is Beyoncé still the only legend of her generation?

DTF

Beyonce is the biggest star of our generation. Taylor Swift is heading down the same path but it'll be a few years before she can solidify that for herself. MJ comparison is whack though no star has ever compared to him, previous generations or ours.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• bijonse

• Blackout2006

• Baby Boy

14 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

This is what I said 

“Success wise I’d say pink is bigger. Bigger album sales and singles too. Impact wise yeah it’s Bey” 

I think Beyonce is bigger:

Beyonce - 92M SPS

Pink - 81M SPS

When you include DC, that gap becomes radically bigger. 

Edited by Aristotle

12 hours ago, Eternium said:

Beyonce said her eyes were opened after the Britney-Madonna kiss in 2003 (we all remember her controversy for her original comment). Beyonce borrowed Britney’s IAS4U choreography for her Dance For You video. Beyonce recreated the bridge of the Toxic video for her C&A commercial. Beyonce recreated Britney’s 2003 AMAs performance at the 2006 VMAs. Beyonce promoted an entire fragrance line from Elizabeth Arden that were exact copies of Britney’s line. And that’s just from what I remember before I stopped stanning Beyonce in 2008.

And Britney will always have positive things to say about good people. She worked with Beyonce when DC opened up her tour and also when Beyonce hosted a special on her. Britney has nice things to say about everyone she’s worked with (unless they’ve been truly terrible), and that’s part of what makes her so likable. She also said that Selena Gomez is “inspiring” and Selena Gomez is just Britney with much worse vocals and no dancing talent.

with what can we respond to this with other than a big: :ahh:?

How can you think anyone could take you seriously with all these reaches and fanfics ? :toofunny3:

11 hours ago, SharonStone said:

Im not a Britney stan but let me just say this-

Britney achieved everything she has with the disadvantage that the media treated her like trash

Beyonce achieved everything she has with the advantage that the media treats her like god

In light of this, is Bey's career and stats that impressive to be called the only legend from her generation?

spacer.png

Were you even around in 2000 or 2006/7. To name a few years. 

this fable that bey had an easy ride with the media :skull:

2 hours ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

Were you even around in 2000 or 2006/7. To name a few years. 

this fable that bey had an easy ride with the media :skull:

Still remember that petition to re-shoot Déjà-vu video :dies:

The way media turned on her when LeYoya released her solo album.

Thank god "Irreplaceable" was in the place to save the era tbh.

Beyoncé had several media backlash, but since she's smart,focused and passionate, she always turned things to her own advantage.

No public meltdown and drama, she always stood with dignity and never played victim no matter what, not everybody has that and that's why she'll remain the principal legendary Pop figure of the 21st century :clap3:

No weakness, Drama Queenism and public embarrassment allowed :cm:

You fix  into this word as if it meant something in the real world 

22 hours ago, SharonStone said:

Im not a Britney stan but let me just say this-

Britney achieved everything she has with the disadvantage that the media treated her like trash

Beyonce achieved everything she has with the advantage that the media treats her like god

In light of this, is Bey's career and stats that impressive to be called the only legend from her generation?

What does this have to do with attaining legend status? The media has always been hard on Madonna. The media has been even harder on Michael Jackson since the early 1990s. They're still widely regarded as legends.

10 hours ago, Monkey_Juice said:

Britney and Rihanna are also legendary to me.

E4C4A48F-D8A3-4560-9B18-E3AC65E46445.thu

Not only to you, sis :fan:

Only ATRL lives in delusion :lakitu:

On 2/12/2023 at 9:48 AM, Aristotle said:

Beyonce - 92M SPS

Pink - 81M SPS

I'm not sure how Pink is bigger when B had been bigger on Spotify, YT, AM, Pandora, Melon & JOOX :deadbanana4:anything to discredit B I guess. Even REN outsold Pink's latest album in its first week. 

On 2/11/2023 at 4:30 AM, Josh said:

Beyonce isn't even a legend.

And you don't even have a profile picture. Stay PRESSED OBH :bibliahh:

I would categorize Beyoncé in the same league as Michael Jackson, Madonna and Prince because she's a show woman. She's creative in every single thing she does—songs, albums, videos, performances. Adele is one who would join the ranks of Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Celine Dion because her voice is what she's known for. Beyoncé has great vocals too, don't get me wrong, but standing still in front of a microphone with a spotlight on her is not exactly what one pictures when you say her name. She's an overall package.

5 hours ago, BODERLINE said:

Imagine actually thinking Britney IS a legend :rip: the utter delusion :rip:

Yes, I'm not a fan at all but she outlasted Britney and Xtina and has more impact than P!nk or JT. I'd say Eminem is just as big as her though so she's not the "only" legend. 

On 2/12/2023 at 1:48 AM, Aristotle said:

Beyonce - 92M SPS

Pink - 81M SPS

Beyonce has released 83 singles as Solo artist and 23 with Destiny child that's 106 singles in her career of course the gap is going to be radically bigger as it should she has 50 singles more :deadbanana4:

Pink has released 56 singles 

Beyonce has 27 more singles than pink so of course her SPS will be bigger infact Beyonce has released more than any of her peers

Beyonce Solo singles 83

pink 56 singles 

Britney spears 45 singles

Jennifer Lopez 65 singles 

On 2/11/2023 at 1:33 AM, Triton said:

Who else?

Only Shakira comes really. 

Shakira isn't close to being a legend lmfao

On 2/11/2023 at 1:53 AM, swissman said:

The thing about Beyoncé is that her longevity in the industry has actually made it so that she as a wide range of peers you could name for her

• There are those who debuted just before/slightly after or around the time of Destiny's Child (like Usher, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Timberlake Britney Spears...)
  • There are those who debuted just before/slightly after her solo debut (Ashanti, Ciara, Amerie...)
  • And then there are those who debuted in the mid-late 2000s during which Beyoncé was a decade into the game and still peaking, and thus would be still associated to that cohort of pop music (Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift...)

I'd say of anyone in the industry, the one that is most closely Beyoncé's own peer is Justin Timberlake.

• Both Beyoncé and Justin got their start in the late 1990s as the central figure of a hugely popular group
  • Both Beyoncé and Justin went solo in the early 2000s
  • Both Beyoncé and Justin had notable pop-music relationships
  • Both Beyoncé and Justin had notable pop-music infidelities (which was included in their music)
  • Both Beyoncé and Justin have:
    • worked together across various eras
    • made forays into acting
    • performed at the Super Bowl twice
      • (Justin 3 times as part of N*Sync, Beyoncé 3 times including her singing the National Anthem)
    • had a long string of hits well past many of their peers'

I'm not sure what my point is here but it's interesting, I think.

Nobody cares about Justin Timberlake though. You have to have some impact to be a legend.

5 hours ago, DanceAgain said:

Beyonce has released 83 singles as Solo artist and 23 with Destiny child that's 106 singles in her career of course the gap is going to be radically bigger as it should she has 50 singles more :deadbanana4:

Pink has released 56 singles 

Beyonce has 27 more singles than pink so of course her SPS will be bigger infact Beyonce has released more than any of her peers

Beyonce Solo singles 83

pink 56 singles 

Britney spears 45 singles

Jennifer Lopez 65 singles 

LOL.

Between Beyoncé, Pink and Britney, it was Beyoncé who has the least amount of (solo) studio albums. Beyoncé has SIX until REN that was just released six months ago. Britney and Pink each has 8 & 9 not to mention they benefited from the better sales climate earlier in 2000s. 

Speaking of singles, it's not Beyoncé's fault that her songs are doing so good that she could release as many singles as she could. Do you think Britney Jean and Glory or H2BH could have 5 singles? 

Besides, Britney and Pink do not have the capability to release soundtrack albums like B. And their live albums aren't as impactful as B either. 

Some random Beyoncé songs like Id Rather Go Blind and Dangerously In Love had like 100M views on YT which is something Pink's official MV struggle to  achieve :deadbanana4:

Edited by PrudenceHCharmed

Bey, Gaga, Adele, Taylor are the top 4 legends incoming from the past twenty years. So yes unbiasedly:
Bey is from her era.
B281E9CC-B1CC-42EE-8C80-B1074927E8DD.thu

5 hours ago, Isaac19709 said:

Nobody cares about Justin Timberlake though

Now this is a lie. 

8 hours ago, Isaac19709 said:

Nobody cares about Justin Timberlake though. You have to have some impact to be a legend.

That's my point. He's really her only "peer" in every sense of how her career has played out (since people are often unsure how to categorize the "start" of her career) and yet he's nowhere near her level of impact.

If that is what you want to believe, then yes she is a legend. However, the same way she can be a legend to you, she isn't a legend to others.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.