Madonna can’t win when it comes to her appearance

The Second Coming

26 minutes ago, MadOnHer said:

"Madonna is my hero" :laugh: Funny how I NEVER see you defending her when she is being attacked on this forum, especially when it's by your fellow liddos! 

The rest of your post lacks nuance and completely misses the larger point. Besides, I've already addressed most of it in this thread and in the previous one.

Okay, stopped reading here, have a good day :zzz:

Madonna fans are the most psychotic ever, good lord....

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadOnHer

• GlamSlam

• wanderlust

• Chris

Just now, Mystic Boy said:

Okay, stopped reading here, have a good day :zzz:

Madonna fans are the most psychotic ever, good lord....

Cool. So you're not denying it. :mandown: 

Have a good day yourself :heart:

6 minutes ago, MadOnHer said:

Cool. So you're not denying it. :mandown: 

Have a good day yourself :heart:

And because im not spending my time defending her hysterically like you and your fellow fanatics do then i dont like her and im lying ? 

Im always praising her, and literally been a fan since my childhood but go off....

Mental illness at its finest  :ace:

Edited by Mystic Boy

Just now, Mystic Boy said:

And because im not spending my time defending her hysterically like you and your fellow fanatics do then i dont like her and im lying ? 

Im always praising her, and literally been a fan since my childhood but go off....

Mental illness at its finest  :ace:

So I'm psychotic and have a mental illness... Thank you for the diagnoses, doctor!

Something tells me I must have struck a nerve... :clap3:

1 hour ago, MadOnHer said:

Come on now! Do you REALLY believe that the vast majority of people commenting are merely expressing disapproval that a once beautiful woman has ruined her face? :laugh: Have you actually read some of the comments online (not on ATRL)?

No, these particular people simply HATE Madonna and everything that she stands for. Just like they hate all women that are outspoken and refuse to let themselves appear weak in order to make others (men and woman) feel comfortable.

Exactly. I said pretty much the same. Comparing Madonna to older women like Tina Turner is absurd because none of them were controversial artists with outspoken opinions and beliefs. They simply despise M and have done for years, the surgery is just another (and rather convenient) excuse to use in order to continue bashing her.

1 minute ago, GlamSlam said:

Exactly. I said pretty much the same. Comparing Madonna to older women like Tina Turner is absurd because none of them were controversial artists with outspoken opinions and beliefs. They simply despise M and have done for years, the surgery is just another (and rather convenient) excuse to use in order to continue bashing her.

Precisely. Especially the bolded part! 

It's exactly what the article in the OP from The Independent is saying too, not that most of the people commenting negatively in this thread have likely even read it... :deadbanana2:

the view (who just had dolly, cher, and many other older women on who are notorious for their face work), slagged off madonna. all of the women. so much for lifting women up. you can disagree with her choices, but the press going at her are actually bullying her and probably making her even more insecure. they're setting a very bad example and encouraging others at home to be nasty as well. if these "other smart women" on tv can do it, surely nobodies behind a computer can

also, "ageing gracefully" is such a sexist term. it merely means ageing the way society wants you to age. **** your choices.

I think they WANT to break her. there I sad it. They cant stand that she keeps fighting back and not showing vulnerability 

Just now, wanderlust said:

the view (who just had dolly, cher, and many other older women on who are notorious for their face work), slagged off madonna. all of the women. so much for lifting women up.

Yes, it's rather curious how someone like Dolly Parton, who has had a sh*t ton of surgery, cops little to no flack for it and is practically considered a saint these days.

Oh of course, silly me, it's because HER surgery is well done. I'm sure it's got absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is politically neutral, inoffensive and ultra humble to boot! 

(I love Dolly by the way.)

1 hour ago, MadOnHer said:

Precisely. Especially the bolded part! 

It's exactly what the article in the OP from The Independent is saying too, not that most of the people commenting negatively in this thread have likely even read it... :deadbanana2:

:rip: They would have if it was negative.

4 hours ago, MadOnHer said:

Come on now! Do you REALLY believe that the vast majority of people commenting are merely expressing disapproval that a once beautiful woman has ruined her face? :laugh: Have you actually read some of the comments online (not on ATRL)?

No, these particular people simply HATE Madonna and everything that she stands for. Just like they hate all women that are outspoken and refuse to let themselves appear weak in order to make others (men and woman) feel comfortable.

6 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

I can't believe I actually gave that a view! :rip:  These shows are so facile and dumbed-down.

It’s really sad because even 5 years ago she looked amazing! People have always commented on her looks and I kind of wonder if maybe the criticism has driven her to more extreme procedures. Obviously she’s free to do whatever she wants but even the grill and the hair at the Grammys was… an interesting looks. 

Madonna got all those fillers on top of her fresh facelift. That's why she looks weird to the GP.

Get all the fillers dissolved + a new facelift and she's good to go. Like her face here.

44 Madonna Launches Her Signature Fragrance Truth Or Dare By Madonna Photos  and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

The same woman who laughed at someone’s rape, stole songs and records for years, and has dissed most of her FEMALE peers (most recently Gaga) is now suddenly the “victim” of misogyny? Please. :priceless:

59 minutes ago, Legend ReX said:

stole songs and records for years

Who's songs did she steal?

She seems to be on some "pity me" narrative ever since the tour announcement ,hope it works :giraffe:

On 2/8/2023 at 3:50 PM, Trent W said:

Sadly Madonna was there before and even in her late 30s was already seen as old.

Apparently even in her early 30s the press was calling her old and ran headlines like "calm down grandma!"

1 minute ago, PoisonPill said:

Apparently even in her early 30s the press was calling her old and ran headlines like "calm down grandma!"

In the 90s I think that women after 30 were seen as women after 50 today.

Not justifying how the press treated her back then, but she has always been in the old side in her times, she’s basically a pioneer and she has opened many doors.

In 10-20 years women in their 60s are probably going to look younger and agiesm will be a lot less too.

3 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

The same woman who laughed at someone’s rape, stole songs and records for years, and has dissed most of her FEMALE peers (most recently Gaga) is now suddenly the “victim” of misogyny? Please. :priceless:

do you know anything?

the comments about her appearance were absolutely disgusting.

The ageism excuse simply doesn't hold at this point.

She is the first that in the last years has photoshopped (or facetuned whatever) her pics on social media in a very unrealistic way, people notice that, she has been the first to be ageist with herself with doing that instead of showing a realistic version of herself, she's a public figure and her imagine has always been a strong feat of her, people are obviously going to comment her drastic imagine change like a case of bad plastic surgery, in the same way of cases like Jocelyn Wildenstein.

Like it has been said already, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michelle Yeoh, Sharon Stone and other women in the same age range of Madonna that have been under the spotlight in the last months for attending events and have been all praised for their looks instead, nobody is mocking them for their physical aspect despite being women in their 60s, simply because they didn't change or ruin their faces with heavy procedures.

Celebrities being criticized for going under strong plastic surgery changes has always been a thing, it's not an exclusive of Madonna.

(The Madonna stans in here that are trying to argue with everybody having a different take on this can avoid to quote me, I'm not even going to bother to read).

5 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

Another Monster spewing nonsense as facts. Firstly, she didn't laugh at her hairdressers rape the way you're making out. It was a nervous laugh, and nervous laughter is a defence mechanism subconsciously employed to protect one from feeling overwhelmed with anxiety". Secondly,  Madonna's peers have dissed her too, but does "dissing" a few people warrant all the degradation she's been receiving from millions over the last 40 years? Lastly, Gaga isn't one of her peers, and she didn't diss her either, she called the song reductive, big difference.I guess we just overlook the fact that Gaga dissed Madonna with a string of lies in that Zane Low interview?

What songs did she steal? Honestly, the lies being spun is nothing short of embarrassing, and it needs to stop.

Eh, as far as I'm concerned, the misogyny stemming from shaming women for ageing can be divorced from memes about Madonna's (and other celebs) shitty plastic surgery, they're not the same in my mind and will never be. The former is awful, the latter, I don't care about and I don't think is in the same category as the former.

Edited by Khal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.