K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

STAYC gurls :clap3: The only group from small company (I can’t even remember their company’s name :rip:)

• Like 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Best song won, but they probably could not even fake reaching Sweet Hee Hee Venom high notes live :giraffe:

EDIT: Sunghoon and Ni-ki are not even singing but at least they look pretty :bird:

Edited by Darkling
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

JYP :rip: What a bad year for him and his artist especially in Korea. The disgusted looks from audience :rip: Krystal :bibliahh:

This is tragic too.

NMIXX will save JYP from their digital flop era though next year :clap3:

Twice only have ~50M digital points? This is beyond nugu level. I knew this was bad but not this bad. Did they even enter the top 100 with their last release? :deadbanana4:

They had 2+ billion points a couple years ago :gaycat7:

Oh well, they said Japan money and not the charts :gayalipacat3:

• Haha 1

i know music show wins aren’t a huge deal for established groups but this is still so cool :jonny3:

also this is now their 9th consecutive year winning at least once :jonny3:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

i know music show wins aren’t a huge deal for established groups but this is still so cool :jonny3:

The glow-up :gaycat3:

That blonde hair era wasn't it :rip:

Just now, geniecantstophypeboy said:

The glow-up :gaycat3:

That blonde hair era wasn't it :rip:

blame MHJ for that since she was still their creative director :eli:

1 minute ago, cloudbusting said:

blame MHJ for that since she was still their creative director :eli:

I respect the vision, the wigs technology wasn't here yet. They would have looked gorgeous with the blonde wigs Newjeans have been wearing recently. :foxaylove3:

36 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

Yesss! Well-deserved! I refuse for this masterpiece to have no wins :clap3:

Ok I blacked out for a week or so there - did blackpink end up renewing or what? Last I saw they were receiving honorary MBEs in the UK?

Also the baby monster teaser is Tragique and def seems to be leaving room (as in literal physical room in the center) for Ahyeon's return. I wonder why they can't just wait?

6 hours ago, supertiffany said:

so RM is being dragged due to armys shading Jennie's looks

don't y'all ever get tired of lying?

RM arrived first & blinks were having a field day for no reason

(to the point that Popbase, Karina and RM fanbases had to delete their tweets)

i do wish armys didn't go after jennie as "clapback". everyone seems to keep forgetting that these idols are still real people.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fromily said:

Ok I blacked out for a week or so there - did blackpink end up renewing or what? Last I saw they were receiving honorary MBEs in the UK?

Also the baby monster teaser is Tragique and def seems to be leaving room (as in literal physical room in the center) for Ahyeon's return. I wonder why they can't just wait?

It was reported they renewed then YG responded that nothing is confirmed

I think they couldn’t keep pushing the debut back, it’s been pushed back twice already and it would’ve been a third if they did it again

Tbh I really don’t see what all the fuss over Ahyeon not in Baemon’s debut, of course it would’ve been perfereed, but what are you gonna do? Red Velvet had their debut and then a comeback without Yeri

she didn’t join the group until their 3rd release. 

11 minutes ago, Mel. said:

It was reported they renewed then YG responded that nothing is confirmed

I think they couldn’t keep pushing the debut back, it’s been pushed back twice already and it would’ve been a third if they did it again

Ah ok... so nothing's changed then. Hard disagree w the debut pushing tho, YG has zero shame about that sort of thing and this time they had an actual legit reason that people might sympathise with if ahyeon was 'sick'

7 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Tbh I really don’t see what all the fuss over Ahyeon not in Baemon’s debut, of course it would’ve been perfereed, but what are you gonna do? Red Velvet had their debut and then a comeback without Yeri

Those situations couldn't be more different tho. I mean the end result will be the same with a long term member not being a part of the debut promotions but Yeri was added to rv after debut (be natural wasn't an actual comeback, it was more like a promoted single, very weird) presumably because of everything happening w f(x) at the time. Her addition was never part of the plan and came as a surprise to everyone iirc. Many fans objected to her inclusion (and many still do).

Ahyeon, on the other hand, has been the centre & face of this group since it was introduced to the public after literally YEARS of build up. Her not being there for the debut is a fk up on someone's part, we just don't know for sure whose yet :coffee2:

42 minutes ago, Mel. said:

She is the face and center of the group plus she was the most popular one with the Korean audience.

17 hours ago, Flomik said:

He's surprisingly straight

In 1999, Park Jin-young married Seo Yoon-jeong. In March 2009, the couple announced their divorce.[51] On October 10, 2013, he married a woman nine years younger than him.[52] On January 25, 2019, his daughter was born, and Park wrote "This Small Hand" for her and his father, with a documentary-style music video released on February 9.[10] 

Park is a born-again Christian and leads weekly Bible practices.[37] Park turned to several faiths to fill the "void in [his] heart" after his divorce before finding his faith in Christianity.[37]

I mean this also reads the same as a lot of famous gay (but super closeted) men's bios - the born again christian bit especially. He's always given super repressed vibes to me, w foreign music styles being a kind of socially acceptable outlet. But who knows :michael:

anyway i gotta go (2019) which reminds me: justice for chungha

2 hours ago, fais_2311 said:

JYP :rip: What a bad year for him and his artist especially in Korea. The disgusted looks from audience :rip: Krystal :bibliahh:

This is tragic too.

Karma is a BIsh!

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, fais_2311 said:

This is tragic too.

One day TWICE will enter their The Emancipation of TWICE era :chick3:

and NMIXX ... well .. JYP did them wrong from the start.

kii at them not even bothering to try Sweat Venom fully live, they knew it wouldn't turn out well 981980169193533450.gif?size=128&quality=