More iconic / remembered discography: Bey Vs Gaga.

Darkgalord

More iconic and remembered music?  

352 members have voted

1. 1. More iconic and remembered?

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

I forgot even if it's not in one of her albums Listen became a soundtrack classic exactly as shallow. So even more beyoncè for me. 

It's on B'Day. 

OT: Gaga's last redeemable video was Alejandro, this should say a lot, whereas since then not only did Beyoncé's Run The World overshadow Gaga's Judas in 2011, but she also ended up becoming the ultimate visual artist, which is something Gaga could only dream of, among other things :redface:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• charot

• zoldyck

• BGKC

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, charot said:

So her discography only pulls 4M daily without Ren? :celestial3:

More like 5M with homecoming, gift and droplets.  But yes her hits outside Halo and CIL are forgotten. 

7 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Gaga numbers add up to 11M, Beyonce numbers add up to 8.4M. That a difference of 2.6M per day, not to forgot Renaissance is 7 month old album, it hasn't hit the mark where it can be put against cataloged albums and be part of conversation what is remembered or not.  

but would you say on a daily basis you stream every song you remember and find iconic?

do you never also listen to songs that are not considered memorable or iconic?

Bey has like 90 songs over 100M streams on Spotify (without DC), Gaga has like 70. Gaga is currently having a better year than Bey regarding catalog streams, but this doesn’t really negate the fact that Bey spent the last decade out streaming Gaga. 

BEYONCE:

1998: No No No becomes DC’s first hit. People take notice of this Beyoncé girl (relatively iconic) 

1999- Say My Name goes number 1 and those other girls are missing from the video and replaced with Michelle and Farrah! (very iconic) 

2001- Independent Women goes number 1 for 11 weeks + Survivor smashes (both iconic) 

2003: BEYONCÉ GOES SOLO WITH CRAZY IN LOVE (undoubtedly iconic)+ Baby Boy, Naughty Girl and Me Myself and I (moderately iconic) 

2005: Check On It for Pink Panther goes #1 (the video is moderately iconic) 

2006: Irreplaceable goes #1 and nobody could ever say “to the left” the same again (very Iconic) + Listen (a cover staple and cult classic) + Beautiful Liar (iconic) + Deja Vu, Ring The Alarm, Get Me Bodied, Upgrade U (all cult classics)

2008: Single Ladies goes #1 + Halo (Very iconic with Halo being the most streamed song of that year and decade) 

2010: Telephone featuring Gaga (Very iconic video) 

2011: 4 underperforms w/out spawning any top 10 hits. OBH jumps for joy and call the era a flop… the album later out-streams Gaga’s BTW and Rihanna’s TTT. Run The World + Love On Top become iconic classics 

2013: BEYONCÉ breaks the internet,  changes the game (undoubtedly one of the most iconic moments in music in the 21st century) + Drunk In Love (iconic) + Partition (iconic) 

2014: 7/11 (low key iconic) 

2016: FORMATION is released, stirs up a lot of controversy that riles up republicans (iconic) + Sorry (moderately iconic) 

2017: HASBEYN FINALLY FLOPS, FLOPS ALONGSIDE JAY WITH EVERYTHING IS LOVE, OBH REJOICES! + the APESHIT video being shot in the Louvre (moderately iconic) 

2018: Beyoncé officially becomes the first woman to have 3 albums cross 1 Billion streams. All with albums from the digital era. (Iconic)
2019: THE GIFT/BLACK IS KING (unfortunately) FLOPS! OBH IS IN HEAVEN! + Brown Skin Girls (low key iconic) 

2022: BMS becomes her first solo #1 hit since single ladies! (Iconic) + CUFF IT (relatively iconic/missing visuals) 

LADY GAGA

2008: Just Dance + Paparazzi hit radio waves (undoubtably iconic) we are introduced to what could be the next biggest pop star of the 21st century and The Fame outsells all the MPGs with ease. 
2009: BAD ROMANCE INITIATES A CULTURAL RESET (undoubtedly iconic) + Alejandro (moderately iconic) + GAGA FEATURES BEYONCÉ ON TELEPHONE (very iconic) 

2011: Born This Way goes #1 (Very Iconic) it appears to be frontloaded, she starts selling it for 99 cents and OGH’s start to emerge from the shadows + Judas stirs up controversy (iconic) + TEOG, MTN, You & I (relatively iconic) the album ultimately stands the test of time with Bloody Mary going viral a decade later (very iconic)

2013: LADY GAGA RELEASES HER SELF PROCLAIMED ALBUM OF THE MILLENNIUM. Applause fails to meet expectations and the OGH come for blood (relatively iconic) She teams up with R Kelly for DWUW (epic fail) + G.U.Y (a cult classic) 

2014: Cheek 2 Cheek does pretty solid (classic) 

2016: Perfect Illusion fops and Million Reason comes to save the day (hardly iconic) 

2018: A STAR IS BORN, her career is REVIVED, Shallow becomes one of the biggest hits of the decade (Undoubtedly iconic) + the soundtrack overall does extremely well (iconic) 

2020: Stupid Love goes top 5 (relatively iconic) + Rain On Me with Ariana Grande smashes (Iconic) + Sour Candy with BP (relatively iconic) Covid interferes with the era it kinda goes nowhere from here. 

2021: Love For Sale…

3 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Bey has like 90 songs over 100M streams on Spotify (without DC), Gaga has like 70. Gaga is currently having a better year than Bey regarding catalog streams, but this doesn’t really negate the fact that Bey spent the last decade out streaming Gaga. 

BEYONCE:

1998: No No No becomes DC’s first hit. People take notice of this Beyoncé girl (relatively iconic) 

1999- Say My Name goes number 1 and those other girls are missing from the video and replaced with Michelle and Farrah! (very iconic) 

2001- Independent Women goes number 1 for 11 weeks + Survivor smashes (both iconic) 

2003: BEYONCÉ GOES SOLO WITH CRAZY IN LOVE (undoubtedly iconic)+ Baby Boy, Naughty Girl and Me Myself and I (moderately iconic) 

2005: Check On It for Pink Panther goes #1 (the video is moderately iconic) 

2006: Irreplaceable goes #1 and nobody could ever say “to the left” the same again (very Iconic) + Listen (a cover staple and cult classic) + Beautiful Liar (iconic) + Deja Vu, Ring The Alarm, Get Me Bodied, Upgrade U (all cult classics)

2008: Single Ladies goes #1 + Halo (Very iconic with Halo being the most streamed song of that year and decade) 

2010: Telephone featuring Gaga (Very iconic video) 

2011: 4 underperforms w/out spawning any top 10 hits. OBH jumps for joy and call the era a flop… the album later out-streams Gaga’s BTW and Rihanna’s TTT. Run The World + Love On Top become iconic classics 

2013: BEYONCÉ breaks the internet,  changes the game (undoubtedly one of the most iconic moments in music in the 21st century) + Drunk In Love (iconic) + Partition (iconic) 

2014: 7/11 (low key iconic) 

2016: FORMATION is released, stirs up a lot of controversy that riles up republicans (iconic) + Sorry (moderately iconic) 

2017: HASBEYN FINALLY FLOPS, FLOPS ALONGSIDE JAY WITH EVERYTHING IS LOVE, OBH REJOICES! + the APESHIT video being shot in the Louvre (moderately iconic) 

2018: Beyoncé officially becomes the first woman to have 3 albums cross 1 Billion streams. All with albums from the digital era. (Iconic)
2019: THE GIFT/BLACK IS KING (unfortunately) FLOPS! OBH IS IN HEAVEN! + Brown Skin Girls (low key iconic) 

2022: BMS becomes her first solo #1 hit since single ladies! (Iconic) + CUFF IT (relatively iconic/missing visuals) 

LADY GAGA

2008: Just Dance + Paparazzi hit radio waves (undoubtably iconic) we are introduced to what could be the next biggest pop star of the 21st century and The Fame outsells all the MPGs with ease. 
2009: BAD ROMANCE INITIATES A CULTURAL RESET (undoubtedly iconic) + Alejandro (moderately iconic) + GAGA FEATURES BEYONCÉ ON TELEPHONE (very iconic) 

2011: Born This Way goes #1 (Very Iconic) it appears to be frontloaded, she starts selling it for 99 cents and OGH’s start to emerge from the shadows + Judas stirs up controversy (iconic) + TEOG, MTN, You & I (relatively iconic) the album ultimately stands the test of time with Bloody Mary going viral a decade later (very iconic)

2013: LADY GAGA RELEASES HER SELF PROCLAIMED ALBUM OF THE MILLENNIUM. Applause fails to meet expectations and the OGH come for blood (relatively iconic) She teams up with R Kelly for DWUW (epic fail) + G.U.Y (a cult classic) 

2014: Cheek 2 Cheek does pretty solid (classic) 

2016: Perfect Illusion fops and Million Reason comes to save the day (hardly iconic) 

2018: A STAR IS BORN, her career is REVIVED, Shallow becomes one of the biggest hits of the decade (Undoubtedly iconic) + the soundtrack overall does extremely well (iconic) 

2020: Stupid Love goes top 5 (relatively iconic) + Rain On Me with Ariana Grande smashes (Iconic) + Sour Candy with BP (relatively iconic) Covid interferes with the era it kinda goes nowhere from here. 

2021: Love For Sale…

OMG the effort :fan:

Just now, swissman said:

but would you say on a daily basis you stream every song you remember and find iconic?

do you never also listen to songs that are not considered memorable or iconic?

When I remember a song, I start humming its lyrics and have urge of listening it. 

Same for lot of other people, not all of people but a good amount of people get melody/lyrics struck in their head and only way quench that thirst by actually listening to song. If a song is getting less than 200k then I don't think lot of people remember or think about it. Cause in today world with all streaming platforms and devices, its really not that hard to play a song that pop up in one's brain.    

1 minute ago, charot said:

OMG the effort :fan:

At least I use logic unlike half of y’all. 

4 minutes ago, BGKC said:

At least I use logic unlike half of y’all. 

We use actual receipts/numbers though.

Edited by charot

Gaga sweetie..

Beyonce’s discography is really bad, especially the last 10 years her albums are unlistenable and her tragic spotify numbers are the biggest proof :penguin:

2 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

When I remember a song, I start humming its lyrics and have urge of listening it. 

Same for lot of other people, not all of people but a good amount of people get melody/lyrics struck in their head and only way quench that thirst by actually listening to song. If a song is getting less than 200k then I don't think lot of people remember or think about it. Cause in today world with all streaming platforms and devices, its really not that hard to play a song that pop up in one's brain.    

my point being though that a song isn't not remembered/iconic if someone chooses not to listen to it. Listening choices generally aren't based on what is most-to-least memorable but whatever is right for their mood or momentary desires.

How many years have Gaga fans waited for a viral hit to make the same thread 4727244783722 times like they've done the past two months :bibliahh:

17 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Bey has like 90 songs over 100M streams on Spotify (without DC), Gaga has like 70.

How many with DC?

Is ARTPOP still oustreaming Lemonade? 

Edited by Blade Runner

If numbers don't lie - and they don't, then Gaga's discography is more iconic, legendary and remembered.

considering beyonce has iconic hit through multiple years/eras and not just a 3 year period, her 

1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

If numbers don't lie - and they don't, then Gaga's discography is more iconic, legendary and remembered.

but numbers say beyonce has sold more albums, digital singles, and more streams... 

Just now, brenda-walsh said:

considering beyonce has iconic hit through multiple years/eras and not just a 3 year period, her 

Her "iconic hits" all come from 3 albums, much like Gaga's (which span between 2008 and 2018, rather than between 2003 and 2008, by the way). :matty:

Just now, brenda-walsh said:

but numbers say beyonce has sold more albums, digital singles, and more streams... 

We focus on current numbers. There's no excuse for #1 "classic" Single Ladies being outstreamed by the likes of... even Telephone! :lmao:

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

We focus on current numbers. There's no excuse for #1 "classic" Single Ladies being outstreamed by the likes of... even Telephone! :lmao:

are you forgetting Beyoncé is on Telephone too?

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

Her "iconic hits" all come from 3 albums, much like Gaga's (which span between 2008 and 2018, rather than between 2003 and 2008, by the way). :matty:

do they? some of her most streamed/ certified hit are from 2011-2014. gaga's career is literally 2008-2011 + 2018. her career was dead after BTW up to ASIB

Just now, swissman said:

are you forgetting Beyoncé is on Telephone too?

And it's funnily her latest hit that can be called such! :laugh:

Little Liddos get one lucky with viral tiktok songs and dont know how to act :rip: 

-

OT: Bey

1 minute ago, brenda-walsh said:

do they? some of her most streamed/ certified hit are from 2011-2014. gaga's career is literally 2008-2011 + 2018. her career was dead after BTW up to ASIB

And where are those "hits" now? She fell out of the top 10 female artists on Spotify a few months after her newest album's release! :lmao:

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

so what you're saying is that even with gaga's superior daily streams she still hasn't surpassed bey? good to know :fan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.