Miley Cyrus - 'Endless Summer Vacation'

despy

1 hour ago, DreamGlow said:

is this doing anything in the UK?

the UK and Australia are Miley's biggest market... it's #1 on apple music in both countries and all the songs are in the top 100. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miley Cyrus

• wish

• despy

• Walk_Away21

1 minute ago, KatysPrism said:

27M on the counter… oh well :toofunny3:

deserved way more 

Witness had 17M with zero active Top 40 singles. :rip:

Edited by Fastlane

4 minutes ago, KatysPrism said:

what does this have to do with anything..? i was rooting for miley. literally zero correlation 

I think they just did a comparison to make a point about ESV's underperformance.

The only reason it had slightly better numbers than PH (19M) is because of Flowers. :cold2:

would the numbers go up? Didn't flowers blow up like 2nd-4th day after release?

This just gives credence to the auto play accusations. There's no reason for a song that was pulling almost 20M streams daily just a few weeks ago to NOT even get close to 10M upon album release. Columbia pulled all the stops for her. 27M is beyond embarrassing 

4 minutes ago, Scars said:

I think they just did a comparison to make a point about ESV's underperformance.

The only reason it had slightly better numbers than PH (19M) is because of Flowers. :cold2:

Well… at least her numbers are consistent and River is doing much better than Prisoner :johnald:

This just gives credence to the auto play accusations. There's no reason for a song that was pulling almost 20M streams daily just a few weeks ago to NOT even get close to 10M upon album release. Columbia pulled all the stops for her. 27M is beyond embarrassing 

Manifesting a surprise deluxe edition this week with fuc*ed up forever and taste of my own added as bonus tracks. Someone @ Columbia well and truly messed up by not adding those 2 CLASSICS 

WW Spotify

#1 Flowers | 9,156,903

#11 River | 3,669,597

#36 Jaded | 2,359,191

#56 Rose Colored Lenses | 1,935,105

#66 Thousand Miles | 1,829,789

#82 You | 1,660,588

#90 Muddy Feet | 1,571,639

#98 Handstand | 1,522,419

#99 Violet Chemistry | 1,514,515

#138 Wildcard | 1,313,256

#164 Island | 1,219,541

35 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Well… at least her numbers are consistent and River is doing much better than Prisoner :johnald:

Love the positive take, but Prisoner also debuted at #11 on Global Spotify. It's just that River is having is it's first day along with the album. :cold2:

Hopefully she'll still be able to have a ~100k debut.

31 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

STAY A WHILE

STAY A WHILE WITH ME

:WAP:

lowkey the best song on the album :jonny5:

This is cute but nothing groundbreaking. River (:WAP:), Violet and Flowers are the best songs, Island, Handstand & Jaded are cute.

Plastic Gods remains superior though. :cm:

Jaded & Rose Colored Lenses are excellent 

I think one of the reasons this is my favorite Miley album is that, as someone who's becoming an "adult" it's harder for me to relate to her older music. Miley's a character actress, and I think we all like to live vicariously through our faves to some extent. But as I get older, the harder and less appealing it is for me to put on her music and channel my inner provocateur (Bangerz), stoner hippie (Dead Petz), bad ***** (SHE IS COMING), or unabashed rocker (Plastic Hearts). I'm just an accountant and a content writer. Maybe I'm finally becoming one of those wine-loving soccer moms who listen to AC radio that plays P!nk songs, but at this point in my life, an album like Endless Summer Vacation is just more appealing to me than something like Dead Petz or Bangerz, no matter how iconic, fearless, and amazing those albums are. 

Don't take this as me saying it's immature to relate to Miley's younger works, it absolutely isn't. Maybe some of you see more of yourself in one of Miley's previous personalities/incarnations. I just feel like for the first time in a long time, she's not trying to be something and is just being. It's easier to digest at this point in my life, even as a diehard fan. 

21 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Not the Razzie Raschall avi... best to ignore that.

What? 

i think it was a mistake to stack most of the midtempos at the beginning 

it makes the album start to drag after the third track but there’s really great songs here 

im keeping jaded, rose colored lenses, river, violet chemistry, muddy feet and island 

Haters having a field day while literally no one, Smilers included, expected huge numbers 

spacer.png

But I have to say, some stans, esp that Miley Cyrus user, ran their mouth too much. Or are they secret haters instead?

5 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I think one of the reasons this is my favorite Miley album is that, as someone who's becoming an "adult" it's harder for me to relate to her older music. Miley's a character actress, and I think we all like to live vicariously through our faves to some extent. But as I get older, the harder and less appealing it is for me to put on her music and channel my inner provocateur (Bangerz), stoner hippie (Dead Petz), bad ***** (SHE IS COMING), or unabashed rocker (Plastic Hearts). I'm just an accountant and a content writer. Maybe I'm finally becoming one of those wine-loving soccer moms who listen to AC radio that plays P!nk songs, but at this point in my life, an album like Endless Summer Vacation is just more appealing to me than something like Dead Petz or Bangerz, no matter how iconic, fearless, and amazing those albums are. 

Don't take this as me saying it's immature to relate to Miley's younger works, it absolutely isn't. Maybe some of you see more of yourself in one of Miley's previous personalities/incarnations. I just feel like for the first time in a long time, she's not trying to be something and is just being. It's easier to digest at this point in my life, even as a diehard fan. 

not this essay just for you to say you’re boring