Matty Healy from The 1975 under fire for doing the Nazi salute on stage.

Delirious

6 hours ago, WhoWho said:

It's literally just a hand motion.

Here's some pics of other ATRL faves happily doing the "nazi salute". Should we cancel them too?

Yes Mein Kampf, Yes Mein Microphone

Some of y'all are insane :deadbanana2:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• WhoWho

• Rose

• Lemonjuice

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Once again, ATRL doing too much. Some of y'all desperately need to log off for a bit :rip:

3 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Some of you need to go out more often and live your lives :rip: because the fact that y'all want to turn every little aspect into a problem is honestly concerning 

3 hours ago, theflying said:

Christ some of ya’ll are idiots. “Thank you, Kanye, very cool” is a sarcastic line in a song about, among other things, the horrors of police brutality, Trumpism, and destroying the earth. And about hoping we pull through these dark times.

Did y'all see this?

4 hours ago, The Next Day said:

But he's not doing it. Stop saying this. The salute is done with the right arm unless you're handicapped, everything else is not accepted even between Nazis.:dies: It's a dumb joke that he shouldn't have done, but it's not enough to get your blood boil like that.

4 hours ago, WhoWho said:

I knew you would serve INTELLIGENCE once again

Have you seen this?

• ATRL Moderator

It's pretty clear where he stands, the whole song is about how messed up the world is currently.  That verse is a dig at Trump:

"I moved on her like a bitch", excited to be indicted
Unrequited house with seven pools, "Thank you, Kanye, very cool"
The war has been incited, and guess what? You're all invited
And you're famous, modernity has failed us

"I moved on her like a bitch" was from that actual audio of Trump proudly talking about when he sexually assaulted someone. "Thank you Kanye, very cool" was something Trump actually tweeted after Kanye endorsed him.  

All that said, even though his intention was calling people out and not agreeing with it, doing the actual move isn't cute.  

2 minutes ago, theflying said:

I’m Jewish and I think you’re a total idiot 

Ok.

2 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

It's pretty clear where he stands, the whole song is about how messed up the world is currently.  That verse is a dig at Trump:

"I moved on her like a *****", excited to be indicted

"Thank you Kanye, very cool" is from a Trump tweet after Kanye endorsed him.  All that said, even though his intention was calling people out and not agreeing with it, doing the actual move isn't cute.  

Yes you're correct. I just find it very sus however when he posted a screenshot of a list of Jews on his Instagram stories a week ago. What was the reason?

Also that doesn't excuse the little racist joke he made towards Chinese people.

8 hours ago, Delirious said:

Racism against Asians is suddenly ok?

the way this is obviously a joke about being an @sshole. simple comedy 101.

1 minute ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

the way this is obviously a joke about being an @sshole. simple comedy 101.

Ok. Switch the race to another race. Is it still a joke now?

Edited by Delirious

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

Ok. Switch the race to another race. Is it still a joke now?

YES !!!!! Literally YES. Like... Please don't ever fall upon any stand up comedy show because it's such a filler joke :rip:
I can't imagine the amount of emotional breakdowns you'd have watching 10 min of a Joan Rivers set :deadbanana:

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Yes you're correct. I just find it very sus however when he posted a screenshot of a list of Jews on his Instagram stories a week ago. What was the reason?

Also that doesn't excuse the little racist joke he made towards Chinese people.

I'm not sure what that screenshot was about, but he's made it pretty clear where he stands politically and is against anti-semitism (he spoke out when the rapper Wiley tweeted some anti-semitic tweets).

That joke is a bit he does at every show, where he says something and the band cuts him off.....he didn't actually say anything, and wasn't going to.  He could have been about to say "Chinese people...are from China".

Here's a similar thing he did at another show recently:

5 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

YES !!!!! Literally YES. Like... Please don't ever fall upon any stand up comedy show because it's such a filler joke :rip:
I can't imagine the amount of emotional breakdowns you'd have watching 10 min of a Joan Rivers set :deadbanana:

Ok because if he made a joke about black people, he would be cancelled in the speed of light and rightfully so.

6 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

I'm not sure what that screenshot was about, but he's made it pretty clear where he stands politically and is against anti-semitism (he spoke out when the rapper Wiley tweeted some anti-semitic tweets).

That joke is a bit he does at every show, where he says something and the band cuts him off.....he didn't actually say anything, and wasn't going to.  He could have been about to say "Chinese people...are from China".

Here's a similar thing he did at another show recently:

I really hope that's the case because Chile. I just feel like the joke was way too convenient for it not to be about Chinese people  Still like you said, him doing a 'fake' salute was not in good taste and his post about the list of Jews was so sus.

This man must be on some hard drugs because his recent behavior is so erratic, desperate, attention seeking and nonsensical. He needs help and to be de-platformed. I guess they're taking being over pretty hard.

• ATRL Moderator
35 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Did y'all see this?

..... He posted the Wiki thing to point out how dumb it is that the page exists. And the non-salute has been discussed for several pages, which I'm sure you've read.

If you know Matty well, you understand the context of all this and know he's not being antisemitic. The end.

But naturally you—and others—pull a few seconds of a performance and think you know enough to judge his character and his views. Again, get offline for a moment. Go experience life. Go find a real problem and tackle that instead.

Edited by feelslikeadream

7 hours ago, WhoWho said:

It's literally just a hand motion.

Here's some pics of other ATRL faves happily doing the "nazi salute". Should we cancel them too?

spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

2 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

..... He posted the Wiki thing to point out how dumb it is that the page exists. And the non-salute has been discussed for several pages, which I'm sure you've read.

If you know Matty well, you understand the context of all this and know he's not being antisemitic. The end.

But naturally you—and others—pull a few seconds of a performance and think you know enough to judge his characters and his views. Again, get offline for a moment. Go experience life. Go find a real problem and tackle that instead.

Wow suddenly you seem to know the intention behind everything he does. Do you live with him?

Anyways point still stands. Whether it was a non salute or not, replicating it falsely or intention to replicate in anyway shape of form is insensitive as pointed out by many Jews on twitter.

He could've have done something else or not do it at all but he still decided to go the problematic route.

Especially when it was international holocaust remembrance Day. 

53 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

"I moved on her like a *****", excited to be indicted

"I moved on her like a *****" was from that actual audio of Trump proudly talking about when he sexually assaulted someone. "Thank you Kanye, very cool" was something Trump actually tweeted after Kanye endorsed him.  

All that said, even though his intention was calling people out and not agreeing with it, doing the actual move isn't cute.  

Agreed with this post.

He should have just played it safe and not done the motion, but it’s clear where he stands on the issue and the fact of the matter is he’s making a dig at Kanye, nothing else. 

7 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Wow suddenly you seem to know the intention behind everything he does. Do you live with him?

Anyways point still stands. Whether it was a non salute or not, replicating it falsely or intention to replicate in anyway shape of form is insensitive as pointed out by many Jews on twitter.

He could've have done something else or not do it at all but he still decided to go the problematic route.

Especially when it was international holocaust remembrance Day. 

No offense but I can’t imagine going through life only judging things from a very basic face value and purposely ignore all context.  It is beyond obvious that he’s criticizing Kanye, and the IG story you keep reposting for some very odd reason was shared because he finds it weird that a list exists.  I’m not even a fan and it takes 5 minutes of using Google to answer your questions.

Nah this is a reach.

And it's very transparent that the people making a case out of this are simply using antisemitism as a tool to stan war, which far more offensive to me. 

It's a running gag on his tour that he starts saying something offensive and then gets cut off by the band. I'm not even a fan and I know this 

ujnftllosnk11.jpg?auto=webp&s=60d8f7001702b37f3a2ed06baa997f04fa06c7d5 

2 hours ago, Delirious said:

Ok because if he made a joke about black people, he would be cancelled in the speed of light and rightfully so.

That joke literally makes fun of racism but sure. I can't imagine a person being this annoyingly humourless in real life.

Sleep Patrick GIF - Sleep Patrick Spongebob - Discover & Share GIFs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.