Chlöe - 'In Pieces'

kyliefever2002

Wow, this album is bad and bland, everything heard 1000 times before.

Is this the girl who dropped Ungodly Hour?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• EarStyle

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

it's cute but hardly memorable. The second half is stronger than the first one. I'll give it a cople of more full spins to form a proper opinion. Who knows it might be a grower

I really need y'all to tell me what you're hearing in Cheat Back that I'm not hearing.

It's verrrrrry basic. I can't believe she chose it as a single over Body Do which is her best song ever.

I like the album, but cant deny that is worse than current rnb albums. example: ella mai is eating her up

i think chloe suffers from trying to be perceived artsy fartsy (which we can see trying too hard to make interludes which werent even good and whole album as some type of story and timeline of relationship) and as sex symbol (which we see in doing sex in acting roles and posting every five seconds thirst trap on soc media). 

i think she would benefit from being content and secure at herself and just doing music that she feels like doing.

i get shes trying to prove something, but having all these roles made her lose herself in the process. i repeat, i like the album, but shortcomings are kinda too obvious, kinda like punch in the face. there is no one song where she went raw and deep. so i dont get this idea i need to be artsy fartsy. she wants to be taken seriously. ok i get it. 

hopefully shell grow out of it and not deliver one more mid album.

i think chloe and halle overall are doing smart things making solo moves. i cant wait to see halle debut as mermaid.

if they have comeback with another quality record they gonna smash even harder.

also complaint on have mercy not being on the album. if i was on her team id make her put it and make even 2 remixes and add instrumental and shorter version.

have mercy is a smasha.

41 minutes ago, Shinning said:

I really need y'all to tell me what you're hearing in Cheat Back that I'm not hearing.

It's verrrrrry basic. I can't believe she chose it as a single over Body Do which is her best song ever.

Yeah I don’t get it

49 minutes ago, Shinning said:

I wasn't really feeling the song at first but now I think it has a pretty nice melody and love the way her voice sounds. It's kinda of like a way better version of 'Nobody Gets Me' by SZA 

2 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

First time I heard it I was like... WTF? But it's really gotta grow on you. I swear. Third-Fourth listen it's really good. 

Agreed! Hated it on first listen, but I've had the album on repeat all day and it's really grown on me!

50 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Can't relate. It's the song I can't get out of my head at all. Absolute highlight of the album.

US Apple Music R&B Top 200

#163 Pray It Away

#139 Body Do

#96 How Does It Feel

3/14 songs charting on Apple Music R&B charts so far

I like Body Do. 

If I didn’t hear any of the other songs ever again I wouldn’t care. Some are cute, some are bad, but none are memorable aside from Body Do.

Yeah, this sounds very much like Ciara's The Evolution Side B but it's still an okay album, honestly I had zero expectations so for me the final result wasn't that bad but it definitely felt a little dull comparing to what we used to expect from her.

Body Do, I Don't Mind and Told Ya are the stars here. Cheatback could've been part of that too if it wasn't for the atrocious Future verse.

25 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

I wasn't really feeling the song at first but now I think it has a pretty nice melody and love the way her voice sounds. It's kinda of like a way better version of 'Nobody Gets Me' by SZA 

It sounds similar but NGM >>

It’s so impressive and sad how bad this album is, I didn’t have high expectations for it cause the singles sound awful to me but, wow, this is even worse than I thought it would be, most of the album is so hollow, basic, generic and lack authenticity, the only songs I liked were I Don’t Mind, Feel Me Cry, Make It Look Easy and Told Ya

I really hope she releases better projects in the future cause the duo projects were soooooooooo superior and she’s so much better than this

The only song that I noticed was Body Do 

This is serving an extremely basic and boring version of mixtape Tinashe. She’s capable of much more.

wish I liked this more than I do

She works much much better with her sister, and it pains me to say that because I think she's such a potentially incredible talent on her own

US Apple Music R&B Top 200, 5pm update

#189 Cheatback

#185 Worried

#165 I Dont Mind

#160 Someone's Calling

#129 Pray It Away

#120 Body Do

#79 How Does It Feel

7/14 songs charting on Apple Music R&B charts so far

Whoever set up that deluxe playlist with the singles did a great job. The songs go very well (besides Have Mercy, it sounds out of place sonically). 

20 minutes ago, Armani? said:

US Apple Music R&B Top 200, 5pm update

#189 Cheatback

#185 Worried

#165 I Dont Mind

#160 Someone's Calling

#129 Pray It Away

#120 Body Do

#79 How Does It Feel

7/14 songs charting on Apple Music R&B charts so far

Where’s the album on the overall chart?

2 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Where’s the album on the overall chart?

12 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Not bad tbh. A top 10 peak sometime this week seems feasible.