Matty Healy from The 1975 under fire for doing the Nazi salute on stage.

Delirious

13 minutes ago, PennywiseTheClown said:

Holding a mic or pointing to the audience is NOT a nazi salute :skull:

What about the rest then

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• WhoWho

• Rose

• Lemonjuice

15 minutes ago, PennywiseTheClown said:

6 minutes ago, OnlyYou said:

💀

1 hour ago, WhoWho said:

It's literally just a hand motion.

Here's some pics of other ATRL faves happily doing the "nazi salute". Should we cancel them too?

spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, Lemonjuice said:

This is not nazi. :rip: 

2 hours ago, The Next Day said:

I dislike him, but the nazi salute is done with the right arm, it's an important distinction.

He literally screamed 'thank you Kanye' though, aka a known 'Nazi'

He also did this like a day before Holocaust remembrance day or on the day. So yea...

4 minutes ago, Delirious said:

He also did this like a day before Holocaust remembrance day or on the day. So yea...

that's literally the original line from the song that was released in 2018, YEARS before Kanye came out as a "known Nazi"

this whole cancellation screams A REACH
Vietnam War ended in 1975, this means that this band supports Soviet Union? 

People defending this... this site is going to the pits.

29 minutes ago, PennywiseTheClown said:

I was like uhm they're not doing the same thing :dies:

7 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

that's literally the original line from the song that was released in 2018, YEARS before Kanye came out as a "known Nazi"

this whole cancellation screams A REACH
Vietnam War ended in 1975, this means that this band supports Soviet Union? 

he randomly does some random hand gesture when he says thank you kanye on the day of the holocaust remembrance...errr...ok?

7 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

People defending this... this site is going to the pits.

Just now, Delirious said:

he randomly does some random hand gesture when he says thank you kanye on the day of the holocaust remembrance...errr...ok?

2 minutes ago, Insanity said:

I was like uhm they're not doing the same thing :dies:

But he's not doing a nazi salute either. The ONLY WAY to do nazi salute is with the right hand

Stop pretending to be dumb please

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_salute
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_salute

Whatever he was doing on stage is in no way related to Nazi's lol

28 minutes ago, Delirious said:

You’re just implying it’s nazi. You created this thread based on your assumptions not on facts. It’s very dangerous to call somebody nazi. I hope you know it. That’s a hard word that shouldnt be used to bash pop stars. Reported the thread so that it can be closed

3 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

You’re just implying it’s nazi. You created this thread based on your assumptions not on facts. It’s very dangerous to call somebody nazi. I hope you know it. That’s a hard word that shouldnt be used to bash pop stars. Reported the thread so that it can be closed

Because it looked like a salute? The timing and the shout out to Kanye makes me look worse, I understand why jews would be upset... if this is what makes your report the thread... you wont last a day on this website :rip:

Edited by Gwendolyn

2 minutes ago, Rose said:

Yes, it is. 

Wrong hand, song written years before Kanye came out as a nazi, he was pointing at the audience

/endthread

7 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

I never said he was a Nazi. Where in the thread did I say he was a Nazi? Can you even read? You're just mad that he's getting cancelled:bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

Wrong hand, song written years before Kanye came out as a nazi, he was pointing at the audience

/endthread

It's obvious what his intention was. Whatever.

People should check out his instagram stories. There's plenty there to be offended by if you want to be offended. 

https://www.instagram.com/trumanblack/

#EllieVoodoo #The1975Cancelled #The1975isAntiSemantic #The1975areRACISTStorwardsChinesePeople

2 minutes ago, Delirious said:

I never said he was a Nazi. Where in the thread did I say he was a Nazi? Can you even read? You're just mad that he's getting cancelled:bibliahh:

Im not mad over somebody i dont even know :rip: you clearly are mad it seems. Stop spreading false news

The gesture can be just a generic way to make a "soldier move".

But with the thank you Kanye or whataver he clearly means to make the nazi salute for some sort of meaning, i don't know what. 

1 minute ago, Lemonjuice said:

Im not mad over somebody i dont even know :rip: you clearly are mad it seems. Stop spreading false news

Wait but I wanna know where I said he was a Nazi.

Where? I would to see it. Don't change the topic. :bibliahh:

I hate The 1975 as much as the next person but he's obviously making fun of Kanye. This is the problem with Tweets like these - they present only surface level information without any background or context. 

Go on genius.com and look up the lyrics of that song RELEASED IN 2018.

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

Wait but I wanna know where I said he was a Nazi.

Where? I would to see it. Don't change the topic. :bibliahh:

You must be playing dumb because that’s what’s all your thread is about. 

He is obviously making a dig at Kanye for being a nazi supporter, y’all are so dumb I stg stop looking for things to be offended by 

This thread backfired so hard that the op is now acting dumb. 

4 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

You must be playing dumb because that’s what’s all your thread is about. 

No?? Matty obviously isn't a Nazi (at least I hope so), but doing the Nazi salute is extremely disrespectful, distasteful and offensive. Even if it was done as a dig towards Kanye, it is still extremely offensive. It's like making a dig at someone who is anti-asian by saying the 'c word' or doing the slant eyes gesture which is obviously not ok. Also doesn't change the fact that he is racist towards Asian people.

3 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

This thread backfired so hard that the op is now acting dumb. 

And yet you still can't seem to answer my question regarding your accusation. Where exactly did I call him a Nazi? That's right I didn't and that's why you're not answering my question.

Edited by Delirious

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.