Lana shows love to Morgan Wallen

Machete

33 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

All pop stars do stuff like that. They like to rile people up and get attention even if is by doing things that are wrong. 

I think there's a difference between riling people up by just being a woman versus the way Lana has constantly decided to try and get attention. Does she even know Morgan Wallen personally?

When her history as an artist has been using problematic themes (whether it be glamorizing domestic violence, nationalist imagery that makes people uncomfortable, or racial stereotypes) and then framing criticism to that as "hatred" against her as a "soft, delicate misunderstood woman," it's not hard to see why people would view her trying to become close to Morgan Wallen of all people through a cynical lens.

It's weird that other user wants to bring in other artists, when one can easily point out how someone like Chloe was held accountable for working with Chris Brown, yet similar baiting for controversy by Lana always ends with immediate defense. What's the difference there?

33 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

From they way I read you post it seemed as if you were calling me those things just like you did to her and her family. If that is not what it was, alright then, my bad.

I barely know about her or her family, I don't feel offended if you like to think they are tone-deaf and racist. That is what you think. 

The only thing I said is that it was sick to think the reason why she wanted those videos back was because there was incestous things on them. You literally just made that up to rile people up, like you said Lana likes to do.

If you don't know much about her family, that's reasonable you'd not know what people are referencing when talking about them, but the bolded bit was literally a joke mocking her consistent usage of cult imagery (one era was basically 'coquette Charles Manson sister wife' :skull:) or posting things online like literally making out with her sister for one of her sister's art projects and it posted with no context or explanation of intent. 

Maybe Lana isn't some deeply misunderstood artist whose art about the romantic era of America's traditionalist past is too nuanced for people to get. Maybe she's just a contrarian who has little care or understanding for why her art or politics are often tone-deaf. :cm:

Edited by Communion

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• BrokenMachine

• Ice Cream Skies

• Protocol

13 hours ago, J Legend X said:

Oh please... I'm sure you have problematic/racist family members and friends, and y'all still support them... :giraffe:

Erm? Speak for yourself boo. I cut off all my racist family members, I don't mess with that ****. And racist friends? Yeah that's mental illness.

OT: Not surprised tbh, she's always been a bit dumb

1 hour ago, Communion said:

1) Not her fans being more offended at the suggestion that her weirdly close family who obsess over the 1950s are some cult than the suggestion that the only other logical option is that they're largely tone-deaf and racist, as shown by Lana's own history of being tone-deaf and racist despite fashioning herself as liberal. :skull:

2) The gaslighting to make it seem it's projection to think her family are weirdly close and that I have to be insane to have come to this (slightly sarcastic!) suggestion, only to be reminded that **** like this exists:

1oyifSczew6aDtEn_VKHRrodslVoF0rOXrc4Wm4t

Based on all of the above, something tells me this new antic of sending love hearts to Morgan Wallen of all people is just Lana trying to get attention like she always desires, even if it's not good attention. :celestial5:

according to your logic we can come to the conclusion that you support colonization and slavery considering your post history? :redface:

8 hours ago, Protocol said:

Exactly. Beyonce has performed for dictators, Gaga made a song where she let a known rapist sing the lyrics "do what I want with your body", Nicki said the f slur in a song, Rihanna released "American Oxygen" .... and yet we forgave them all.

What’s wrong with American oxygen :deadbanana4: it’s a cute song that immigrants can relate to :deadvision:

14 minutes ago, Betty White said:

This is probably the most ironic post of 2023 so far, congrats babe

The way she made Born To Die a decade ago and still has some of y'all in a VICE GRIP that you're willing to lay down and die on this hill to defend her random outbursts and reactionary posts. :deadbanana4: The fact that some of y''all will still be doing this next year when she inevitably likes some post praising Ron DeSantis over Biden or something similar with her constant flirtations with modern American conservatism that we're all meant to believe we're "misunderstanding". :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

Wow disgusting :biblio:

She’s exposed herself as such a Karen lately so I don’t know why I’m surprised 

9 minutes ago, Communion said:

The way she made Born To Die a decade ago and still has some of y'all in a VICE GRIP that you're willing to lay down and die on this hill to defend her random outbursts and reactionary posts. :deadbanana4: The fact that some of y''all will still be doing this next year when she inevitably likes some post praising Ron DeSantis over Biden or something similar with her constant flirtations with modern American conservatism that we're all meant to believe we're "misunderstanding". :deadbanana4:

Nah, I'm just here to laugh at you. I don't like Born To Die, but keep writing fanfic cause I'm giggled :bibliahh:

From what I understand she’s a republican and there’s nothing anyone else can convince me otherwise. Still listening to some of her music since it still slaps

Can you imagine if this was any other MPG… maybe Lana still isn’t that relevant :toofunny2:

9 hours ago, Icarus said:

From the context it seems like he was drunkenly using it to refer to a friend, intended in the same way that black people use it amongst themselves. 

In that case and considering he apologised, I don’t agree with people who brand him racist for life and say he should be cancelled forever.

9 hours ago, Protocol said:

He did not call a black man that, he said it to his white friend. But I do not blame you for being confused because the media ran with the headline of "Country star says the n word!" without mentioning that it was said to his white friend as drunken banter.

Anyway stream A&W or whatever that unlistenable single the gays are gassing up is called.

Black people do not refer to each other as the N word with the hard ER.

That was the problem regardless of whether it was said to a white guy or not, if he had just said ***** in a “friendly” way like black people do there would’ve still been backlash, but not as much. 

The fact that he said it that way while drunk, indicates that he’s used the word a lot previously, no doubt to refer to actual black people. But stay ignorant and defending this clown. 

4 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

I don't get it, what is the issue here? :confused:

Of course YOU wouldn’t see the issue. :deadbanana4: 

You’re one of the most clueless and bigoted members on here. 

I'm kinda cackling at people saying it was "not that bad" because he called his white friend it when him calling his white friend it when drunk and trying to be derogatory is THE tell of a classic casual racist. :priceless:

The man is a racist, not unusual for his genre too but lana is not unaware of her power, especially her influence. She's not some ditzy broad from the otherside of the train tracks, she's a smart girl and she knows what her love means.

I don't think this makes her a bad person, just another chain in her pattern, which others are taking notice of.

The So Legit songstress has been EXPOSED. :bibliahh:

Her own nasty fans constantly harass her and the media has tried "cancelling" her for blinking or breathing several times. I'm sure she could care less what any of those types think and is even doing this stuff deliberately now. Queen. :clap3:

18 minutes ago, RunUpDoneUp said:

I'm kinda cackling at people saying it was "not that bad" because he called his white friend it when him calling his white friend it when drunk and trying to be derogatory is THE tell of a classic casual racist. :priceless:

The man is a racist, not unusual for his genre too but lana is not unaware of her power, especially her influence. She's not some ditzy broad from the otherside of the train tracks, she's a smart girl and she knows what her love means.

I don't think this makes her a bad person, just another chain in her pattern, which others are taking notice of.

I googled it and it happened in February 2021 :deadbanana4:,he  apologized and never did it again. Is he supposed to remain cancelled without a career for the rest of his life?

Are we even shocked that the 'Question for the Culture' chanteuse would support this man

Serving taste for once 

I'm folk, I'm jazz, I'm blue, I'm green
Regrettably also a white woman 
But I have good intentions
Even if I'm one of the last ones 
If you don't believe me, read my poetry
And my melodies, feel it in your bones

Not her making a whole song on this new album be about her feeling that she's purposefully misunderstood and her words misconstrued due to being white only for her to then do nonsense like this as always. :ahh: And then some of y'all will sit here and gaslight people.

Edited by Communion

Just now, NewStanner said:

A racist supporting another racist?

spacer.png

Are we going to forget that one post where she randomly decided to **** shame various female artists, almost all of them "coincidentally" being POC women? Or the fact that she used to date a questionable cop? The signs were there, let's be real, but because ATRLers love to defend her (and her overrated ass music), it has been all overlooked :michael:

The way she literally wasn’t shading those women but commenting on how times were evolving to allow for women to be openly sexual. Y’all are so intentionally dense.

2 hours ago, conquxror said:

My take on this is that Lana is clearly more inclined to conservative ideas nowadays and I believe she has made that very clear in the past — (“i’m not not a feminist”, becoming a born again christian or whatever). It’s not surprising that she seems to be hanging with more… right-winged (?) people. But that doesn’t mean she’s supporting their actions y’all, they’re probably just on the same circle and know each other. IDK. Seems like people are overthinking this. The truth is that Lana is just big Karen and that’s okay we still love her :clap3:

She’s always been a far lefty. Look at her old Twitter. 

but she’s so out of touch she probably doesn’t even know about that Morgan Wallen video. The entirety of straight America is stanning him right now.

15 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Every straight person I know is stanning him right now it’s disgusting 

i literally saw 3 or 4 white gays post about his new album in their stories yesterday too :rip: 

1 minute ago, NewStanner said:

Oh, PLEASE :toofunny2:

She literally referenced her own sexual songs as well (and how critics reacted to them) but of course you left that out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.