Miley Cyrus - 'Endless Summer Vacation'

despy

8 minutes ago, wish said:

All my complaints in these past 2 weeks were for this exact reason ::deadbanana4: 

this is what happens when you put minimal effort into promoting your ALBUM. There were many steps Miley could have taken to build hype for this release.

She’s going for longevity I fear. Art not the charts. The GP is still asleep!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miley Cyrus

• wish

• despy

• Walk_Away21

1 hour ago, rcksluke said:

It flopped like Gloria lol

It did double of Gloria even without Flowers.

I have to say, I just finished listening to this album for the SIXTH TIME and I am obsessed. :clap3:

Such a melancholic album.

Jaded, Rose Cored Lenses and Handstand are my faves!!

im really enjoying the album. proud of Miley 

1 hour ago, mrpartyrocker said:

Watch tomorrow’s update follow Flower’s trajectory. That would be funny for the OMH

That's not going to happen, albums don't follow trajectories like that bc the entire project would have to go viral and that's rare to happen compared to a song.

1 hour ago, mrpartyrocker said:

Watch tomorrow’s update follow Flower’s trajectory. That would be funny for the OMH

same , im hoping this happens considering the album is a grower, took me 5 listens to get obsessed 

really sucks that those are the number, i think overall its not a bad album at all, 

don't think that river was a really smart choice to release as a second single,

its a good song but very messy and not easliy repetable, 

i think if she released jaded as the second it was much more wiser...

top five for now

1.island 2.jaded 3.red colored lenese 4.river 5.handstand

2 hours ago, Scars said:

Y'all are so corny, bffr. :ahh:

I’m being for realz, hunny ❤️

5 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Jaded really should've been the single over River

They can always rush release the song thats overperfoming. Wasnt Miley even recording a MV for that song?

1 minute ago, biomind101 said:

Oops, she flopped @Walk_Away21

:rip: Screaming at @wish in the Discord

1. can someone tell miley to promote or log on her tiktok and post something real for once

:deadbanana4:no way people called the second half is better...I almost skipped everything starting from Muddy Feet ..

Edited by CameraFlashes

The problem with this era is that the hype that was established with Flowers was not built upon. Miley has had big image issues with the wider public for over a decade now, Plastic Hearts positioned her in a better place for pop stans and Flowers took an even bigger step into a more widely "marketable" image for the general public, using the more discreet "in the know" pop hype she won with that previous album.

Where she should have gone next is to follow Flowers up with media appearances, great performances, at least a couple more real great singles and paired up with the brilliant imagery behind this album she could have won herself the biggest album of her career. Unfortunately she did none of that so she's still at that baby step forward from PH, I fully believe she will perform well commercially here but nowhere near what could have been.

In the end though none of that really matters if it wasn't her intention anyway. She's nearly two decades into her career and to be honest doesn't have much to prove anymore if she doesn't want to, but that's my two cents :matty: 

Even though River wasn't the safest choice as a second single, I'm glad that's what she/her team decided to go with. She's giving the gays everything we want even if the gays don't know its what we want 

Its funny that 80% of the members in this forum are actually waiting for an artist to underperform to drag him/her 

I love the album , its not PH but i dont want another PH 

I think the album is a bit too Adult Contemporary'd for the young streaming audience

She should have filmed some music videos and made an album trailer and pushed it on social media, and also booked major promo slots, kinda like Taylor's Midnights rollout.

4 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

In the end though none of that really matters if it wasn't her intention anyway. She's nearly two decades into her career and to be honest doesn't have much to prove anymore if she doesn't want to, but that's my two cents :matty: 

THIS 

Also, why does this only have 9 reviews on Metacritic? :deadbanana2: