,000 :deadbanana2:

The actual big releases from that year have or will hit 10M with ease while Back to Basics is stuck at 6.7M. A big fat 50% decline from Stripped. :dies:

And yes, it's pretty much a Femme Fatale sized era all things considered whether y'all want to admit it or not. But even less remembered. Not even 500M streams. :skull:

Spotify streams

Femme Fatale - 620,695,907 (16 songs)

Back to Basics - 448,306,572 (22 songs) 

RIAA certification

Back to Basics - 2x Platinum

Femme Fatale - 2x Platinum eligible

RIAA certifications (singles)

Till the World Ends - 4x Platinum eligible (#3)

Hold It Against Me - 2x Platinum eligible (#1)

I Wanna Go - 2x Platinum eligible (#7)

Criminal - 1x Platinum eligible (#55)

Ain't No Other Man - 2x Platinum (#6)

Hurt - 1x Platinum (#19)

Candyman - 1x Platinum (#25)

The albums had similar chart runs in the US and neither were among the top sellers of the year. It's pointless to compare actual pure sales because there's a 5 year gap between those albums.

Mind you, the tour did even worse than Femme Fatale's despite that was suposed to be Xtina's "touring peak" :lmao:

Screenshot-2023-03-05-at-23-36-07.png

Screenshot-2023-03-05-at-23-35-31.png

I know you guys love clinging to that album because it was the last time Xtina somewhat mattered in the music industry, but let it go. :heart: 

So what you’re saying is, is that Christina’s third album performed worse than Britney’s 7th?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Into The Void

• Mystic Boy

• BrokenMachine

• byzantium

1 hour ago, Anticipating said:

Femme Fatale eligible certifications

Album - 2x Platinum

Hold It Against Me - 2x Platinum

Till the World Ends - 4x Platinum

I Wanna Go - 2x Platinum

Criminal - Platinum

For comparison purposes, Back to Basics recently got certified 2x Platinum despite coming out in a much better sales climate. So if Femme Fatale isn't a success, then the OP's fave Xtina hasn't had a hit era in 20 years. :deadbanana:

this really put things in perspective, wow

17 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

Back to Basics has embarrassing stats for 2006 as well. Who are you kidding? All the big pop girls from that year wiped the floor with Xtina :lmao:It was the beginning of the end for her. 

B'Day - 14,095,000

Loose - 10,000,000+ (hasn't been studied yet but sold over 7.5M pure - probably like 12M overall, in fact)

---

The actual big releases from that year have or will hit 10M with ease while Back to Basics is stuck at 6.7M. A big fat 50% decline from Stripped. :dies:

And yes, it's pretty much a Femme Fatale sized era all things considered whether y'all want to admit it or not. But even less remembered. Not even 500M streams. :skull:

Spotify streams

RIAA certification

Hurt - 1x Platinum (#19)

The albums had similar chart runs in the US and neither were among the top sellers of the year. It's pointless to compare actual pure sales because there's a 5 year gap between those albums.

Mind you, the tour did even worse than Femme Fatale's despite that was suposed to be Xtina's "touring peak" :lmao:

I know you guys love clinging to that album because it was the last time Xtina somewhat mattered in the music industry, but let it go. :heart: 

you seriously need to get some help. and I mean this in most positive and friendly way. your HATE is abnormal, please snap out of it...

29 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

B'Day - 14,095,000

---

Spotify streams

RIAA certification

Hurt - 1x Platinum (#19)

NOT FF oudoing one of X's most sucessful eras :deadbanana4:

britney for sure. payola, gross robotic voice, nobody care for her since 2003 I guess. Sorry, facts are facts :D

21 minutes ago, lestat111 said:

britney for sure. payola, gross robotic voice, nobody care for her since 2003 I guess. Sorry, facts are facts :D

Four #1s since 2003. People are checking.

OT: Back To Basics, Chromatica (but I love the album) and the new Taylor albums maybe (idk the names)

1 hour ago, Baby Boy said:

The reason for their longevity is irrelevant as my post was talking to the people saying they were front loaded. ******* moron. 

1 hour ago, Anticipating said:

And here's when your old age starts to show. Maybe pick up your reading glasses next time. I joined in 2014. That's part of the 2010s. Not the 2000s. Meanwhile you've dedicated the past 20 years of your life to ATRL. :dies:  Also, learn English. You're too decrypt to be typing like a 12 year old. 

OT: Back to Basics, Chromatica. 

The way Britney delulus totally lose it and resort to personal attacks when get faced to the truth, love it :dies:

OT: Femme Fatale flopped for 2011 pop standards :cm:

51 minutes ago, Euan said:

Four #1s since 2003. People are checking.

OT: Back To Basics, Chromatica (but I love the album) and the new Taylor albums maybe (idk the names)

radio payola, nobody knows those "hits".

I would say Lemonade, also Joanne, Chromatica and Born this Way. 

Future Nostalgia too. 

B2B? Then Blackout, Circus and the rest of Britney albums too. B2B outsold everything Britney has released since 2004.

And it's worth noting, B2B was sold for double the price (double disc)

OT: Female Fatale. Burlesque outsold.

Bound To You (non-single) has more streams than lead single 'most forgotten #1 ever' Hold It Against Me. This is just an embarrassment.

• ATRL Moderator
21 hours ago, byzantium said:

Shania Twain’s Come On Over.  It’s success was all driven by singles.  If you take out the singles, it is a rather uneventful era.  

The way I was going to write an essay :dies:

OT

besides britney albums, lemonade is pure media dust in the face, really awful album, not one single listenalbe song.

2 hours ago, lestat111 said:

you seriously need to get some help. and I mean this in most positive and friendly way. your HATE is abnormal, please snap out of it...

What's hateful about that post? he's just posting stats :skull:

2 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

The way I was going to write an essay :dies:

If you take out the singles it is a four song album.  

Y’all really turned this into Xtina versus Britney? :rip: 

B2B did worse than I realized :rip: 

On 3/5/2023 at 6:04 AM, Baby Boy said:

Femme Fatale wasn’t a massive success and nobody claims it was but it absolutely was but it had 3 top ten hits. That’d be a success for anyone else. Gimme a break. And then people piling on with Blackout, Britney Jean, and Glory. Blackout’s quality is what gets praised, not how successful it was. It’s known as a cult classic because it flopped originally and became loved well after the fact because of her troubles at the time. & nobody claims Britney Jean & Glory as successful eras :deadbanana2:

Seriously, it's so transparent that it is another thread to just target Britney :deadbanana2: 

Edited by Blackout2006

7 hours ago, Anticipating said:

B'Day - 14,095,000

---

Spotify streams

RIAA certification

Hurt - 1x Platinum (#19)

9 hours ago, Anticipating said:

Femme Fatale eligible certifications

Album - 2x Platinum

Hold It Against Me - 2x Platinum

Till the World Ends - 4x Platinum

I Wanna Go - 2x Platinum

Criminal - Platinum

For comparison purposes, Back to Basics recently got certified 2x Platinum despite coming out in a much better sales climate. So if Femme Fatale isn't a success, then the OP's fave Xtina hasn't had a hit era in 20 years. :deadbanana:

Ouuuu! :deadbanana2:

Femme Fatale was a modest success, it sold a lot of singles. It was enough for RCA to still give her a huge budget for Britney Jean at the very least, that "Work *****" video was insanely expensive.

14 hours ago, Norte said:

Well people already (rightfully) FF and Blackout, I'd add Rated R by Rihanna

Rated R was saved by "Rude Boy". It's at 7.5M units, a big decline from Good Girl Gone Bad but not a flop in the grand scheme of things. It's only 500k less units than Circus.

16 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

UVST is the single biggest album in Spotify history. Expecting Midnights to do better than it, no matter how large the gap between the two is, is asinine and ridiculous considering that Taylor's career is 17 years old and she peaked in her biggest market six albums ago. It's still doing better on streaming than all but like 3 albums, and none of those albums had also sold over 3 million pure copies in their first few months (which is eating into Midnights' streams). 

Midnights is only getting 12 million streams every day on Spotify after four and a half months, it's a career-ending flop!

You guys have said multiple times Taylor is the biggest artist of all time. Why can’t she beat UVST?

the dua lipa stans are always so pressed:rip:they really cant stand artists who smash organically

OT: flops are only labels as success by the stans but if i have to pick one it has to be FF

9 hours ago, Anticipating said:

@Mystic Boy is 45 years old. Give him a break. It's not easy to engage in stan wars when you're middle aged.

Wait is this real? :deadbanana: I always thought there's something off about that user's posts, now it all adds up nnn

OT: Joanne and chromatica came to mind tbh. lady ga ga fans still try to pretend she hasn't been flopping for over a decade now and ASIB wasn't just a fluke, yet if we look at the numbers.. :coffee:

On 3/4/2023 at 8:23 PM, Pristine said:

Evermore 

ATRL try drag Lover but evermore was truly the only flop 

evermore didn't flop, it just got overshadowed. It crossed 1 million pure sales in the US, which is huge for a 2020s album (it also did it without any alternative physical covers and only 2 different colored vinyls. I don't think any other album this decade has sold this much with such few variants). 14/17 tracks have crossed the 100m mark on Spotify, with another passing the mark in like a month. It was definitely a success! :supaspaz:

None of Taylor Swift's albums belong in this discussion since her huge pure sales bring in a lot of revenue to her and her label. 

OT: Albums that rack up billions of free streams by artists who have yet to make an appearance on IFPI's best-selling artists list

SBEBwgh.thumb.gif.d2123482f29d5316044a49

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.