Kelela - 'Raven'

Darkseid

ALBUM OF THE YEAR :jonny3:

my ranking a month later:

Contact > Sorbet > Raven/Bruises > On The Run > Enough For Love > Washed Away > Closure > Divorce > Missed Call > Happy Ending > Let It Go > Far Away > Fooley > Holier

Missed Call is a smash hit waiting to happen, it reminds me of Cardi's I Like It in a way

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice Cream Skies

• theblackestday

• est. in 90s

• Contessa

I listened to this album for the first time a few weeks back and it was such a disappointment compared to her debut, which is a masterpiece. However, I listened to it again in a different environment and was also under the influence of marijuana*, and this finally CLICKED. Kelela seriously doesn’t miss :giraffe: It’s so meditative and atmospheric; very elegant, avant-garde electronic music at its finest! :wanda:I felt like I was in a different dimension while listening to it.

Edited by Kh-Loud

I think this is my favorite release of hers but I had to stop listening to it because Closure had me texting an ex lover of mine begging to be loved only to be left on read

every time I listen to raven-bruises that transition is flawless. she truly topped this game because I can't recall seeing something like this before.

4 hours ago, theweekend said:

every time I listen to raven-bruises that transition is flawless. she truly topped this game because I can't recall seeing something like this before.

That transition is so good that I never play Raven and Bruises separate anymore. They're like a single song for me.

2 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

That transition is so good that I never play Raven and Bruises separate anymore. They're like a single song for me.

this

also why does she sounds like god in the final minute of Sorbet? like I just can't the vocals the melody everything about it is so heavenly

• ATRL Moderator

Did she post new tour dates?

• ATRL Moderator

Bruises is one of my most played songs of the year :jonny: The transition with Raven is fantastic too

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know when the remixes album is coming? she serves and lately I've been addicted to the hallucinogen remixes.

1 hour ago, theweekend said:

does anyone know when the remixes album is coming? she serves and lately I've been addicted to the hallucinogen remixes.

I’d be surprised if it were soon. Maybe early next year.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:10 PM, collin said:

I’d be surprised if it were soon. Maybe early next year.

I hope it goes otherwise since the album was ready in 2021 she had 2022 to work on it, but knowing her... it's very unlikely.

saw her tonight in brooklyn and she premiered sorbet live :jonny5: it was incredible

just got home from seeing her in london........

all the way down live.............. sorbet live....... the kaytranada waiting remix live................... shes really MOTHER like shes THE ONE.... WHEW

Ahhhhh im about to see her in berlin :jonnycat:

Saw her in Berlin yesterday and… WOW. These songs worked so well in a live setting and she is just mesmerizing to watch perform.

On 4/8/2023 at 3:08 AM, fossora said:

Ahhhhh im about to see her in berlin :jonnycat:

hope you had just as much fun :jonny5:

• 1 month later...

i cant stop coming back to this album. immaculate production, so subtle yet embracing. i fear she made a classic :gaygacat6:

Haven’t listened in a bit let me give her another whirl, I feel like everytime I listen a new song stands out to me 

Contact has to be one of the best singles released this year so far. It's def sitting comfortably inside my top 10. :jonnycat:

• 4 weeks later...

I overplayed the singles but I sense now is time to start spamming the slower bass-y tracks

And this still has not been topped this year

• 3 weeks later...

It is free to see her in NYC next weekend :ohwow: because it is a free summer music festival in Brooklyn's Prospect park. No brainer!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue Jeans said:

It is free to see her in NYC next weekend :ohwow: because it is a free summer music festival in Brooklyn's Prospect park. No brainer!

everyone in NYC should go!