• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

She’s definitely not selling much 1st week with the Vinyls being delayed and the singles making no noise. Let’s not set ourselves up for disappointment 

11 minutes ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

Amazing. It’s like she’s a completely new artist. 

• ATRL Moderator

I low-key revisit High Road the most as of late (not in its entirety though). I mean Cowboy Blues, Chasing Thunder, Summer, Father Daughter Dance, Kinky, Birthday Suit, Resentment and Honey have all aged well for me :jamming: I don't consider it an artistic triumph like Rainbow, but I do feel more compelled to listen to its standouts. I'll probably do a discography listen through next week, top to bottom every album, to get ready for Gag Order :wanda:

I have so many memories associated with each one of her eras, it's wild. 

1 hour ago, collin said:

Prepare for this album to miss the Top 10 tbh, I am pretty sure High Road had tour ticket bundles back when that was a thing which propped it up quite a bit.

But the tour completely bombed, most venues were sold at 20% shortly before it got cancelled in March...so even less when the album came out in January.

I highly doubt the bundle did more than 10k.

56 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

But the tour completely bombed, most venues were sold at 20% shortly before it got cancelled in March...so even less when the album came out in January.

I highly doubt the bundle did more than 10k.

Didn't someone do the math and the tour only sold approx. 7k tickets in the lead up to release week? It would have been a disaster if it had happened... 

1 hour ago, zasderfght said:

I know everyone hates High Road, but you seriously disliked and/or hated Rainbow? Imo, her music got better starting with Rainbow. 

No, both albums are doing nothing for me sadly

1 hour ago, Ampersand13 said:

I low-key revisit High Road the most as of late (not in its entirety though). I mean Cowboy Blues, Chasing Thunder, Summer, Father Daughter Dance, Kinky, Birthday Suit, Resentment and Honey have all aged well for me :jamming: I don't consider it an artistic triumph like Rainbow, but I do feel more compelled to listen to its standouts. I'll probably do a discography listen through next week, top to bottom every album, to get ready for Gag Order :wanda:

I have so many memories associated with each one of her eras, it's wild. 

Summer stanning :clap3:

Im telling y’all if the masses heard the album it would be 10+ weeks at number one/aoty etc etc. unfortunately she doesn’t have that fanbase at the moment so if you’re looking for commercial success let’s just hope the word really spreads.

2 hours ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

wow she sounds so different but still herself 

2 hours ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

So good. I love her so much :jonny5:

That performance was phenomenal, she has become such an interesting artist :clap3:

I do hope that she does more psychedelic/glitchy stuff on a future project, but I wonder if she'll go back to more silly and tongue-in-cheek writing. You can never guess what she's gonna do next lol 

We know you're still waiting to receive your order, and wanted to apologize for the delay. 

Due to a high volume of orders this month and longer production times than anticipated, we are a little behind in getting orders out the door, but wanted to let you know that we have not forgotten about you!

Your order will ship when all items are in stock, including items on preorder, and you will be notified when it ships. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Thank you for your patience! 

- The Kesha Official Online Store Team

Anyone else received this email? :eek:

Is the good sis going to put pen to plastic and sign some CDs? Also, do any little Animal Boogiers know whether she has a Uk store? It keeps showing me dollars

8 hours ago, CroNich said:

But also raising hell was a flop wasn’t well received and didn’t build any hype. I truly would find it hard to believe an album as high quality as gag order would completely flop.

I don't think music quality is the biggest factor in album sales anymore bc so many good albums keep coming and flopping

I think Rainbow going #1 was the result of a perfect storm like that was her big comeback with a new interesting sound and image and good lead single/mv, interest for gag order is certainly much lower and maybe less than high road? (thats 100% ok)

7 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

God she’s so beautiful. My hype for this album is phenomenally high. She really deserves her autonomy. Imagine the career she could have had if she’d of had her way with Warrior. 

3 hours ago, cyclone said:

I don't think music quality is the biggest factor in album sales anymore bc so many good albums keep coming and flopping

I think Rainbow going #1 was the result of a perfect storm like that was her big comeback with a new interesting sound and image and good lead single/mv, interest for gag order is certainly much lower and maybe less than high road? (thats 100% ok)

I’m not saying just because it’s serving quality it’s gonna be a huge global success. I’m saying that I think this album will be one of her more successful ones and it’ll have its own fanbase that will grow over time as the word of mouth spreads.

The critics/publications are going to eat it up and I think when people listen to the full album especially if they start with Something To Believe In, which is the first track, I can’t see there being as much of a mixed response as there were for the singles, because most of the other songs are more easily digestible and satisfying to listen to, whereas I think eta and especially fine line are harder to keep revisiting for casual fans and non fans just as standalone songs.

Honestly it was smart of her to make the album quite short too. I really feel like for the most part I’ll be playing the entire album as will a lot of people before ending up with their favourites later down the road.

And the end of the day success or not she’s doing what she wants to do, she’s releasing what she wants to release,

all while serving quality and artistry i may add. I’d rather have a fave that did that than a fave who tries everything to just get a smash hit at the sake of artistic and somethings moral integrity :eli:, and still flop.

Edited by CroNich

6 hours ago, Alaska. said:

That performance was phenomenal, she has become such an interesting artist :clap3:

I do hope that she does more psychedelic/glitchy stuff on a future project, but I wonder if she'll go back to more silly and tongue-in-cheek writing. You can never guess what she's gonna do next lol 

Anyone else received this email? :eek:

Yes I think basically everyone who ordered the vinyl did

I’m so excited for this :chick3:

Less than a week ladies! (At least for me)

4 hours ago, Superbitch said:

When is the new song Coming!

Probably in a few hours? 

So excited for some new music, Eat The Acid is phenomenal and that performance was amazing :jonny5:

6 minutes ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

Probably in a few hours? 

Isn't it gonna be released on 17th? If it was gonna be released I'd have already have it in my library