PSMvWZV.jpg?1

wOr3XKv.jpg?1

Booklet:

Hide contents

14P8XBP.jpg?1

LTaT8aX.jpg?1

eJFtcgM.jpg?1

3qs5b1k.jpg

Yessss *****. So happy for you it looks amazing! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

Y'all better stream it non-stop from Friday

Yes we all need to be spreading the word. The quality will do the rest!

39 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

MY CD ARRIVED!

Enjoy the pictures!

Cover (front & back):

Reveal hidden contents

WvMdUwa.jpg

iTliM5F.jpg

CD & inside:

Reveal hidden contents

PSMvWZV.jpg?1

wOr3XKv.jpg?1

Booklet:

Reveal hidden contents

14P8XBP.jpg?1

LTaT8aX.jpg?1

eJFtcgM.jpg?1

3qs5b1k.jpg

Looks so pretty:jonny5:enjoy :heart:

3 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

Y'all better stream it non-stop from Friday

I will, friday can't come soon enough:WAP:

• Like 1

So glad they did something right with CD designs this time after High Road being so boring :clap3:

The new song is awful, it sounds like Tonight mixed with Raising Hell :rip:

1 hour ago, TomTom2288 said:

MY CD ARRIVED!

Enjoy the pictures!

Cover (front & back):

Hide contents

WvMdUwa.jpg

iTliM5F.jpg

CD & inside:

Hide contents

PSMvWZV.jpg?1

wOr3XKv.jpg?1

Booklet:

Hide contents

14P8XBP.jpg?1

LTaT8aX.jpg?1

eJFtcgM.jpg?1

3qs5b1k.jpg

Ahhhh it's beautiful but I'm disappointed it's a digi-sleeve cause Amazon specifically says it's a jewel box ???

6 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

no

I saw that Genius has the lyrics of all the songs from the album that's why i thought it leaked :dancehall:

28 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

I saw that Genius has the lyrics of all the songs from the album that's why i thought it leaked :dancehall:

There was a lyric pdf on the website that had them all!

Okay guys, I‘m done listening!

Track reviews of the new songs (after two listens):

Spoiler

Something To Believe In:

The intro of this song is the instrumental of the one teaser Kesha posted of her standing below the cloudless sky. The verse is the strongest part of the song as well as the instrumental throughout the song, it consists of very noticeable percussion elements.

I don’t think this song has that much replay value for me simply because the chorus is quite repetitive, but the production is very captivating and I think it serves its purpose as opening track very well in terms of showcasing the mood of the album.

The last three lines are an outro spoken by a distorted male voice that is kinda mysterious.

Living In My Head:

A very heart-wrenching ballad and probably the “heaviest“ song she released so far, it almost sounds like a dirge at times.

The song is totally stripped-back/acoustic and the ending is the best part of the song.

All I Need Is You:

There is a spoken intro by a male voice with an accent (could be a sample) which is not part of the official lyrics.

The song is an amazing ballad that is just as acoustic/stripped-back as the previous song. Kesha‘s head voice probably has never shined more in any song she released than here and there is a heavenly background choir. Gave me chills.

The Drama:

Listening to this song is quite literally an experience, it sounds unlike anything Kesha released before and unlike anything I have heard before.

It‘s not far-fetched to say this is Kesha‘s Bohemian Rhapsody because the song switches up multiple times and consists of multiple different elements which makes it the most interesting song on the record composition-wise. It starts very low-key and then turns into somewhat of a bop. The last verse is hilarious and the best part of the song.

Ram Dass Interlude:

No vocals on this song, just a spoken intro by Ram Dass. It basically starts as some sort of meditation instruction and then abruptly turns very “dark“ at the end which probably sums up the mood of the album very well. I think it fits better on the album than Only Love Reprise.

Too Far Gone:

While lyrically beautiful, this song is more of a conventional ballad and does not really stand out that much to me compared to the other ballads on the album because the melody and structure are not very interesting. The background choir is the best part of the song.

Peace & Quiet:

A massive bop and the best song on the album. There are synths and electronic elements all over this song which makes it sound like a tribute to Ke$ha - an improved version of Kinky, but still fresh and different. Despite being radically different from the rest of the album, it perfectly fits on the album.

Only Love Reprise:

Begins with Kesha‘s niece speaking with a vocal effect over a flute (?) instrumental or a similar instrument and ends with Kesha and a male choir singing an acoustic version of the OLCSUN chorus. Not bad, but I‘m not quite sure what purpose this serves on the album.

Hate Me Harder:

This version is actually more similar to the demo than one would anticipate. Only the beginning is different because there is a piano playing and the instruments from the demo are lacking in the chorus. However, it’s basically the same song vocally and everyone who liked the demo will definitely like this version too.

Happy:

There is again a short spoken intro by a male voice that’s not included in the lyrics. The best way to describe this song is probably a sad b-side of Cowboy Blues. Again a very stripped-back acoustic song with a simple guitar instrumental, yet strong vocals from Kesha.

Impression of the album as a whole:

Spoiler

The most remarkable aspect of this album is that it feels most like an album among all her albums. This is definitely a body of work and not simply a collection of songs or a conceptual clash like High Road. I‘d argue it’s more radical than Rainbow in that regard, sacrificing versatility in favor of coherence and cohesiveness.

The most noticeable example of this are the song transitions which perfectly flow into and complement each other. The press release that labeled the album a “stream of consciousness“ is totally accurate because sometimes it’s even hard to figure out when one song ends and another one begins.

Excluding interludes, half the album consists of ballads, so this is definitely her “heaviest“ album to date. The few upbeat elements (OLCSUN, P&Q and to a lesser extent The Drama) are slightly softening a rather heavy core - departing from Rainbow which had its fair share of pop songs despite the serious nature of the album.

Overall, an amazing album.

My preliminary ranking (after two listens):

Spoiler

Top tier:

1. Peace & Quiet

2. All I Need Is You

3. Only Love Can Save Us Now

Excellent tier:

4. The Drama

5. Living In My Head

6. Hate Me Harder

7. Happy

Good tier:

8. Something To Believe In 

9. Fine Line

10. Eat The Acid

Average tier:

11. Too Far Gone

Interludes:

12. Ram Dass Interlude

13. Only Love Reprise

Edited by TomTom2288
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Okay guys, I‘m done listening!

Track reviews of the new songs (after two listens):

Hide contents

Something To Believe In:

The intro of this song is the instrumental of the one teaser Kesha posted of her standing below the cloudless sky. The verse is the strongest part of the song as well as the instrumental throughout the song, it consists of very noticeable percussion elements.

I don’t think this song has that much replay value for me simply because the chorus is quite repetitive, but the production is very captivating and I think it serves its purpose as opening track very well in terms of showcasing the mood of the album.

The last three lines are an outro spoken by a distorted male voice that is kinda mysterious.

Living In My Head:

A very heart-wrenching ballad and probably the “heaviest“ song she released so far, it almost sounds like a dirge at times.

The song is totally stripped-back/acoustic and the ending is the best part of the song.

All I Need Is You:

There is a spoken intro by a male voice with an accent (could be a sample) which is not part of the official lyrics.

The song is an amazing ballad that is just as acoustic/stripped-back as the previous song. Kesha‘s head voice probably has never shined more in any song she released than here and there is a heavenly background choir. Gave me chills.

The Drama:

Listening to this song is quite literally an experience, it sounds unlike anything Kesha released before and unlike anything I have heard before.

It‘s not far-fetched to say this is Kesha‘s Bohemian Rhapsody because the song switches up multiple times and consists of multiple different elements which makes it the most interesting song on the record composition-wise. It starts very low-key and then turns into somewhat of a bop. The last verse is hilarious and the best part of the song.

Ram Dass Interlude:

No vocals on this song, just a spoken intro by Ram Dass. It basically starts as some sort of meditation instruction and then abruptly turns very “dark“ at the end which probably sums up the mood of the album very well. I think it fits better on the album than Only Love Reprise.

Too Far Gone:

While lyrically beautiful, this song is more of a conventional ballad and does not really stand out that much to me compared to the other ballads on the album because the melody and structure are not very interesting. The background choir is the best part of the song.

Peace & Quiet:

A massive bop and the best song on the album. There are synths and electronic elements all over this song which makes it sound like a tribute to Ke$ha - an improved version of Kinky, but still fresh and different. Despite being radically different from the rest of the album, it perfectly fits on the album.

Only Love Reprise:

Begins with Kesha‘s niece speaking with a vocal effect over a flute (?) instrumental or a similar instrument and ends with Kesha and a male choir singing an acoustic version of the OLCSUN chorus. Not bad, but I‘m not quite sure what purpose this serves on the album.

Hate Me Harder:

This version is actually more similar to the demo than one would anticipate. Only the beginning is different because there is a piano playing and the instruments from the demo are lacking in the chorus. However, it’s basically the same song vocally and everyone who liked the demo will definitely like this version too.

Happy:

There is again a short spoken intro by a male voice that’s not included in the lyrics. The best way to describe this song is probably a sad b-side of Cowboy Blues. Again a very stripped-back acoustic song with a simple guitar instrumental, yet strong vocals from Kesha.

Impression of the album as a whole:

Hide contents

The most remarkable aspect of this album is that it feels most like an album among all her albums. This is definitely a body of work and not simply a collection of songs or a conceptual clash like High Road. I‘d argue it’s more radical than Rainbow in that regard, sacrificing versatility in favor of coherence and cohesiveness.

The most noticeable example of this are the song transitions which perfectly flow into and complement each other. The press release that labeled the album a “stream of consciousness“ is totally accurate because sometimes it’s even hard to figure out when one song ends and another one begins.

Excluding interludes, half the album consists of ballads, so this is definitely her “heaviest“ album to date. The few upbeat elements (OLCSUN, P&Q and to a lesser extent The Drama) are slightly softening a rather heavy core - departing from Rainbow which had its fair share of pop songs despite the serious nature of the album.

Overall, an amazing album.

My preliminary ranking (after two listens):

Hide contents

Top tier:

1. Peace & Quiet

2. All I Need Is You

3. Only Love Can Save Us Now

Excellent tier:

4. The Drama

5. Living In My Head

6. Hate Me Harder

7. Happy

Good tier:

8. Something To Believe In 

9. Fine Line

10. Eat The Acid

Average tier:

11. Too Far Gone

Interludes:

12. Ram Dass Interlude

13. Only Love Reprise

Thank you king! Glad you liked it. Serving taste too. 

• Like 1

Thanks Tom for sharing! Now I guess Peace & Quiet is my most anticipated song  atm.

Just 1 day to go, so excited :duca:

• Like 1

Getting ready for my Friday streaming party :giraffe:

• Like 1

i didn't listen to any single yet .... waiting to get a full experience but sure it's going to be better than high road

2 minutes ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

Has it leaked yet? And now? 

and now?

no stop asking

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

no stop asking

Ok sry :(