Grease: Rise Of The Pink Ladies | Grease prequel series on Paramount+

Hector

Set in 1954, exactly four years before the events of Grease, this musical comedy chronicles the girl gang’s untold origin story. “Before the T-Birds were the coolest in the school, four fed-up outcasts dare to have fun on their own terms, sparking a moral panic that will change Rydell High forever,” according to the official logline.

Very curious in this! Hope it's good! 

Edited by Hector

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Watched the first 2 episodes. I’m liking it but not loving it just yet. The music is probably my first main issue at the moment, both episodes have had some fun and enjoyable songs and some have felt very forgettable tbh. It feels like the songs are intentionally trying to blend modern and retro styles together and I don’t know if it’s really working as of right now.

Wondering how this is doing viewership wise, it really needs a scene to go viral to gain more attention (I Want More from episode 2 could potentially draw people in I feel)

9 minutes ago, Augmented said:

Watched the first 2 episodes. I’m liking it but not loving it just yet. The music is probably my first main issue at the moment, both episodes have had some fun and enjoyable songs and some have felt very forgettable tbh. It feels like the songs are intentionally trying to blend modern and retro styles together and I don’t know if it’s really working as of right now.

Wondering how this is doing viewership wise, it really needs a scene to go viral to gain more attention (I Want More from episode 2 could potentially draw people in I feel)

For what it is, I'm enjoying this. The dance numbers are fun and I loved seeing little Rizzo & Frenchie already. 

8 hours ago, Augmented said:

I'm fully obsessed with the music from the first episode. I've been listening to it over and over again. The second episode, not so much.

"I Want More" from the second episode is a jam!

I can't wait to watch the third episode today!! :heart:

Okay so 4 episodes in and I feel like the music continues to be quite inconsistent quality wise but it’s still a pretty fun watch. I do think the show is struggling to balance a lot of the social themes it’s exploring as I feel like it keeps jumping between not going far enough (episode 3) or being way too preachy in its tone (episode 4).

This was about to be my fave episode of the season so far then the last 10/15 mins ruined it :rip:

The McGee song, the “recounting” of the ballots and the kiss all back to back :skull:

Yeah, the quality seems to be dipping from episode to episode. :doc: I'm still enjoying it, but I'm nowhere near as hyped/enthralled as I was with the first episode.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like it’s the same every week at this point. Great performances from the cast, great set pieces and choreography but the music just constantly falls flat and the story is leaving a lot to be desired.At this point I feel like the only storyline that’s been handled really well throughout is Cynthia…

I think that it was pretty obvious the music was going to be the worst part of this show... the moment it was announced there was simply no way they could even make something "decent", let alone match the original Grease songs. Musical shows usually suck even if they are covering songs, now imagine with originals...

The show is cute but very uneven. Liked the way they are touching some social themes but usually they don't care in further developing them. Liked they way there are addressing from both a 50's viewpoint mixed with current lenses, but when you consider that this is before the original Grease, is definitely funny.

Kinda unpopular opinion, but I think they should've come up with the name and jackets till the very end... maybe after the elections were robbed from Jane. That last scene from episode 6 was one of the best... it really showed the spirit of the Pink Ladies, something they forget a lot for trying to cover many stories and handling the girls individual plots very detached from each other.

Yeah literally agree with everything you said @D/X 

Its frustrating because it has moments of potential but just not consistently!

6 hours ago, D/X said:

That last scene from episode 6 was one of the best... it really showed the spirit of the Pink Ladies

Yes really loved this scene too, having a break from the plot to have them interact and chill was such a needed moment 

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.