Madonna can’t win when it comes to her appearance

The Second Coming

Mentioning the likes of Sharon Stone, Jamie Lee Curtis and Michelle Yeoh doesn't make sense, (yes, they look good) but none of them are as big of a celebrity as Madonna is. None of them are controversial figures / artists with provocative opinions and beliefs who have been addressing taboo subjects for decades with such ferocity and resilience in the face of adversity, so therefore society doesn't have a problem with them. Cher and Dolly went under the knife decades ago and looked awful, but they were never subjected to the abuse Madonna's receiving, and like Sharon and Jamie Lee, they didn't upset millions with their controversial opinions - because they didn't have any. lmao. They tick all the right boxes, tow the line and nobody bats an eyelid.

Madonna is disliked for simply being Madonna - the media and GP have already proven this by the way they've spoken about her over the last few decades (before any surgery took place).  The fact she continues to work (adding even bigger stats to her music and tour numbers) instead of withering up in a rocking chair, out of sight from humanity drives them insane. They want other female acts to take over in order to erase all she's ever achieved and stood for, but it'll never happen because history can't be rewritten. She's a trailblazer and incredible woman / artist. The surgery is just another convenient excuse to continue attacking her, and that's all there is to it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadOnHer

• GlamSlam

• wanderlust

• Chris

No lies told. People who otherwise preach about ageism and women’s rights/misogyny often think it’s fair game to dog on Madonna. They’ll praise how Shakira/J Lo/Beyoncé/Gwen (formerly) are aging so well because they’re still beautiful but Madonna gets tons of hate. 

I still can’t believe the sheer disrespect people give her especially the audience. People are forgetting she’s the queen of pop and when she dies it’ll be a completely different story 

11 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

The same woman who laughed at someone’s rape, stole songs and records for years, and has dissed most of her FEMALE peers (most recently Gaga) is now suddenly the “victim” of misogyny? Please. :priceless:

And said that she’d rather be dead than be Mariah, calling her brain dead. She made fun of Peggy Lee, trashed Sharon Stone, Joan Collins, Whitney Houston, Geena Davis, Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul, Belinda Carlisle, Lady Gaga…

Madonna has never supported women and wouldn’t be caught dead with someone her own age. She said that no one has her energy. lol. Sandra Bernhard said that Madonna simply doesn’t want a mirror placed in front of her - that’s why she won’t hang around people her own age. 

If Madonna was truly fighting ageism and a rebel, she wouldn’t be destroying her face and body. That’s on her. 

She’s worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Cry me a river. 

She’s a professional victim. 

41 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

Mentioning the likes of Sharon Stone, Jamie Lee Curtis and Michelle Yeoh doesn't make sense, (yes, they look good) but none of them are as big of a celebrity as Madonna is. None of them are controversial figures / artists with provocative opinions and beliefs who have been addressing taboo subjects for decades with such ferocity and resilience in the face of adversity, so therefore society doesn't have a problem with them. Cher and Dolly went under the knife decades ago and looked awful, but they were never subjected to the abuse Madonna's receiving, and like Sharon and Jamie Lee, they didn't upset millions with their controversial opinions - because they didn't have any. lmao. They tick all the right boxes, tow the line and nobody bats an eyelid.

Madonna is disliked for simply being Madonna - the media and GP have already proven this by the way they've spoken about her over the last few decades (before any surgery took place).  The fact she continues to work (adding even bigger stats to her music and tour numbers) instead of withering up in a rocking chair, out of sight from humanity drives them insane. They want other female acts to take over in order to erase all she's ever achieved and stood for, but it'll never happen because history can't be rewritten. She's a trailblazer and incredible woman / artist. The surgery is just another convenient excuse to continue attacking her, and that's all there is to it.

You've nailed it, as per usual! :clap3:

Of course the haters in here (hiding behind the bad surgery excuse) will overlook this post, because it utterly unpicks their flimsy narrative. :rip:

15 minutes ago, Doogle said:

No lies told. People who otherwise preach about ageism and women’s rights/misogyny often think it’s fair game to dog on Madonna. They’ll praise how Shakira/J Lo/Beyoncé/Gwen (formerly) are aging so well because they’re still beautiful but Madonna gets tons of hate. 

I still can’t believe the sheer disrespect people give her especially the audience. People are forgetting she’s the queen of pop and when she dies it’ll be a completely different story 

Exactly, the hypocrisy is cringe worthy at this point.

4 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

And said that she’d rather be dead than be Mariah, calling her brain dead. She made fun of Peggy Lee, trashed Sharon Stone, Joan Collins, Whitney Houston, Geena Davis, Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul, Belinda Carlisle, Lady Gaga…

Madonna has never supported women and wouldn’t be caught dead with someone her own age. She said that no one has her energy. lol. Sandra Bernhard said that Madonna simply doesn’t want a mirror placed in front of her - that’s why she won’t hang around people her own age. 

If Madonna was truly fighting ageism and a rebel, she wouldn’t be destroying her face and body. That’s on her. 

Yes. Let's just list every negative news story (true or not) about Madonna from the last 40 years, whilst completely ignoring all the good and positive.

Such an intelligent way to make a point @Horizon Flame :clap3:

12 minutes ago, MadOnHer said:

Of course the haters in here (hiding behind the bad surgery excuse) will overlook this post, because it utterly unpicks their flimsy narrative. :rip:

Exactly, the hypocrisy is cringe worthy at this point.

Oops, you quoting me has made me realise I accidentally said Madonna isn’t beautiful :rip: 

I meant to say by societies standards 

1 minute ago, Doogle said:

Oops, you quoting me has made me realise I accidentally said Madonna isn’t beautiful :rip: 

I meant to say by societies standards 

:heart2:

1 hour ago, GlamSlam said:

Cher and Dolly went under the knife decades ago and looked awful

You went too far. :gaycat6: 

24 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Whether you think Cher or Dolly Parton look awful or not is subjective. The point is the facial surgery they have both undertaken is extreme, just like Madonna.

However, the difference between them and Madonna is that there isn't anywhere near the volume of screaming that they are "trying to look 25 years old", or that they are refusing to "age gracefully", or worse of all that they are somehow projecting internalized misogyny and ageism!

1 hour ago, Horizon Flame said:

Aaaaw welcome back. It’s been a minute since we’ve seen u with ur usual trashy ugly self. Love da lies u spew. I needed da laugh 

2 hours ago, MadOnHer said:

:heart: TY, you're 100% correct by saying it'll be ignored - either that or they'll deflect with "...but but she was rude about so and so 30 years ago", while acting like some of those women haven't been nasty and rude about others. Mariah's had lots of spats with other women, and is by no means a saint, and neither is Cher. Belinda Carlisle is said to be a nasty piece of work - but we have no evidence of that, just like there's no evidence of MTV claiming Madonna said "I'd rather be dead than be Mariah Carey" or what she supposedly said to MJ about Janet. No evidence at all...DIDDLY SQUAT.  It's just hearsay from people who like to stir the pot, like Kevin Stea who said he heard Madonna trashing Janet from behind a closed door (or whatever). lol. Bearing in mind, this is the same person that said he was a Janet fan first and foremost, and never thought much of Madonna in the first place, and knew nothing about her when he auditioned for the Blond Ambition tour. lol

What we do have is evidence of both Janet and Mariah being rude about Madonna on more than one occasion, and Cher's VICIOUS comments on national TV (again...on more than one occasion). Lady Gaga talking **** about her in her documentary and various interviews (Zane Lowe interview was the worst). Elton attacking her left, right, backwards and forwards over the past decade (like referring to her as a "fairground Stripper" and openly saying she should be shot dead for lip syncing). All we have is her letter calling Whitney "mediocre", and even then it's rather mild compared to what others say about M - if I remember correctly Whitney and Madonna made up and had a mutual respect for each other in their later years, but let's just brush all that aside in favour of something that happened 30 god damn years ago. :bibliahh:

According to her detractors, Madonna doesn't and has never supported women, yet history tells us otherwise.  She's been supporting Britney for almost 20 years, then there's Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Beyonce, Kylie...the list goes on. She even supported Lady Gaga at first. The women who never supports others also sent flowers to Gloria Estefan when she broke her back in the 1990's....around the same time she was supposedly running around trashing everyone. :bibliahh:

and Isn't Madonna friendly with Sharon Stone?

https://globalnews.ca/news/3598628/sharon-stone-responds-to-leaked-madonna-letter-calling-her-mediocre/

"Madonna wouldn't be caught dead with someone her age" and yet  she associates with Debi Mazar and Ingrid Casares, who are a few years younger than she is. Mirwas is 62 and he produced her last album, Madame X, so the narrative she only likes to surround herself with young people is ridiculous. Sandra Bernhard is bitter for obvious reasons and has no right to be criticizing anyone's looks.

Anyway, Society as a whole is the problem, not Madonna.

Edited by GlamSlam

13 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

The same woman who laughed at someone’s rape, stole songs and records for years, and has dissed most of her FEMALE peers (most recently Gaga) is now suddenly the “victim” of misogyny? Please. :priceless:

You forgot also Madonna not only laughing in response to an employee telling her she was raped while on her tour, but putting it in her documentary produced by Harvey Weinstein.

But let's preach about how saying too much plastic surgery is bad is misogynistic. Feminism is only a thing for Madonna when it applies to her.

1 hour ago, vuelve88 said:

But I have never gone on to their IG,Twitter or anywhere else to tell either of them, because that would be bullying. If they want to look like that, then fine. It's their choice. Those who repeatedly run to Madonna's social media to tell her how awful she looks is nothing short of bullying and I'm convinced they're doing it to try and break her.

12 minutes ago, SharonStone said:

You forgot also Madonna not only laughing in response to an employee telling her she was raped while on her tour, but putting it in her documentary produced by Harvey Weinstein.

But let's preach about how saying too much plastic surgery is bad is misogynistic. Feminism is only a thing for Madonna when it applies to her.

How does this cancel out the misogyny and ridicule she has faced for years exactly?

15 hours ago, Scotland said:

Madonna got all those fillers on top of her fresh facelift. That's why she looks weird to the GP.

Get all the fillers dissolved + a new facelift and she's good to go. Like her face here.

44 Madonna Launches Her Signature Fragrance Truth Or Dare By Madonna Photos  and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

People were making fun of her face and hands still during this picture though 

11 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

How does this cancel out the misogyny and ridicule she has faced for years exactly?

Who said anything about canceling it out? Madonna put out the message in her Harvey Weinstein-documentary that when a woman tells her employer she was raped on the job, it's ok to laugh and move on. Even if we give her the benefit of the doubt and say it was a "nervous laugh" (I'm dubious because the employee was heavy-set and Madonna has said fat people absolutely disgust her) the message in the doc is, "lolol ok moving on." She should look at her own misogyny and fat-shaming first, do better, before calling out the rest of the world.

9 minutes ago, SharonStone said:

Who said anything about canceling it out? Madonna put out the message in her Harvey Weinstein-documentary that when a woman tells her employer she was raped on the job, it's ok to laugh and move on. Even if we give her the benefit of the doubt and say it was a "nervous laugh" (I'm dubious because the employee was heavy-set and Madonna has said fat people absolutely disgust her) the message in the doc is, "lolol ok moving on." She should look at her own misogyny and fat-shaming first, do better, before calling out the rest of the world.

Perhaps you should take your own advice!

How is Madonna a fat shaming misogynist?  If she was truly either of those, she wouldn't have given the job to her hairdresser in the first place.

Monsters doing the most, as usual.:skull:

11 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

How is Madonna a fat shaming misogynist?  If she was truly either of those, she wouldn't have given the job to her hairdresser in the first place.

Monsters doing the most, as usual.:skull:

These people are so invested in their hatred that logic doesn't come into it! :laugh:

2 minutes ago, MadOnHer said:

These people are so invested in their hatred that logic doesn't come into it! :laugh:

:rip: So true. I was reading their post and my reaction was like...

Wtf-wtf GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, GlamSlam said:

:rip: So true. I was reading their post and my reaction was like...

Wtf-wtf GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

What @SharonStone and the like are essentially saying is that the misogyny directed at Madonna is fair game, because (in their opinion) she deserves it.

I wonder if they would take the same viewpoint if a problematic POC that they disliked was on the receiving end of racial discrimination... :mandown:

5 hours ago, Leptine said:

The ageism excuse simply doesn't hold at this point.

She is the first that in the last years has photoshopped (or facetuned whatever) her pics on social media in a very unrealistic way, people notice that, she has been the first to be ageist with herself with doing that instead of showing a realistic version of herself, she's a public figure and her imagine has always been a strong feat of her, people are obviously going to comment her drastic imagine change like a case of bad plastic surgery, in the same way of cases like Jocelyn Wildenstein.

Like it has been said already, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michelle Yeoh, Sharon Stone and other women in the same age range of Madonna that have been under the spotlight in the last months for attending events and have been all praised for their looks instead, nobody is mocking them for their physical aspect despite being women in their 60s, simply because they didn't change or ruin their faces with heavy procedures.

Celebrities being criticized for going under strong plastic surgery changes has always been a thing, it's not an exclusive of Madonna.

(The Madonna stans in here that are trying to argue with everybody having a different take on this can avoid to quote me, I'm not even going to bother to read).

You do have a point. The extreme alterations that she's made to her face and body are themselves a direct expression of ageism. She would rather look unrecognizable than look like a woman her age. 

16 hours ago, Scotland said:

Madonna got all those fillers on top of her fresh facelift. That's why she looks weird to the GP.

Get all the fillers dissolved + a new facelift and she's good to go. Like her face here.

44 Madonna Launches Her Signature Fragrance Truth Or Dare By Madonna Photos  and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Fillers can't just be undone like it never happened. Someone who's been injecting fillers for many years will have significant scar tissue throughout their entire face. The point that she is at, I fear there's no coming back from to look totally "normal" again.

4 hours ago, Lover said:

the haters in here doing the

67528091-11734205-Pop_star_Madonna_ditch

as usual :bird:

I adore this. It's almost as if she's saying: "Even though I'm still here, battered and torn, you will never break me". :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.