Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

4 minutes ago, Touch It said:

Tysm everyone and the judges ❤️ glad we all have taste for that bop

Yw

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

18 hours ago, EscapismRoars said:

I’m shocked Billie is in the bottom

shocked about the winner too..

yeah the judges aren't really here for her i keep getting tanked even when the theme is on point

icespice3.thumb.gif.8a1c6204c0a05346b2a0

sing-off entries have been sent :heart2:

NPrewYs.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 6

Spoiler
On 2/21/2023 at 10:45 AM, Sanguine said:

ROUND SIX CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - lovely (with Khalid): It’s nice and I like the orchestral elements. Khalid sounds terrible as usual but Billie’s parts are great and that’s the more important thing here

Björk - Atom Dance (with ANOHNI): It’s nice and I like the orchestral elements. Anohni sounds terrible as usual but Björk’s parts are good and that’s the more important thing here

Carly Rae Jepsen - Feels Right (Pride Remix) [feat. Electric Guest & Jordan Alexander): The audio randomly cutting off multiple times :rip: that aside, I’ve always felt this song was underrated and the feature does her part

Charli XCX - Dreamer (feat. RAYE & Starrah): Slight banger, it has aged a little but still goes off a bit. I always forget Raye is on it f

Christina Aguilera - Woohoo (feat. Nicki Minaj): BEST SONG EVURRRRRRRR

Demi Lovato - Met Him Last Night (feat. Ariana Grande): That basic Trap beat (#ThankUThankUNext) ruins what’s otherwise a decent song. Definitely overproduced. Demi’s parts are cute!

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More (feat. SZA): Took the Say So formula and massively improved upon it, boppy but also ear massagey. I was more obsessed in 2021 but still good

FKA twigs - holy terrain (feat. Future): Her most overhated song like this is thee banger, her medieval serve

Kesha - Timber (with Pitbull): I feel like you had better options where she isn’t just the hook girl… but it’s a banger

Miley Cyrus - Night Crawling (feat. Billy Idol): She really could’ve gotten someone else on here, I get she was in her classic rock bag and all but… regardless it’s a huge banger! The chorus goes off

P!nk - Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess): There are enjoyable aspects to it. This is very evocative of a certain period for me which makes me like it more

Shygirl - hollaback ***** (with Mura Masa & Channel Tres): I usually love her deadpan delivery and it's fine here ig but does border a bit on one-note. The production is interesting

Solange - Almeda (feat. The-Dream & Playboi Carti): :collapse: EVEN IN THAT FLORIDA WATER

Usher - Love in This Club, Pt. II (feat. Beyoncé & Lil Wayne): Don’t really enjoy this version of the song at all

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @EscapismRoars @Touch It @Lucky#17  @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Dessy

@Euterpe @Sanguine @Element @Hikari @Tom Vercetti

On 2/21/2023 at 11:42 AM, Hikari said:

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - lovely (with Khalid)

I guess your choices were really limited. Khalid's vocals is not really my cup of tea, would have aprreciated it more if it was just a solo song. 

Björk - Atom Dance (with ANOHNI)

Bjork's parts were really good, ANOHNI's parts were... just there I guess.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Feels Right (Pride Remix) [feat. Electric Guest & Jordan Alexander]

Hmmm ngl I remember hating this song because of the feature (the one doing the chorus not Jordan Alexander) back then. Sounds better now surprisingly.

Charli XCX - Dreamer (feat. RAYE & Starrah)

A lowkey bop but I don't really feel RAYE's parts here, feels like it just blended and went unnoticed. 

Christina Aguilera - Woohoo (feat. Nicki Minaj)

All the boys think it's cake when they taste my! You don't even need a plate, just your face ha! She and miss burger ate so hard here!

Demi Lovato - Met Him Last Night (feat. Ariana Grande)

Some parts here and there that I liked but also there were parts that I disliked. 

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More (feat. SZA)

Say So 2.0 but we're not complaining. A bit overplayed (on my part) but still a bop.

FKA twigs - holy terrain (feat. Future)

Underrated bop! Deserved so much more tbh!

Kesha - Timber (with Pitbull)

Well kesha was the highlight of this song and I enjoyed her parts the most so there's that.

Miley Cyrus - Night Crawling (feat. Billy Idol)

I think the feature was decent in this song and Miley was great as usual.

P!nk - Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess)

While I do think Nate Ruess has one of the whiniest voices out there, I think his and her parts worked out well for this song.

Shygirl - hollaback ***** (with Mura Masa & Channel Tres)

The "won't be a hollaback *****" part does get stuck a bit in your head tho i kinda want more than that. 

Solange - Almeda (feat. The-Dream & Playboi Carti)

The whole song was a vibe, even Carti's parts were enjoyable.

Usher - Love in This Club, Pt. II (feat. Beyoncé & Lil Wayne)

You didnt put much faith on Jeezy. As much as I like this version, the original version is still superior to me. 

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @EscapismRoars @Touch It @Lucky#17  @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Dessy

On 2/22/2023 at 6:58 AM, Euterpe said:
fifth-harmony-ally-brooke.gif

Fitting: Everyone fit.

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - lovely (with Khalid)
Do I like it? i_love_this_song.gif

Björk - Atom Dance (with ANOHNI)

Do I like it? I felt like an alien when I listened to it, and I kind of enjoyed that feeling.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Feels Right (Pride Remix) [feat. Electric Guest & Jordan Alexander]

Do I like it? Other than some of the higher pitched notes, I thought this was a cute and well-sung song.

Charli XCX - Dreamer (feat. RAYE & Starrah)

Do I like it? This song is EXACTLY my vibe, and I was NOT expecting it.

Christina Aguilera - Woohoo (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Do I like it? I really enjoyed Christina and Nicki’s verses, but the vocals between the verses and the last minute of the song don’t jive with the rest of the song for me. It didn’t feel cohesive.

Demi Lovato - Met Him Last Night (feat. Ariana Grande)

Do I like it? Yes, it was well sung and had a good melody/flow to it. It did what it needed to do.

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More (feat. SZA)

Do I like it? I like it, and I feel like SZA really elevates it, but doesn’t take over the overall song.

FKA twigs - holy terrain (feat. Future)

Do I like it? The song’s beats are unique, but not in a way that’s off putting. It’s well done artistically, and the collab did work for this.

Kesha - Timber (with Pitbull)

Do I like it? It’s a bit of a product of its time, but it’s still fun. Kesha’s belts between the beats have always been my favorite part.

Miley Cyrus - Night Crawling (feat. Billy Idol)

Do I like it? Oh, I love this. This hits.

P!nk - Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess)

Do I like it? I like it, it’s a decent song. I’m neither here nor there in feelings about it.

Shygirl - hollaback ***** (with Mura Masa & Channel Tres)

Do I like it? I enjoyed this, the beats and vocals were meshed well together, though I wish it was a little less repetitive.

Solange - Almeda (feat. The-Dream & Playboi Carti)

Do I like it? It’s such a calming song. I’d put this in the category of lofi beats that I’d listen to relax.

Usher - Love in This Club, Pt. II (feat. Beyoncé & Lil Wayne)

Do I like it? I am purposely ignoring the other version so I can score this independently. Usher and Beyoncé’s voices worked together nicely, but the song did not feel completely cohesive. With that being said, I vibed when he sung. /eyes emoji/

On 2/23/2023 at 8:24 AM, Tom Vercetti said:

2AopB7c.png

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - lovely (with Khalid): Always found this song super boring thanks to Khalid :rip: Surely she had other options. 

Björk - Atom Dance (with ANOHNI): Anohni really aged like milk. Used to not mind this much back in 2015 but now this song isn't really hitting. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Feels Right (Pride Remix) [feat. Electric Guest & Jordan Alexander]: Didn't like electric guest but Jordan was fine. Overall it's not among my favorites here. 

Charli XCX - Dreamer (feat. RAYE & Starrah): I think Raye was a better fit than Starrah. Overall an underrated N1A track which I always liked. 

Christina Aguilera - Woohoo (feat. Nicki Minaj): Best bionic song by far. Deserved more attention than it initially got. 

Demi Lovato - Met Him Last Night (feat. Ariana Grande): Never even knew this existed until now. It's listenable. 

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More (feat. SZA): SZA was good here. This was a decent smash hit. 

FKA twigs - holy terrain (feat. Future): My personal fave from Mag :clap3:

Kesha - Timber (with Pitbull): I wish you would've done something like blah blah blah or crazy kids where she has more control. At least she's easily the best part of this song though. I don't really mind pitbull. 

Miley Cyrus - Night Crawling (feat. Billy Idol): Billy doesn't detract too much from this song. Overall it's decent enough. 

P!nk - Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess): Dislike the feature. Overall not my thing, sorry. 

Shygirl - hollaback ***** (with Mura Masa & Channel Tres): I overall liked this entry even with some of the distracting production choices. 

Solange - Almeda (feat. The-Dream & Playboi Carti): My fave Solange song. U won for me. 

Usher - Love in This Club, Pt. II (feat. Beyoncé & Lil Wayne): I don't dislike this song but the og version with young jeezy was so much better than this.

judge entry:

On 2/23/2023 at 9:05 AM, Element said:

ELEMENT’s MOBILE CRITIQUES FROM GROCERY STORE

I am in the yogurt aisle 

All songs getting a 5 for fitting except maybe Demi because Really Don’t Care was right there?? And I’m mad

Billie Eilish - lovely (with Khalid) - I enjoy this enough!

Björk - Atom Dance (with ANOHNI) - Some production elements were cool but this was not too enjoyable for me. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Feels Right (Pride Remix) [feat. Electric Guest & Jordan Alexander] - You should have sent Good Time. This is fine enough. Chorus a little grating.

Charli XCX - Dreamer (feat. RAYE & Starrah) - One of her best!! Love it.

Christina Aguilera - Woohoo (feat. Nicki Minaj) - I was mega bopping to this. It’s a hit! 

Demi Lovato - Met Him Last Night (feat. Ariana Grande) - This took awhile to grow on me when the album came out, but tbh it’s like… fine. It’s good even. I’m just confused that you sent it!

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More (feat. SZA) - Obviously 

FKA twigs - holy terrain (feat. Future) - Loved this since it came out 

Kesha - Timber (with Pitbull) - Fun and classic bop! 

Miley Cyrus - Night Crawling (feat. Billy Idol) - Hmm it’s just okay for me 

P!nk - Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess) - I want to dislike this but I have an affinity for it and just want to sing along :shy: 

Shygirl - hollaback ***** (with Mura Masa & Channel Tres) - Hope Shygirl is great live!

Solange - Almeda (feat. The-Dream & Playboi Carti) - This wasn’t vibing for me. Felt too much of the same throughout and I would have enjoyed a switchup. 

Usher - Love in This Club, Pt. II (feat. Beyoncé & Lil Wayne) - hmm… this remix was a bit odd. Idk not a strong entry sorry 

NPrewYs.png 

RESULTS

Spoiler

On 2/23/2023 at 10:47 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 9th place...

with the average of 8.52

Reveal hidden contents

Carly Rae Jepsen with Feels Right (Pride Remix) [feat. Electric Guest & Jordan Alexander]!

@Staryu

congrats!!!

in 8th place...

with the average of 8.58

Reveal hidden contents

P!nk with Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess)!

congrats!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 10:51 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 7th place...

with the average of 8.74

Reveal hidden contents

Kesha with Timber (with Pitbull)!

@Lucky#17

congrats!!!

in 6th place...

with the average of 9

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus with Night Crawling (feat. Billy Idol)!

congrats!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 10:56 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 5th place...

with the average of 9.08

Reveal hidden contents

Charli XCX with Dreamer (feat. RAYE & Starrah)!

@Future Lover

congrats!!! #stillslaying

in 4th place...

with the average of 9.1

Reveal hidden contents

Doja Cat with Kiss Me More (feat. SZA)!

congrats!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 11:02 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 3rd place...

with the average of 9.28

Reveal hidden contents

Solange with Almeda (feat. The-Dream & Playboi Carti)!

@Not Like The Movies

congrats!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 11:04 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 2nd place...

with the average of 9.44

Reveal hidden contents

Christina Aguilera with Woohoo (feat. Nicki Minaj)!

@Auburn

congrats!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 11:07 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 1st place...

with the average of 9.52

Reveal hidden contents

FKA twigs with holy terrain (feat. Future)!

@Touch It

congrats!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 11:11 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 10th place...and SAFE

with the average of 8.48

Reveal hidden contents

Shygirl with hollaback ***** (with Mura Masa & Channel Tres)!

@minho

congrats!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 11:14 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 11th place...and SAFE

with the average of 8.42

Reveal hidden contents

Demi Lovato with Met Him Last Night (feat. Ariana Grande)!

@Noah

congrats!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 11:19 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 12th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 8.34

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish with lovely (with Khalid)!

@K$Ellie

good luck! :emofish:

in 13th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 8.12

Reveal hidden contents

Usher with Love in This Club, Pt. II (feat. Beyoncé & Lil Wayne)!

in 14th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 8.1

Reveal hidden contents

Björk with Atom Dance (with ANOHNI)!

@CBC

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF ENTRIES

welcome to our sixth sing-off of the season! billie eilish, björk, and usher were the ones who have to sing off for their survival.

two of them have done it before but are they gonna be able to do it again this time around? we'll see

the judges have mentioned that they LOVED this sing-off and everyone performed boot the house down, yas!

so lets see what they performed now!

coming up first, it's Usher who gave what the judges want with a performance of Love in This Club (OG VERSION)!

Spoiler

next, Billie Eilish with a spooky performance of bury a friend!

Spoiler

and finishing off with Björk with a performance of Human Behaviour!

Spoiler

next post will be the critiques and the judges decisions as usual :heart2:

#StayTuned

uh oh no one's here

I just wanna say Bjork is so captivating while I'm watching that 

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

here comes our first judge, miss Lexie Liu!

igAkZZE.png

she's stomping on the panel and saying nothing!!!

here's what she had to say:

Bjork >> Usher >> Bille so yeah

well you prob know who she's decided to save and ofc it's...

Björk!

next up, it's judge Ally Brooke!

jD33T3G.png

here's what she had to say:

Usher: one thing Usher is good at is his breath control when dancing/moving, which I think tied up everything really well. This was a very well done performance.

Billie: I really liked how unique this performance was, I don't think I've seen one like it. (Also, I wanted to mention how much I stan Lovely, it's a favorite of mine).

Bjork: okay this was FUN! It was honestly a really good time, and I had fun when I watched it.

she had a tough time deciding who she's gonna pick but in the end, she finally reached her decision

and the person getting her vote to save is.....

also Björk!

before our break, let's hear it from judge Sean Paul!

QcWpL1m.png

here is what he had to say:

Usher: Very entertaining performance all around. The "give it to you" moment was surprising but a nice touch. You know I love the song and I think the stage visuals (despite the poor video quality) matched up to the vibe.

Billie Eilish: The performance was neat and I admire the small touches like the fog on the ground. The part where you see a monster figure near the end of it behind the sheets was cool too. I can see why she appeals to gen Z so much.

Bjork: I really enjoyed this live performance. I've never been too fond on the actual song but the live instrumentalists really added a engaging factor with it. Props to her for moving around a little too.

he also had a tough time since he did mention that he liked all three performances! but we can't pick all three..

so ultimately, the person getting his vote to save is...

Usher!

we're at 2-1 now!

anything COULD happen with two judges left. it could be a TIE! it could be ANYTHING.

#staytuned

Usher won that for me but Billie and Bjork were good too!

This online crew should be a squad lowkey

I will never win this game without you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.