• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• PopFan1996

• Walk_Away21

• SmashingMiley

5 minutes ago, starsailor said:

I think Midnight Sky probably suffered from Blinding Lights comparisons. I remember that everyone was talking about it when it was released, so maybe that’s why it didn’t blown out like Flowers is doing. But the song is a pop masterpiece and one of her very best songs so far.

spacer.png

I don't think Midnights Sky would ever of blown up massively at release. Miley's brand was recovering from Younger Now flopping and generally alienating her core base. The song went on to be a decent size hit, but Flowers is clearly a result of stars aligning. This kind of performance shouldn't really be anticipating for anyone or any of her past material. 

Gosh, this is about to become the hit of the year and maybe the decade lol this is bonkers

Drivers License  reached 6.1M daily at it's peak in the US but only 13.7M globaly on a different day.

3 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

Drivers License  reached 6.1M daily at it's peak in the US but only 13.7M globaly on a different day.

Flowers is much more global than DL so far 

Im sorry but wtf??? 17? :rip:

she has been in the kitchen 

I thought it was gonna decrease not increase, this is madness :jonnycat:

What the heck :rip: 

Miley deserves it. She’s so nice and supportive of her peers and really believes in good music. 

I hope Flowers keeps the momentum till the album. 

i'm so happy for this stompage from miley

nikkisuxx-lustforcocc.gif

the amount of conversation this song has caused, the album is probably gonna do big numbers if they make sure to capitalise on the hype

Edited by camilizer

54 minutes ago, Shendelzare said:

the way everyone I know knows this song

The cross-generational appeal is insane too. People of all demographics are listening to this. :WAP:

I can’t help but think that the new Spotify algorithm is at the very least partly responsible for this. We’ve never had a song perform this way before, let alone a rather bland song from Miley Cyrus. Didn’t she also change record labels between PH and this? I’m starting to think there’s something off about this song’s performance, considering last week’s odd midweek stream shake up on Spotify too :celestial5:

3 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

I can’t help but think that the new Spotify algorithm is at the very least partly responsible for this. We’ve never had a song perform this way before, let alone a rather bland song from Miley Cyrus. Didn’t she also change record labels between PH and this? I’m starting to think there’s something off about this song’s performance, considering last week’s odd midweek stream shake up on Spotify too :celestial5:

charlie-day-its-always-sunny-in-philadel

My sister contributed to today’s number since I made her listen to it this morning :heart2: 

I'm not even a fan but I'm glad she's about to stomp on all those shitty song that are currently topping the charts. The song is a vibe. :jamming:

6 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Is that the reason it's received almost 50M plays on YouTube? Or is #1 on Apple Music? Or sold 40k in the US?

200.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.