Madonna can’t win when it comes to her appearance

The Second Coming

23 minutes ago, fountain said:

Why does anybody care? Literally the only person who should be worried about her appearance is Madonna herself. How is this anybody else’s concern

she's a threat to society. disturbing the peace.

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Most old divas aren’t shamed for their appearance in their 60s. They just got old and it’s natural, people don’t care.

Madonna was super hot in her 40s and she still looked great in her 50s. But her 60s were kinda rough and she can’t keep up anymore, the excessive plastic surgery and filters show the excessive amount of insecurity.

I think she just needed to accept that she’s really old now and her body isn’t capable of looking younger. She looked great for most of her life and getting old with dignity and boosting her catalog would’ve been great for her.

and who are you telling a WOMAN what's great for her?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadOnHer

• GlamSlam

• wanderlust

• Chris

55 minutes ago, narid said:

Ridiculous take, and complete deflection of the issue. Have you read the article? Or just unable to say anything remotely positive when it comes to Madonna?

The woman attended the Grammy’s, spoke for 2mins, and has been subjected to a barrage of hate. There were no antics.

And what you call her ‘antics’ has been been central to all her advocacy work across the years, for LGBTQ+ rights, for women’s rights, including during the AIDS crisis when very few celebrities dared to speak on the issue. 

That argument, and demeaning her work as ‘antics’ seeking attention, is what the homophobes and misogynists have hurled at her for decades, so you are certainly choosing to be in good company.

:clap3::clap3:

this is so true

This is no exaggeration. In 1993, a Smash Hits magazine spread printed the words “Calm down Grandma!” over a picture of the musician performing at Wembley Stadium. She was 35 at the time.

This treatment has continued, ad nauseam, through every phase of Madonna’s career. In the 2000s, she was lambasted for her arms, with American gossip site TMZ describing them as “bloodcurdling veiny corpse arms”. In another post, they were dubbed “gruesomely muscled arms [that] appear to have been reassembled with the bony remains of a dead cow”

It's awful how she is being publicly and openly bullied for her appearance and people find it ok. 

People get surgery because they're insecure, insulting them make them feel even more insecure. 

Also people say "she used to look hot...I don't know what happened". But even when she was 40, they were making fun of her muscles, that picture of her coming out of the gym extra tired made runs for months and is still being brought up today. She was always called old hag. Sure, she went overboard but at some point, her confidence got shattered. 

I don't think the way people discuss her appearance online is okay. I think she does contradicts herself in certain of her life decisions, but it's not for me or for others to be the judge of that. 

16 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

this is so true

Oh. My. God… that’s terrible

Edited by TROJAN

8 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

Oh. My. God… that’s terrible

That **** really happened. this is how they dissected her pictures in the 00s!

GbERUm9.jpg

1 hour ago, Lover said:

I’m not telling her anything, I don’t have direct contact with her to do that.

Just seeing a sad situation from far.

I think the thing is that people are pointing out that she’s had so much work it’s having the opposite effect of what Madonna thinks it’s having. Madonna probably thinks with all these fillers and what not that she looks 27. 

She looked incredible during the Rebel Heart era and after that she didn’t just maintain her face to age well, she tried to look 30 years younger. 

And the reality is she’s actually putting herself in danger because every few months her face is becoming more and more extreme and almost like she’s trying to achieve the look that she gets from Facetune. 

While I do think it’s mean to insult her, I do also think she needs help to cope with her body dysmorphia because she’s clearly now got it. She always did tasteful surgery and now it’s gotten out of hand.

In her own words “This is your wake-up call” I guess. She’ll probably just continue getting more though until some sort of complication occurs. It’s sad. 

3 hours ago, Bang Up said:

There are tons of celebs who've gotten work done and nobody cares. It's the antics Madonna does that draw attention to herself and her face. If she acted like a sane adult as opposed to an attention-hungry child, she would get much less criticism.

Oh hi, it's you again in yet another Madonna thread and yet bashing her like you always do. Are you tired? 

Anyway, she was bashed in 1993 in her f-king 30s for looking old and being told "Calm Down Grandma." And it got progressively worse especially in her 40s when the media went after her veins (which came from intense work outs) and her "cryptic hands." She has since had noticeable work done every few years. You don't think that was ageism and bullying that forced her down that road? She's not playing the victim here - people have hated her since day 1 (including you, Liddo) and she's made it clear she will do what she wants without apologizing.

The only attention seeking I see is people like you that use the negative media as a crutch to continuously hate on a celebrity you despise. 

It is truth that she's always been criticized for her appearance, she was roasted in the 00s for being too veiny and now for ruining her face. It's kinda sad.

14 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

It is truth that she's always been criticized for her appearance, she was roasted in the 00s for being too veiny and now for ruining her face. It's kinda sad.

Yup - in 1993 she was bashed for her lesbian haircut. In 1997 she was bashed for being fat (while pregnant). In 1998 it was her crows feet and facial wrinkles. In 2003 is was her flabby arms. In 2008 it was her veins from working out so much and her first noticeable facial surgery. In 2012 it was "she looked SO old during the Superbowl." In 2019 it was how slowly she moved during Eurovision and needed a walker. Now we have "she's so unrecognizable!" 

Haters have been after her since the beginning. However, I do have to say that a majority of ATRL (besides a few from that stan base) is behind her after her tour announcement and The Grammys. 

Long love The Queen of Music. 

3 hours ago, Winged said:

I mean she looks like Jessica Alves  or Pete Burns 

she can’t hide it

Did you understand the article? No. 

3 hours ago, narid said:

Ridiculous take, and complete deflection of the issue. Have you read the article? Or just unable to say anything remotely positive when it comes to Madonna?

The woman attended the Grammy’s, spoke for 2mins, and has been subjected to a barrage of hate. There were no antics.

And what you call her ‘antics’ has been been central to all her advocacy work across the years, for LGBTQ+ rights, for women’s rights, including during the AIDS crisis when very few celebrities dared to speak on the issue. 

That argument, and demeaning her work as ‘antics’ seeking attention, is what the homophobes and misogynists have hurled at her for decades, so you are certainly choosing to be in good company.

So true...

I envy this woman's confident and endurance. Love her so much.

The fact that she needed to address the grammy must be because it was too much for her. 

4 hours ago, Bang Up said:

There are tons of celebs who've gotten work done and nobody cares. It's the antics Madonna does that draw attention to herself and her face. If she acted like a sane adult as opposed to an attention-hungry child, she would get much less criticism.

Agreed. If her plastic surgery looked good no one would care

but she’s turning into a Pete burns look alike nowadays. 

2 hours ago, wanderlust said:

GbERUm9.jpg

Okay this was doing the most for no reason. Those trash rags were a mess

3 hours ago, Lover said:

she's a threat to society. disturbing the peace.

I think that Trent person is very young.  He doesn't even know who Howard Stern is.

3 hours ago, wanderlust said:

GbERUm9.jpg

This picture is photoshopped btw. The original didn’t look nearly as bad. And this behavior happened a lot during the 00s.

Gays on atrl simply aren’t old enough to know this but it was terrible 

Who cares?

She has fans all over the world and we all love her regardless.

:heart2:

I like to believe the result on her face is a procedure gone wrong. Maybe she was trying to go for something else but this was the result and now loving herself the way she looks. But yeah she looked great during Rebel Heart 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.