Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

going to watch the interview now! I'm really excited for this album, maybe the most excited I've ever been for a Kesha album

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

4 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

HOWEVER, I'm a bit surprised by that first remark about her not having the $ in her name anymore.

That was embarrassing :skull:

I lost all the hype when I read the lyrics, to be honest. 

Boring, repetitive and shallow…

6 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

That was embarrassing :skull:

yeah :deadbanana4: I was worried for the rest of the interview, but thankfully that was the only low point

33 minutes ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

What makes you think so? :huh:

On 5/3/2023 at 4:44 AM, CroNich said:

I love her aesthetic this era… are we getting any televised performances/interview besides the pride one. The good sis needs some promo

I wish Kelly would have her on her show with an interview and performance. :jonny:

5 hours ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

Can you point out lyrics from her other albums that are different in comparison, or…? Lyrics come alive with vocal delivery and instrumentation. It’s pop music. Be serious 

It took a while but Eat The Acid finally hit. 

I was initially disappointed 1) with the iPhone vocals sounded kind of muffled and not well-mixed and 2) with the best part of the song that she teased on Instagram being at the very end when I thought most of it would sound that way. But I've gotten so used to the vocals that they sound normally to me now. And while the build-up to the climax is a little long, I think it perfectly encapsulates the point of the song especially as she describes it in interviews - you have to sit through the heavy dark stuff to reach that state of awakening. And as soon as that higher consciousness is accessed, it only lasts a moment before its over.

TLDR; she's a genius. 

1 hour ago, BoDaToe said:

I wish Kelly would have her on her show with an interview and performance. :jonny:

oh that would be INCREDIBLE :jonny4: two queens of my heart just talking about life and relating to one another, I'd watch the f*ck out of that

Promoted tweet :clap3:RCA spamming it like TRUSTFALL :hippo:

Guess who’s getting to listen to the album tomorrow :duca:

29 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Guess who’s getting to listen to the album tomorrow :duca:

Omg!! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts sis :duca: have a good time!

Just now, fountain said:

Omg!! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts sis :duca: have a good time!

Thank you I need to memorise the tracklist before I go so I know which song is which so I can do a review 

On 5/7/2023 at 2:43 AM, collin said:

Can you point out lyrics from her other albums that are different in comparison, or…? Lyrics come alive with vocal delivery and instrumentation. It’s pop music. Be serious 

:clap3:

5 hours ago, CroNich said:

Thank you I need to memorise the tracklist before I go so I know which song is which so I can do a review 

Looking forward to your track-by-track review!!

1 hour ago, AnonnonA said:

Looking forward to your track-by-track review!!

Haha I have adhd so no promises but I’m going to my best 

The commercial performance of this album perhaps is not that optimistic for such an “indie” era, and after checking Bebe position, that could be a reference for your expectation. :mandown:

It's an iconic that her promo consists of visiting radio stations and proceeding to say that she's not making songs for radio anymore. 

4 hours ago, Junlin said:

The commercial performance of this album perhaps is not that optimistic for such an “indie” era, and after checking Bebe position, that could be a reference for your expectation. :mandown:

And that's fine! :cm:  she's making the best music of her career and that's all that matters

Eat the Acid is stuck in my head, she made that song in heaven

7 hours ago, Junlin said:

You don’t think Kesha can land in the top 100 for Gag Order? What kind of Stan are you….

I'm sure the album will land somewhere in the top 20/30, top 10 will be impossible without a hit or the vinyl ready to ship (they will late next month). It's not like she is chasing for a successful album this time around either, she has a lot to say and is doing it her way.

Edited by Popboi.

1 hour ago, CroNich said:

You don’t think Kesha can land in the top 100 for Gag Order? What kind of Stan are you….

Literally :rip:

37 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

top 10 will be impossible without a hit or the vinyl ready to ship (they will late next month)

I really don’t see why that shouldn’t be possible at all.