• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

7 hours ago, zasderfght said:

detested High Road to give it another listen. You might be surprised how much you like it listening to it now. 

It’s honesty shocking to go from Rainbow to High road. Massive downgrade in quality. 

I thought Kesha finally found her way but i can’t even finish HR. I can say it has such amazing stand out tracks but it’s bury under generic non sense & desperation. 

It honesty feels like she was trying to please her cannibal stans & her Rainbow stans in the same album. That can’t work. 

46 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

gahhhh can’t wait :wanda: tbh the demo of HMH has grown on me a bitttt

Her vocals on the final version are so powerful 

2 hours ago, CroNich said:

It doesn’t didn’t come across like an acoustic/stripped back album. Some songs have parts that are really stripped back mixed with parts that are more produced.

I know you only heard the songs once, but could you tell if the vocals on the other songs are the same “lo-fi” quality as ETA/ Fine Line or do they sound more polished? 

4 hours ago, AnonnonA said:

I know you only heard the songs once, but could you tell if the vocals on the other songs are the same “lo-fi” quality as ETA/ Fine Line or do they sound more polished? 

No definitely not. I mean tbh I consider the vocals on fine line good quality they’re just more spoken word but I promise you will be getting some clean crisp stellar vocals throughout the album that aren’t just spoken word. Some of the vocal layering throughout the songs gave me chills. Like I said it’s crazy to think this is the same artist that released high road. But I would say eta has the most shaky mixing on the album.

But also I didn’t listen to the album with headphones so can’t say for certain but even through the speaker you could tell eta was the weakest mastering wise 

20 hours ago, cyberpunkgoth said:

high road peak at #7 iirc 

so it's not impossible 

She was doing performances, had Taylor's promo for My Own Dance and the Ke$ha feature so I think that's why

EJ8sbkVU0AALsou.jpg 

16 minutes ago, HRHCOLLECTION said:

She was doing performances, had Taylor's promo for My Own Dance and the Ke$ha feature so I think that's why

EJ8sbkVU0AALsou.jpg 

But also raising hell was a flop wasn’t well received and didn’t build any hype. I truly would find it hard to believe an album as high quality as gag order would completely flop.

1 minute ago, CroNich said:

But also raising hell was a flop wasn’t well received and didn’t build any hype. I truly would find it hard to believe an album as high quality as gag order would completely flop.

The singles numbers on all platforms are abysmal, Raising Hell did some cute numbers at least, just based on that I really don't expect the album to hit top 40. But like I said, that's okay, she's clearly not aiming for commercial success. 

2 minutes ago, josesuxx said:

The singles numbers on all platforms are abysmal, Raising Hell did some cute numbers at least, just based on that I really don't expect the album to hit top 40. But like I said, that's okay, she's clearly not aiming for commercial success. 

But these songs weren’t released to chart well. If she wanted a chance at charting she would’ve released literally any other song on the album. I think eta/fine like were released to demonstrate this album is not your typical pop album. Like I’ve said before there are multiple songs on the album y’all haven’t heard that could be hits if lightning was to strike at the right time.

Weird comparison, but Gag Order will probably serve Norman ******* Rockwell!

The quality, acclaim and word of mouth will make it one of her most successful albums

Not necessarily a first-week thing

I feel like they're saving all the promo for release week so they maximise the impact. She's clearly been shooting a lot of content that we still haven't seen. 

Looks like finally a Kesha album after Warrior that I will like :duca: Acid is already one of my fav songs of this year, can't wait to hear the rest

4 minutes ago, Kevin Parker said:

Weird comparison, but Gag Order will probably serve Norman ******* Rockwell!

The quality, acclaim and word of mouth will make it one of her most successful albums

Not necessarily a first-week thing

This is exactly my sentiments. Unless she gets sooo unlucky word of mouth will spread and I think this album will have longevity that her other albums haven’t. 

I'm just trying not to get my hopes up about the commercial performance! I already know this will be my favorite album by her and that's all I care about :heart:

I'm not worried about chart performance because I'd rather have an album that feels raw & genuine and something that Kesha WANTS us to hear, then have something she's "forced" to make and doesn't give a **** about behind the scenes.

The descriptions of the songs from the listening parties have me so hyped. Only a week now :duca:

1 hour ago, HRHCOLLECTION said:

Those performances were for Raising Hell which didn't even chart and the Taylor shoutout happened over 2 months before the album got released :skull:.

The whole era was like a hot-air balloon that was gradually losing so much steam that it had hit rock bottom by the time the album finally got released (after multiple delays) because no one was even willing to look forward to the release of an album that had absolutely nothing going for it, mixed reception and a way too long and uneventful rollout given the limited impact the era had.

It's totally different from this era.

1 hour ago, CroNich said:

But these songs weren’t released to chart well. If she wanted a chance at charting she would’ve released literally any other song on the album. I think eta/fine like were released to demonstrate this album is not your typical pop album. Like I’ve said before there are multiple songs on the album y’all haven’t heard that could be hits if lightning was to strike at the right time.

Exactly!

1 hour ago, CroNich said:

Right!!!

1 hour ago, josesuxx said:

I'm just trying not to get my hopes up about the commercial performance! I already know this will be my favorite album by her and that's all I care about :heart:

She has a #1 album under Ke$ha with Animal and a #1 album under Kesha with Rainbow, no need to worry about charts, yes it would be nice to keep her top 10 streak, she’d only need to do 35-40k and that’s doable

Fine Line & Eat the Acid are definitely growers. I can’t say I want old Ke$ha either because I adored Rainbow :rainbow:

A new Kesha album next week though guys!! High Road feels like an eternity because it was literally right before Covid :chick3:

Prepare for this album to miss the Top 10 tbh, I am pretty sure High Road had tour ticket bundles back when that was a thing which propped it up quite a bit.

yeah I think top 40 is more realistic. only fans really know about the album coming out and the fanbase is pretty small

hoping for the best though :heart2: she deserves EVERYTHING! 

1 minute ago, Nashe said:

yeah I think top 40 is more realistic. only fans really know about the album coming out and the fanbase is pretty small

hoping for the best though :heart2: she deserves EVERYTHING! 

I sort of feel like the gays and girls still pay attention to her enough for it to be Top 20. We’ll see!

2 hours ago, the70s said:

Looks like finally a Kesha album after Warrior that I will like :duca: Acid is already one of my fav songs of this year, can't wait to hear the rest

I know everyone hates High Road, but you seriously disliked and/or hated Rainbow? Imo, her music got better starting with Rainbow. 

No Rainbow slander on this site or I will Hunt You Down :eli: 

58 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

The whole era was like a hot-air balloon that was gradually losing so much steam that it had hit rock bottom by the time the album finally got released (after multiple delays) because no one was even willing to look forward to the release of an album that had absolutely nothing going for it, mixed reception and a way too long and uneventful rollout given the limited impact the era had.

Exactly. :rip: As if the Ke$ha feature was a selling point to anyone but a limited amount of stans. The initial trailer built some hype but the era was DOA once Raising Hell dropped. 

36 minutes ago, collin said:

I sort of feel like the gays and girls still pay attention to her enough for it to be Top 20. We’ll see!

Yeah, I feel like the gays and girls always check for a release from her. The reception on music twitter to ETA (while slow) has been overwhelmingly positive.