Golden Hit: Season 3 📀 Congrats to TruGemini! ✨

fountain

burns

The way the yellow colour is unreadable on the white background :biblionny: like wtf is the point ?? :bibliahh: poor yallow. she just shines too brightly :'(

Edited by sugarshine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Invisibility

17 minutes ago, sugarshine said:

Thank you Aurora and fountain for your reviews! :bird:

The formatting was supposed to be like a sensory experience. Maybe similar to synesthesia? It's like when PEOPLE TYPE IN ALL CAPS PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE ANGRY OR SHOUTING.

Blue is the hottest flame. Then yellow. Then orange. And finally, red is the least hot. In real life. This is scientific - not something I made up :fan:

So when the singer sings

Cause you light up the room

And my spirit burns, burns, burns, burns

Their partner's light or aura in the room is at the hottest flame of blue. And that aura causes the singer's spirit to burn, increasing in intensity. It's like you can feel the flame in their spirit burn hotter and hotter. From red, to orange, to yellow, to blue. The dance beat would also start revving up at the same time.

The white flashes are supposed to bring up like an image of a FLASH! in your mind.

And I'm too tired to explain the other ones nnnnn :skull:

I really wanted that to come across because I feel like it's such a cool 4D experience when reading the lyrics. It's not necessary though. Just something fun and extra for the readers to experience like an amusement park or Avatar 2 type of experience :fan:

I understand that it might have made it more difficult to read though! :heart: I was actually gonna make all the words different colours :oh: but I felt like it would have been too much for your eyes.

The technology is still being developed :wink: so hopefully in a decade or so the formatting experience will translate better :duca:

Oh no I understood the intention, but I wasn’t sure if it was also supposed to suggest that the song would sound different as the colours changed. I guess you answered it here that it would maybe be more intense in those parts? But I wasn’t sure if I was picturing it correctly and found it a bit hard to know if I was reading it as you intended it to be read. However it has no impact on my scoring or enjoyment whatsoever, I just wanted to touch on it since you mentioned it and obviously put effort and time into it! Your mind knows no bounds so I’m sure the technology will advance swiftly. :lakitu:

23 minutes ago, fountain said:

Oh no I understood the intention, but I wasn’t sure if it was also supposed to suggest that the song would sound different as the colours changed. I guess you answered it here that it would maybe be more intense in those parts? But I wasn’t sure if I was picturing it correctly and found it a bit hard to know if I was reading it as you intended it to be read. However it has no impact on my scoring or enjoyment whatsoever, I just wanted to touch on it since you mentioned it and obviously put effort and time into it! Your mind knows no bounds so I’m sure the technology will advance swiftly. :lakitu:

Ahhh okay! :rofl:

Yeah, the formatted parts would sound a little different. Like "cyborgs" would have a more robotic/futuristic sound and "Looney Tunes" would sound more nasal and like a cartoon theme song.

Not me creating advanced technology that might not exist yet :jonny3: my Bionic "ahead of its time" era has officially commenced. :gaygacat5:

I think the way I hear my song, as the one who wrote it, doesn't always translate over to the readers in the way I envision and how I experience it in a different way compared to fresh eyes so that makes sense.

Like I already got the production, music video, live performances of my song playing in my head and all the little details that y'all wouldn't know unless I told you, my mind has been IN this song this past week :deadbanana2: so it's definitely a different perspective.

Edited by sugarshine

28rQYW2zTcztbxhuNxzJsyIuslx_yUqBrWNEstyqS3_nfzS9yB4VOOOYZt_XkbS4AxXzNUVqRpia33nG_Vxlh-miIw0EWysyhg-ACUS7y0yiTZp3hAFvuV0uporQ6ThBdhDR5EZegTmfQ9lcY3p8z1c

Round 4: Valentine’s, Part 2

@JoeAg - When I Took Him to the Park and We Kissed in the Humid Dark

Oh this… this is the serve. I fear this is going to be a controversial statement amongst the judges… but I think this might be my favourite entry of yours all season. You’ve delivered great song after great song, but this one truly feels like something fresh from you. I love your poetic language and way with words, but the way this song goes in a more carnal and raw direction is so satisfying to me. It fits perfectly with the theme for this round and feels like a very refreshing side of your writing. It has a very direct and diary entry-like quality to it, and I found that to be very vivid and easy to connect with, hanging on to every line and wanting to hear more about these loving encounters and your experiences. I really thought it was such a great, confessional and slightly nostalgic/reminiscent song and you totally pulled me into it. And, like I said, this is fighting to be your favourite of the season for me so far! I’d have to studiously look over each song in comparison to be certain, but I definitely don’t have to do that to know that I seriously enjoyed this song. Great job!

@Euterpe - Is love enough?

This is a really engaging and sweet song. I love this narrative that you have gone for here of the astronaut and the lover left on Earth, and the questioning of how that may impact their love forms a fantastic basis for a song. I just found it a thoroughly engaging and compelling subject matter and it’s a great interpretation of the theme this round. Lyrically your song is well written as always, and it asks all the right questions and contemplates all the emotions that would accompany such a situation really well. One thing I think I can compliment and point out about your writing now that seems to be a common thing is that they are always so easy to read, now that might not seem like much of a praise at first but often we can get songs where it seems to message gets lost at times, the lyrics and their intention can be somewhat muddled, but for you it feels that your writing is always succinct and gets its point across very clearly, which is a testament to your overall writing skill. You mentioned in your submission that you don’t really think this is your season, but I think you are doing great and consistently delivering high quality entries that we have come to expect from you! And this season alone you’ve had some really great entries and taken us far already, from the bottom of the ocean to the moon, and even the end of the world. As consistent as your entries are, so is your self deprecation, but believe me when I say you are fantastic and absolutely one of the most reliable writers when it comes to delivering, and it’s been that way through each season. So thank you for that, it doesn’t go unnoticed, and I hope you can feel more content with your next submissions. 

@Prisoner - Rivers Flow to You

Very happy to see you join again… and with a great entry no less!

So… you described this as a messed up love letter… but am I wrong for finding this really cute? Asdfghjkl it makes me question if I am understanding this correctly, but to me my take away was that this is a really sweet song about believing that all of life’s trials and tribulations, all the mistakes and the misfortune, are worth it to end up in a place of happiness and content. To me it was a really lovely message and a really great interpretation of the challenge that to end up in true love with somebody is worth going through all the heartbreak/failed endeavours along the way, just to end up finally with that right person, because maybe if you didn’t go through all the rest of it then maybe you wouldn’t have ended up with this person. It’s a great narrative and I think you delivered it really well through this song. The closing lyric itself really cements everything for me, “I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat, if that is the only way we could ever meet”. So charming and well written, great job!

@DatChickDoe - Because of You

I thank you for submitting despite the setbacks! Now, I know you said you are gunning for a trinity of last place in the rankings, but I fear I enjoyed reading this song. This is honestly probably the more pure and unadulterated love song here, it’s a very straightforward and simple take on the challenge however there’s nothing wrong with that at all. This is a love song to a tee, and I don’t think there is anything to fault about it at all. The emotion and the sentiment is strong throughout, and the proclamation that through love you “I am a better woman, because of you” is just so absolutely cute, endearing and beautiful. It’s simple, but still beautiful. We see a lot of grand and unique concepts, but sometimes it’s the down to earth stuff that can hit the hardest too! If it’s not broken then don’t fix it, right? All of this is to say, even if you struggled this round I think what you’ve delivered here is a really lovely and just endearing pure love song that I think is strong in sentiment and appeal. Good job!

@TruGemini - Indecisive 

I’m really glad you managed to get something in because you’ve been doing so stellar this season and like you said, it’d be a shame to tank your average with a non submission. Since it’s last minute I can’t expect it to be your very best, and you’d probably agree that it isn’t, but I usually like to focus more on what a song is rather than what it isn’t. What is great here is the rap verse, especially the one after the first chorus, which as always is so well written and so smooth that it simply just jumps off the page and connects immediately. Your flow is untouched in this game. I think what let down the song more is the chorus and subsequent parts, honestly just due to the fact that I don’t think they show off your writing skills as much as your rap sections do. In your raps you always just hit us with line after line of hard hitting punchlines that come together and just work so well, and when you go from really impressively written sections like that to a chorus which feels, for lack of a better word, more basic (as in simplistic, or repetitive), it kinda gets anticlimactic and I think in the case of this song it cuts the momentum that builds during those impressive rap verses. I do think they make sense strictly from a songwriting perspective in terms of the listening experience, as to be catchy and offer an easy hook for the song, but looking at it strictly from the lyrical side I do think they tend to be the weaker aspect of your songs, or rather the element that has the most room for growth. I think my piece of advice moving forward would be to be very intentional with your choruses moving forward, we know and we see every round how fantastic and memorable your verses are, and I think if you could balance out the excitement and energy of those verses with the choruses that follow too, then you are looking at perfection. I’d say ultimately maybe try and experiment a little more or venture out with your choruses a bit, I know you very often write to instrumental and have mentioned it can sometimes be hard not to, but I would love to see you try and just see what you can do to really pump up your choruses to the point that they could maybe even be more impressive than your verses! 

2 hours ago, fountain said:

@Invisibility - Aluminium Sweat

This is an unexpected but entertaining entry. I can certainly say I didn’t anticipate any concept like this for this challenge. When we come up with the challenges, it’s hard to know what to anticipate, but we’re always hopeful that it can inspire some creative interpretations. But I can say, you continually surprise. When coming up with the water challenge I never would have expected it to be taken in the direction of amniotic fluid, for this round I never would have expected it to be taken in the direction of AI sex bots, but it is so satisfying to see. These creative and outside of the box interpretations that you serve are a favourite part of your entries for me, and that’s not to say that you can only continue down this path and shouldn’t serve something more down to earth if you wish, but rather a commendation for your creativity. With this song, I found the concept really fitting for the round but also really interesting; I love sci fi/futuristic speculation and the idea of these bots serves as a great basis for a song. My favourite part here was definitely the rap, which is really well written while keeping a lot of wit and humour to it; I mean “mechanical, rhythmic, the velocity you thrust in, your systems and your body are the only ones I’ll trust in”? Come on! I will say though on the flip side, some of the verses - specifically the first two - lack a sort of lyrical quality to them for me, they are really quite straightforward, and I don’t think that is necessary bad in a general sense, but rather in the case of this song where the concept is very out there I do thing this set up probably could’ve been written in a more interesting way. But, overall, this is a really enjoyable and unique entry, and another addition to the great collection of songs you’ve written this season. 

A stanning today. Thanks for the advice on the rest of the song; it is definitely true that I put most effort on that verse and the others came to me rather quickly; them being straightforward was intentional, but I did struggle to come up with a second verse that was convincing to me. I'll take that into account to make my songs more streamlined when I want to take a different approach like this round 

2 hours ago, sugarshine said:

Thank you Aurora and fountain for your reviews! :bird:

The formatting was supposed to be like a sensory experience. Maybe similar to synesthesia? It's like when PEOPLE TYPE IN ALL CAPS PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE ANGRY OR SHOUTING.

Blue is the hottest flame. Then yellow. Then orange. And finally, red is the least hot. In real life. This is scientific - not something I made up :fan:

So when the singer sings

Cause you light up the room

And my spirit burns, burns, burns, burns

Their partner's light or aura in the room is at the hottest flame of blue. And that aura causes the singer's spirit to burn, increasing in intensity. It's like you can feel the flame in their spirit burn hotter and hotter. From red, to orange, to yellow, to blue. The dance beat would also start revving up at the same time.

The white flashes are supposed to bring up like an image of a FLASH! in your mind.

And I'm too tired to explain the other ones nnnnn :skull:

I really wanted that to come across because I feel like it's such a cool 4D experience when reading the lyrics. It's not necessary though. Just something fun and extra for the readers to experience like an amusement park or Avatar 2 type of experience :fan:

I understand that it might have made it more difficult to read though! :heart: I was actually gonna make all the words different colours :oh: but I felt like it would have been too much for your eyes.

The technology is still being developed :wink: so hopefully in a decade or so the formatting experience will translate better :duca:

I think it's wonderful you've put so much care and detail into it, I really do. It makes sense and serves a purpose too. It was just really late and it was genuinely giving me eye strain. :skull: Like I said, I didn't dock points or anything, but formatting and stuff rarely impacts scores (positively or negatively) too much anyway. Lyrically, your song was still strong as hell and wasn't reliant on fancy formatting to make it good, so all's well that ends well.

56 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I think it's wonderful you've put so much care and detail into it, I really do. It makes sense and serves a purpose too. It was really late and it was genuinely giving me eye strain. :skull: Like I said, I didn't dock points or anything, but formatting and stuff rarely impacts scores (positively or negatively) too much anyway. Lyrically, your song was still strong as hell and wasn't reliant on fancy formatting to make it good, so all's well that ends well.

thank you :heart2:

i wanted to make things a little more interesting so i definitely like to play around with aspects outside of the lyrics and give a rollercoaster cardboard vr experience :fan:

oof I get it gw0rl. the neon colours were stinging my eyes too while formatting it :ahh:

I've been dealing with eye issues and sleep debt recently so I totallyyy understand :) whew, lawd hear our prayer. you better cover our eyes with protective sealant goddamiT where the miracle holy fluoride water eyedrops at looool

the way i was like ooh let me give the gays what they want and splattered harsh rainbow neon on a black background. but hey? Art. better than those squiggles that get auctioned off for millions of $, rite? :fan:

yessss i give theatrics and aesthetics WITH substance and talent. im not just a lewk qween, i just like to lewk good when i SCALP :msmarvel: :gaycat5:

Edited by sugarshine

Who is ready for some results? :cupid:

While we are awaiting results to begin, we have a special performance from the very talented Ava Max, promoting her poptimistic new album "Diamonds & Dancefloors":

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

Welcome, welcome, welcome. Happy Golden Hits, and may the odds be ever in your favour.

This was another polarising round: some of us absolutely loved this round, while One of Us did not!

We once again saw some of our largest ranges in scores and rankings in Golden Hit thus far. :matty:

From here on out until the Finale Results Show, no scores will be shared alongside your ranking!

@worldwide angel@Julia Fox@Invisibility@Legend E@beatinglikeadrum

@sugarshine@JoeAg@Euterpe@Prisoner@DatChickDoe@TruGemini

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

Starting us off at #11 this round is a writer whose lack of confidence was the true drawback of their entry. Believe in yourself! :heart2:

@beatinglikeadrum with their song “S&M”

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

At #10 this round for the first time since R1 is another writer who has been serving consistency, despite a last-minute submission.

@DatChickDoe with their song “Because of You”

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

At #9 this round, we have a writer that essentially just submitted not to tank their average. Congrats on getting another Top 10 hit out of it!

@TruGemini with their song “Indecisive”

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

At #8 this round, we have a writer who wrote about lost love and finding happiness without having to move on.

@Legend E with their song “Happy Valentine's Day, My Love”

9 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

Starting us off at #11 this round is a writer whose lack of confidence was the true drawback of their entry. Believe in yourself! :heart2:

@beatinglikeadrum with their song “S&M”

7 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

At #10 this round for the first time since R1 is another writer who has been serving consistency, despite a last-minute submission.

@DatChickDoe with their song “Because of You”

6 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

At #9 this round, we have a writer that essentially just submitted not to tank their average. Congrats on getting another Top 10 hit out of it!

@TruGemini with their song “Indecisive”

I kinda have the same thing to say to each of these entries because I think similar things happened… you’re all GREAT writers and we’ve seen that demonstrated in your entries across the seasons, so it’s a shame this round didn’t seem to work out for you for whatever reason (timing, inspiration, etc.) but I definitely need to thank you for submitting regardless and powering through it. :heart:

5 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

At #8 this round, we have a writer who wrote about lost love and finding happiness without having to move on.

@Legend E with their song “Happy Valentine's Day, My Love”

Legend indeed, such a bittersweet song. Always a consistent server :clap3:

Eaux wow, the intrigue of really coming to terms that we're not seeing averages from here on out :jonny:

Fingers crossed I can be a top 5 hit tonight

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

Since everyone is clearly still out having a lovely Valentine's Day dinner with their loved ones and not present for the results, let's do the rest in one go!

At #7 we have a writer who has already snatched plenty of Hit Tokens and proven themselves to be a major force in this tournament.

@worldwide angel with their song “easy for me”

At #6 we have another writer who has made a very STRONG impression this season, and is definitely still one to watch in the coming rounds.

@Invisibility with their song “Aluminium Sweat”

At #5 we have yet another writer who has dominated this tournament in the early rounds... why are all of y'all so good? Congrats to...

@JoeAg with their song “When I Took Him to the Park and We Kissed in the Humid Dark”

At #4 we have a returning player from the original Golden Hit: Season 1 tournament! Yes, they've finally been released. :heart:

@Prisoner with their song “Rivers Flow To You”

At #3 we have another consistent slayer. No stranger to Golden Hit or Hit Tokens, this is their first of Season 3! Well done to...

@Euterpe with their song “Is love enough?”

At #2 we have an amazing talent, a writer that as soon as we saw their potential we knew we were in for a treat. A very big congratulations to...

@sugarshine with their song “Love Across the Universes” 

Which of course means at #1, winning this round is a writer earning their first major Hit Token in three seasons of Golden Hit. Love this for you!

@Julia Fox with their song “Consuelo”

Only the largest of congratulations for you, Miss Muse. :heart: You've worked SO hard throughout three seasons of this tournament, always wearing your heart on your sleeve and everything aligned for you this round. This was such a special song and moment and memory you will always cherish. This was art.

Omg i didn’t expected to win this episode at all! TYSM :WAP: the way this is my first top 3 and my first win tho omg :cries: 

So deserved and so happy for you @Julia Fox, a moment three seasons in the making :jonny5: 

such a beautiful song that will absolutely go down as one of the Golden Hit greats, you should be very proud :clap3:

:heart2:

12 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

Top 3? How oh wow. :deadbanana4:

Also, congrats @Julia Fox!

(And thanks for my reviews judges! Forgot to say.)

Omg you will finally get your sleeping beauty token

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, fountain said:

Omg you will finally get your sleeping beauty token

spacer.png

Belle, Ariel, and now Aurora. Making my way. :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.