Is Rihanna the worst Superbowl performer of all time?

spree

Is Rihanna the worst Superbowl performer of all time?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rihanna the worst Superbowl performer of all time?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• spree

• Modus

• ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚

It wasn’t better than Maroon 5 or The Weeknd. Blinding Lights alone >>> plus Adam Levine actually had passion and nudity. Rihanna had ZERO passion.  I wouldn’t be surprised if this performance hurts her numbers in the long run. 

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, XIAN said:

not when BEP, Bruno Mars, and Weeknd performances exist

Bruno was great, what :skull:

better than Justin, The weekend, Coldplay, Maroon 5 

But surely worst of all pop girl.

Katy, Shakira/Jlo remain at the top show

Not the worst but it was definitely mid

Don't Stop the Music, Pon de Replay and Shut Up and Drive were snubbed

BEP and Maroon 5 were far worse than that. That said, it was underwhelming. 

djflakdf the dramatics in here

It was in the middle of the pack. Certainly not the best but DEFINITELY not the worst. It was better than Maroon 5, BEP & a bunch of those random mashup shows from the 90's and 00's. she did about as well as JT & The Weeknd... who were also middle of the pack 

as far as women... she may have the worst of the pop girls and that's no shade. They usually bring it and she didn't. She's also pregnant and for that I can give her some leeway, as underwhelmed as i am. 

Not the worst but yeah… The fenty makeup ad in the middle of the performance really sealed the deal for me. It was almost insulting to be honest. 

shes truly just meant to be a voice on radio. nothing to offer onstage, barely any choreography, no stage presence, creativity, just vibes and a bad ***** look :deadbanana4:

the luckiest popgirl alive.

• ATRL Moderator

It was really bad.  saving Grace  is that most of the songs she performed were good hits.  

low energy, low creativity, lazy, not a single song performed in full.  Just a lot of sloppy work and baffling decisions by her and her team.  

additionally, was it a pregnancy reveal or not? It seems like that was the intention but all of us were still not sure after it and had to wait until media / her team confirmed. :ace:they bungled that too.  

haven't seen JT or M5’s performance so idk if Rih did worse than them but if you tell me that they are worse I’ll probably believe you.   

3 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

shes truly just meant to be a voice on radio. nothing to offer onstage, barely any choreography, no stage presence, creativity, just vibes and a bad ***** look :deadbanana4:

the luckiest popgirl alive.

:redface:

1 hour ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

Maroon 5, Gaga's and Justin T were worse

Agreed.

I mean she is pregnant, and the hormonal changes can really fu** you up randomly. Maybe nerves coupled together with pregnancy, wasn’t the right combination for a Superbowl performance…

She looked amazing, and served a catalogue of hits that will never die. 

11 minutes ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

djflakdf the dramatics in here

It was in the middle of the pack. Certainly not the best but DEFINITELY not the worst. It was better than Maroon 5, BEP & a bunch of those random mashup shows from the 90's and 00's. she did about as well as JT & The Weeknd... who were also middle of the pack 

as far as women... she may have the worst of the pop girls and that's no shade. They usually bring it and she didn't. She's also pregnant and for that I can give her some leeway, as underwhelmed as i am. 

That didnt stop Beyonce

1 hour ago, nadiamendell said:

one thing I'm not seeing many people mention is that she performed a song by a LITERAL N*ZI. What was she thinking???  :rip:

Two songs, he's credited in Run This Town and produced it.

Also the fact Where Have You Been isn't even among her top 10 biggest hits and yet she performed it giving Dr. Luke, who produced and wrote it, a great coin by performing it :redface:

PS. Kanye also wrote and produced BBHMM so that makes it THREE of his songs peformed tonight. I'll have to pass on this one since it's one of her best songs, but the fact she chose to perform three Kanye songs makes me think he literally run to her asking her as some 'friends favor' to perform those songs :gaycat6:

Edited by BrokenMachine

5 minutes ago, madonnas said:

It was really bad.  saving Grace  is that most of the songs she performed were good hits.  

low energy, low creativity, lazy, not a single song performed in full.  Just a lot of sloppy work and baffling decisions by her and her team.  

additionally, was it a pregnancy reveal or not? It seems like that was the intention but all of us were still not sure after it and had to wait until media / her team confirmed. :ace:they bungled that too.  

haven't seen JT or M5’s performance so idk if Rih did worse than them but if you tell me that they are worse I’ll probably believe you.   

tea,

it looked like she rubbed her belly at the start but then it looked like a typical Rihanna style crotch grab so you were left thinking “errr is she pregnant?” instead of “Awwwe she’s pregnant!” which was an odd choice to say the least.

Also people are over-praising the set list when it almost felt like a weird tribute dance performance megamix, which didnt give any of the hits enough time to shine, they all just blended in together.

Sigh, im curious if this was what the intended performance was or was this a lot of last minute compromises?

1 minute ago, BrokenMachine said:

Two songs, he's credited in Run This Town and produced it.

Also the fact Where Have You Been isn't even among her top 10 biggest hits and yet she performed it giving Dr. Luke, who produced and wrote it, a great coin by performing it :redface:

Aside from the rapists and nazis the performance was just boring and you could tell she didn't want to be there. Stick to makeup and instagram Rihanna, music wasn't ever for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.