Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding - "Miracle"

Something

Like it's not only about the weirdness of an extremely established artist competing in a singing competition but people will flame and resent Ellie for underservingly taking the spot of a contestant who actually needed this promo.

Ellie doing Eurovision is quite possibly one of the worst decisions I've ever heard and if it is true, I literally have no words.

Not to mention the possibilites of Ellie getting voted out first round which is very very possible and likely. Imagine the disaster.

It will be a catastrophic MESS.

I hope Ellie is just a guest performer and not actually competing. That will be cute and nice.

Edited by Delirious

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• calvinharrisfan

• Cqmerqn

• Something

28 minutes ago, Delirious said:

ABBA are legends yes, but only in Europe. noone knows them in the US (especially now) and that is a fact. Ellie has more streams than all of these acts combined :clap3:

Ellie has nothing this decade and yet she still has 5m more monthly listeners on spotify without even lifting a finger. that's what i call consistency :clap3:

maneskin only became famous because of eurovision. their popularity will steeply decline and they will become irrelevant in one year (their new album already bombed)

If no one knows ABBA in the US, especially now, then I guess they know Ellie Goulding even less. As for Maneskin their album debuted higher and had the same amount of charting weeks.

2020s Billboard 200
ABBA - #2 Voyage - 7 weeks charted - nominated for AOTY
Maneskin - #18 - 2 weeks charted
Ellie Goulding - #29 - 2 weeks charted

Us discussing and there being actual speculation about her doing Eurovision and people actually believing it speaks that she is not above doing it at all.

Edited by mystery

this is giving "incoming global smash" just like how the Guetta/Bebe's track did last year.

1 hour ago, mystery said:

If no one knows ABBA in the US, especially now, then I guess they know Ellie Goulding even less. As for Maneskin their album debuted higher and had the same amount of charting weeks.

2020s Billboard 200
ABBA - #2 Voyage - 7 weeks charted - nominated for AOTY
Maneskin - #18 - 2 weeks charted
Ellie Goulding - #29 - 2 weeks charted

Us discussing and there being actual speculation about her doing Eurovision and people actually believing it speaks that she is not above doing it at all.

They know Elllie more for sure. Lights + SFFY went viral last year. My Blood is viral atm. Ellie has sold more certified in the US overall than ABBA. ABBA only has ~10m certified units in the US. Ellie has 41m. Ellie has 30m more certified units. :rip:

Regardless, album sales are not always the only indicator of success/relevancy nowerdays. Especially when youre comparing it to Ellie's worst performing album. Relevancy and success is also a lot about single success, overall sales, streams and longevity as well and ABBA cannot even compete remotely with "Close To Me" and "Hate Me"'s or even "Sixteen's" success.

Either way if we're really comparing these albums, 'Brightest Blue' is already certified Gold in the Us and stands currently at 700k+ units. ABBA & Maneskin's albums will never ever reach the gold certification until maybe when I'm dead.

Their highest streamed song from their high-anticipated comeback album has 62m streams. Ellie's sped up version of "Lights" which was released a year later will surpass that song in one month. "All By Myself" will surpass the song in a month as well.

I guarantee you very little people know about ABBA outside of Europe, especially nowerdays. It's the truth. Even though they don't know who Ellie is (they kinda do now because of the viral memes on TikTok) at least they know Ellie's hits like LMLYD, Burn, Lights, Outside etc.

Anyways why are we even comparing stats of artists, everyone already said multiple times that Ellie is performing at a festival on the same date as Eurovision so it cancels out the rumor of her performance.

Edited by Delirious

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

ABBA are legends yes, but only in Europe. noone knows them in the US (especially now) and that is a fact.

:bibliahh:

47 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Like it's not only about the weirdness of an extremely established artist competing in a singing competition but people will flame and resent Ellie for underservingly taking the spot of a contestant who actually needed this promo.

Ellie doing Eurovision is quite possibly one of the worst decisions I've ever heard and if it is true, I literally have no words.

Not to mention the possibilites of Ellie getting voted out first round which is very very possible and likely. Imagine the disaster.

I hope Ellie is just a guest performer and not actually competing. That will be cute and nice.

The UK automatically qualify for the final, so she couldn’t be voted out in the first round.

I actually think Eurovision could be a good move for her at this point, with the right song it could totally rejuvenate her career in Europe, and it’s also done wonders for Sam Ryder in the UK.

But anyway, didn’t somebody say that she has a show booked somewhere for the same time Eurovision is happening? So it’s unlikely?

4 minutes ago, Delirious said:

I mean...she literally announced this a few weeks ago

2 minutes ago, Miichael said:

The UK automatically qualify for the final, so she couldn’t be voted out in the first round.

I actually think Eurovision could be a good move for her at this point, with the right song it could totally rejuvenate her career in Europe, and it’s also done wonders for Sam Ryder in the UK.

But anyway, didn’t somebody say that she has a show booked somewhere for the same time Eurovision is happening? So it’s unlikely?

i mean she literlly tweeted it :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator

Everyone in the US knows ABBA, they are legends and that is undeniable.

Competing in Eurovision is not a death sentence to an artist's career like it used to be.  The contest has such a huge global platform and if utilized correctly can result in a massive hit or massive exposure.  Armenia's song last year, Snap, is bigger than any Ellie song since Hate Me and Rosa Linn only placed 20th.

Obviously Ellie is not competing in Eurovision though since she's promoting a conflicting festival date, and at this point it's likely Freya with an outside chance of it being Rina.

ABBA are legends in the US. Like Springsteen/Billy Joel level legends.

Dancing Queen alone is a song that EVERYONE knows. Not to mention Mamma Mia (song and movie), SOS, The Winner Takes It All.

Ellie is too big for Eurovision, but comparing her to ABBA is :rip:

31 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Everyone in the US knows ABBA, they are legends and that is undeniable.

Competing in Eurovision is not a death sentence to an artist's career like it used to be.  The contest has such a huge global platform and if utilized correctly can result in a massive hit or massive exposure.  Armenia's song last year, Snap, is bigger than any Ellie song since Hate Me and Rosa Linn only placed 20th.

Obviously Ellie is not competing in Eurovision though since she's promoting a conflicting festival date, and at this point it's likely Freya with an outside chance of it being Rina.

21 minutes ago, Tylerbv said:

ABBA are legends in the US. Like Springsteen/Billy Joel level legends.

Dancing Queen alone is a song that EVERYONE knows. Not to mention Mamma Mia (song and movie), SOS, The Winner Takes It All.

Ellie is too big for Eurovision, but comparing her to ABBA is :rip:

Even if ABBA are legends in the US, they aren't as relevant as Ellie, Selena, Dua Lipa etc. is now in the 21st century in the US. Only boomers know who ABBA is nowerdays. Like I'm not trying to say that they aren't legends (because they are, at least in Europe) or unsuccessful (their legacy is undeniable) but saying theyre more relevant than Ellie now in the US is a kii honestly. Even if noone knows who Ellie is, it doesn't matter because they all recognize her voice and know Lights, LMLYD, Burn etc. with certainty. Or they will hear Ellie's songs spammed on radio 247. Look I know ABBA is 1000000x more influential and 1000000x successful than Ellie and it's not even comparable but I'm talking about now. They haven't scored a US hit in 50 years and it's not even their fault because they took such a long break.

And I think we all know if Ellie actually competes, she will get more hate than love (unless she truly knocks it out of the path) and the anxiety will consume her.

Edited by Delirious

2 hours ago, Delirious said:

Well this is impossible, as the UK go straight through to the finals.

3 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

Well this is impossible, as the UK go straight through to the finals.

Ok well thank god but just imagine if Ellie gets the least amount of votes in the final round. That would be still very disasterous.

I know Eurovision will boost Ellie's career but is it really worth the risks? The amount of things that can go wrong is too much.

I’m sorry but I feel the only reason Eurovision would be a be a death sentence is if there’s bad press around it, because of her anxiety. She would probably go into hibernation mode after

this song sounds incredible, the trance revival is upon us :jonny4: it’s giving 00s clubland, this is gonna be huge in the UK.

Also, there’s no way Ellie is doing Eurovision and I wouldn’t even want her to. She isn’t right for the competition. Let’s be real, I adore her but she’s not the best live performer

20 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

I’m sorry but I feel the only reason Eurovision would be a be a death sentence is if there’s bad press around it, because of her anxiety. She would probably go into hibernation mode after

I'm just gonna be blunt but the GP doesn't really like Ellie if im being completely honest. Her voice is unique. You either love it or you hate it 

The comments on twitter and Instagram and TikTok have already been mostly negative.

The performance may not end badly for sales but who cares about sales when there will be literally non stop hate against Ellie 247. It will be a nightmare.

20 minutes ago, AidanUnderYou said:

this song sounds incredible, the trance revival is upon us :jonny4: it’s giving 00s clubland, this is gonna be huge in the UK.

Also, there’s no way Ellie is doing Eurovision and I wouldn’t even want her to. She isn’t right for the competition. Let’s be real, I adore her but she’s not the best live performer

Yea her vocals have improved a lot and she's so stable now but she really needs a comfortable place to perform better. A high stress environment is definitely not that place.

The only way she should do Eurovision (and i doubt she even is) is if Calvin was literally on stage with her.  Spread the embarrassment around.

5 minutes ago, Delirious said:

I'm just gonna be blunt but the GP doesn't really like Ellie if im being completely honest. Her voice is unique. You either love it or you hate it 

The comments on twitter and Instagram and TikTok have already been mostly negative.

The TikTok reaction has actually been great for this song. Calvin’s video of her singing in the church went viral and has over 1m likes and the comments are praising her voice and they’re desperate for her to collab with The Weeknd lol.

It’s done wonders for her own videos A well, the one she posted of her singing the chorus a capella has 240k likes which is good for her. I can see this song becoming a hit. 

I can honestly see her in Eurovision. She’s been kinda forgotten since 2017 so she would fit nicely 

not another song with Ellie Goulding :deadbanana4:

i'm sorry to her fans but her voice is so annoying to hear and the songs they made together aged all like milk 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.