K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Nana renewing with Pledis ijbol

i guess they’re doing great stuff for her acting career but it kinda stings to not have her as an active idol knowing how much she slays

• Like 1

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, breadcrumbs said:

I just finished watching this and.. ohh boy. I don’t know where to start. :ace:  

I really didn’t thoroughly follow this scandal back then so its my first time to deep dive into this case. I was just reading the headlines and some articles about it and didn’t realize that there were that many KPop idols involved in this.  

The most infuriating thing is Seungri got the least amount of jail time compared to the other people involved while being one of the owners of Burning Sun and mastermind of all of the SAs. On top of that, he is already free and cheating with multiple girls. :rip:

No wonder Korea is saying NO to new boy groups from 2019 onwards because of this (plus the Mnet scandals).

I've been saying the rise in incel culture and Korea's state sanctioning and legalizing of extreme misogyny is killing the boy group industry. A lot of these girls are giga done with men

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Are these virtual groups just CGI masks for real people who were too ugly to be idols?

paris.gif

3 of them are rumored to be girls that were part of My Teenage Girls

They all looks good and worst part is all of them are DANCERS.

5 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

well... I really enjoyed Social Path (whoever this LiSa girl is, I need to listen to her more) and also DLMLU

but they still don't do it for me

koryspellz-12hours-after-my-shift.gif

Well at least you enjoyed majority of the songs that I recommended though, so you’re up to a good start :ryan3:

But I just know that if you listen to their “IN LIFE” and “NOEASY” album, you’re going to get sold immediately and be able to appreciate them :khalyan2:

5 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

MUCH better

IMG_6908.gif?ex=656fb848&is=655d4348&hm=

SKZ Japanese discography sweetie…:suburban:

One sneak, and it’s not Wildside :suburban:

Wildside is cute, but I would’ve appreciate it more if it was one key lower :bird:

5 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

Yes hes the least popular member both with fans and nonfans  :monkey:  These evil carrots won't even stream his MV to 2mil. Hes even doing the backroll while live singing and they still won't click the MV. Spare a stream to Changbin's bestie later thanks

Well somebody has to be the least popular in every group though? :clack:

Spoiler

Though I also understand your frustration since in Dino’s case, he’s the least popular in a group of 13, with 12 other members being more popular than him :suburban:

Oh wow at Miss Xiaoting slaying MAMA. She truly shines more on a sultry concept. No wonder I preferred MVSK more than Wa Da Da when they debuted.

Well MVSK is the better song by country miles anyway.

:clack:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Well somebody has to be the least popular in every group though? :clack:

Reveal hidden contents

Though I also understand your frustration since in Dino’s case, he’s the least popular in a group of 13, with 12 other members being more popular than him :suburban:

At least for me, the annoyance comes from not him being the least popular but the insane gap of support from fans in comparison to more popular members. This applies to all the members in svt's bottom 3 popularity. Being the least popular wouldn't be bad if more fans still showed him even a little support. Like not even the other members supporting his song and making challenge videos or him literally doing a quick live performance of it at the concert is making the carrots streams

It's just evil, especially when this solo has out-quality'd their last comeback

tbh I absolutely love this festive little cover and idc what the critics or quality police have to say about it

It's cute and fun and thats what matters

• Like 1

What I like about VCHA is that they seem really happy and grateful to debut. They are giving a lot of rookie passion and joy through their performances it really does give me positive vibes as an audience.

I wish Cristina was there with them tho :chick3:

• Thanks 1

BTS solo members bagging Justin Timberlake & Usher:gaycat6: Damn, and they still singlehandedly funded the biggest Kpop company ever. SM get up :deadvision:

31 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

At least for me, the annoyance comes from not him being the least popular but the insane gap of support from fans in comparison to more popular members. This applies to all the members in svt's bottom 3 popularity. Being the least popular wouldn't be bad if more fans still showed him even a little support. Like not even the other members supporting his song and making challenge videos or him literally doing a quick live performance of it at the concert is making the carrots streams

Oh I see. I always knew there was something darksided with you Carrots! 

There are also big popularity gaps between the members of SKZ especially with the gap between the first half and second half of the group. However even the least popular member of SKZ has a lot of support from fans, hence why it’s hard to point out who’s actually the least popular member :bird:

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 1

Starting in about 10 minutes or so...

• MuBank.EP1188: Golden Girls, Roa, FANTASY BOYS, LUN8wave, MCND, AMPERS&ONE, EASTSHINE, SUPERKIND, WHIB, YAO CHEN, DKB, LAS, BANG YEDAM, 24K+, ATBO, ATEEZ, ENHYPEN, NAM WOO HYUN

Happy first day of Dickember! :party:  Anyway...

• MuCore.EP835: MAVE:, Choi In Gyeong, Dreamcatcher, AMPERS&ONE, LUN8wave, 24K+, BE'O, DKB, ATBO, YAO CHEN, BANG YEDAM, MCND, FANTASY BOYS, NAM WOO HYUN, ATEEZ
  • inkigayo.e1208: Seen Hyunhee, Roa, Dreamcatcher, Nam Woohyun, ATBO, DKB, Be'O, Dino, Yao Chen, Enhyphen, MCND, Bang Yedam, Fantasy Boys, Whib, Ampers&One, 24K+, Eastshine

Hey, one of those virtual groups on MuCo.  Who'd've guessed!

:cm:

EDIT: Looks like today is the last MuBank of the year.  Considering the lineup, maybe they should've ended the year last week. :cm:

EDIT2: Apparently the lineup for KBS' year end gayo song festival thingie was released a few days ago.  If you want to look ahead...

• 2023 Music Bank Global Festival (12/15, 1830KST): Part 1 -- Live from Korea -- aespa, CRAVITY, DAY6’s Young K, FANTASY BOYS, fromis_9, (G)I-DLE, H1-KEY, IVE, MAMAMOO’s Hwasa, NCT 127, NCT DREAM, ONEUS, RIIZE, Sunmi, TXT, Xdinary Heroes, xikers, ZEROBASEONE; MC's Rowoon & Jang Wonyoung. Part 2 -- Recorded in Japan -- ATEEZ, BOYNEXTDOOR, THE BOYZ, Golden Girls, ENHYPEN, ITZY, Kang Daniel, Kep1er, LE SSERAFIM, Lee Young Ji, MeloMance, NewJeans, NiziU, NMIXX, Park Jin Young, P1Harmony, SHINee, STAYC, Stray Kids, &TEAM; MC's Rowoon, Go Minsi & Lee Youngji.
I like that Part 2 is pre-recorded so everyone can go home early. :cm:

Edited by harrythevifan
  • Like 1

I wonder if VCHA deserves their own thread since they're a first American girl group trained through the K-pop system. Can't wait for their debut in January!

8 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

109c7cf73fe719a64abe1238c64fded9d0e0697b.gifv

27c0eb3e84df66cb4a5d7984a1821998042b7004.gifv10dac0ab124416f5da70867c55cb523b1f1eea42.gifv

as much as I'd love a full WJSN comeback, i'll take anything from my beautiful queens

come through Seola :jonny5:

I want her to debut as a soloist with something that sounds like THE BLACK's Easy. the world will stop :jonny5:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wait wait wait wait, I actually didn't see the news about her solo debut omg :jonny5: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

Who are the other 2 least popular? 

9 hours ago, Odette Violet said:

4th Gen Leaders wbk :clap3:

We need this predebut Giselle back

:jonny6: Girl have natural rhythm. Oh girl don't end the other 4th Gen lead vocalists like that @ANTIclimatic

She’s been back for a while we just need sm to let her out of the basement.

• Like 1