Miley Cyrus - 'Endless Summer Vacation'

despy

The only tracks I don't care about are You and Wonder Woman tbh. 

and wow, Flowers smashing really hurt somebody here :soda:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miley Cyrus

• wish

• despy

• Walk_Away21

2 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

not this essay just for you to say you’re boring 

yeah :gaycat6: river is my fave though so I'm still a ***** at least 

I love the album, but yeah, the autoplay did wonders for Flowers. Any other major pop girl album with such a frontloaded first single would have done +40 million streams on Spotify. It sucks, because Shakira’s song with Bizarap, the true organic hit, was robbed of that number one position for so long. Either way, I do love this album’s vibe and have been jamming to it since it came out.

13 minutes ago, Sept said:

Haters having a field day while literally no one, Smilers included, expected huge numbers 

spacer.png

But I have to say, some stans, esp that Miley Cyrus user, ran their mouth too much. Or are they secret haters instead?

DEADASS! I HOPE her numbers suddenly soar after girl decides to perform or something, I didn't login after 5 years to see her flop

12 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

yeah :gaycat6: river is my fave though so I'm still a ***** at least 

:heart2: that was supposed to read as playful i wasn’t dragging you 

1 hour ago, Asparagus Spears said:

Manifesting a surprise deluxe edition this week with fuc*ed up forever and taste of my own added as bonus tracks. Someone @ Columbia well and truly messed up by not adding those 2 CLASSICS 

Holy **** y'all have got to MOVE ON from those 2 mid tracks. And it was obviously Miley's choice, not Columbia. They are old songs that weren't written for this project, makes absolutely no sense if she did include them. 

Her sounding bored on You studio version as if she hates the song when it’s probably the opposite absolutely sends me :toofunny2:

Wonder Woman makes me want to call my mom even before I just found out the song was indeed about her mom :chick3:

11 minutes ago, crazyncool said:

It sucks, because Shakira’s song with Bizarap, the true organic hit, was robbed of that number one position for so long.

Y'all are so corny, bffr. :ahh:

Wanted to listen to the album three times before giving my opinion. I’m kind of let down. Some songs seem promising but go nowhere.  I still think it’s a great album but I prefer Plastic Hearts.

River seemed promising from the snippet because of that beautiful acapella. But so far it’s ok. 

maybe it will grow over time.

Flowers smashery really got the girls mad :ahh:

they forget Flowers didn’t peak on streaming for like 2 weeks. Time the ultimate truth teller :giraffe:

It flopped like Gloria lol

I finally listened listen to the album and I really understand the mixed mostly negative reception I've been seeing online now. I didn't love Flowers (although it was a cute song) but I had really high expectations for the rest of the album and it just didn't deliver. There's nothing offensively bad here but it's also painfully boring and basically has 0 songs that I would put in my "Best of Miley" playlist. Just a bunch of safe, uninspired, "vibey" background music and a huuuge step down from the excellence she has been releasing since 2019. :sosad:

My stand-outs: Jaded / Headstand / River / Violet Chemistry / Island. Taste Of My Own being better than everything here is crazy omg. What was she thinking? :skull: And I can't help but think of the scrapped material she did with Andrew Watt and will never see the light of day.

I'm so done with Kid Harpoon/Tyler Johnson's samey material. Somebody please save whoever is working with them now. :redface:

Plastic Hearts comfortably remains her best album. It's so remarkably consistent, and the rock sound suits her most. The era was also pretty good and she was serving amazing performances every week. :gaycat6:

Damn the numbers are bad indeed...

She should consider releasing Taste of My Own knowing it's a beloved fan favorite, I'm sure the GP would love it too.

I like PH more overall as an album but I think this has higher highs. Jaded, RCL, and VC are all career highlights imo

I think Flowers clouded a lot of fans perception of the level of artist Miley is.. Younger Now did 45 k and had a #10 hit... . plastic hearts had a #14 hit single and debuted with 60k sales...
Flowers massive success began putting Miley in drake/taylor/ariana discussion and people went crazy.... ESV will probably debut with around 100k sales in the US and everyone will call it a flop.. despite it having a massive increase from her previous albums because everyone wanted her to have 12 more flowers type of hits which is impossible.

Edited by seancarter

I do prefer Plastic Hearts, but I think this is a cute, chilled and vibey album. I can imagine listening to it on a hot summer drive. It's quite different from Plastic Hearts, so I can understand why some are disappointed. That album was more punchy and instant whereas this one is more relaxed. My favourite songs are Jaded, Handstand, Violet Chemistry, River, Rose Colored Lenses and Island. 

The Spotify numbers. :lmao: No defending that. With some cleverly planned performances, maybe she can Heart of Glass the era to decent streams, but other than that, move on to the next album.

At least there’s Flowers to bloat ESV to gold/platinum certifications around the globe.

All my complaints in these past 2 weeks were for this exact reason ::deadbanana4: 

this is what happens when you put minimal effort into promoting your ALBUM. There were many steps Miley could have taken to build hype for this release.

River is also confirmed not a smash, this should have debuted in the top 5 with the massive playlisting it received. Jaded has better numbers for the playlisting it has, but probably not enough to make a switch. This sucks

• ATRL Moderator

I have to say River, Handstand, Rose Colored Lenses, Violet Chemistry, Muddy Feet and Jaded are all major tunes :jamming: and I quite enjoy Wildcard, You, and Island as well just maybe not as much. The only ones that I find myself skipping are Wonder Woman and Thousand Miles :michael: