• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Yunjin easily has the biggest solo potential out of any of the girlies from these groups. She has the potential to be absolutely yuge.

The korean GP will eat her right up and then ask for more

whitney-houston.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

47 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Oh and I meant to say that I’m loving Red Velvet’s new release. I think “Wings” is currently my favorite

Adspa’s “Drama” is cute and a step in the right direction. “YOLO” is probably my fav bside, it’s “Yeppi Yeppi” coded, which is probably my favorite bside of theirs

hmm what else came out recently….

We’re so happy to have you back, Mel :hug:

Regarding that ranking thing that has been going around, despite not having an official solo debut, Huh Yunjin's solo Spotify profile alone still has more monthly listeners than the following groups on that list:

Billlie

Lightsum

H1-Key

Weeekly

Kep1er

Purple Kiss

TripleS

Class:y

Cignature

whitney-houston.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like this hairstyle and color for him.

He’s getting more handsome nowadays. :allears:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, breadcrumbs said:

The nose is still nosing but he's getting there :allears:

5 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

The nose is still nosing but he's getting there :allears:

His nose is definitely much better now compared during the I-land days. But he still can’t compete with Anton’s nose. :allears:

batter up is exactly what you'd expect from YG but they should push pharita as center. without ahyeon theyre serving le sserafim, bops but pointless as a group

• Like 1

1 hour ago, panochita said:

JYP is doing good, all the Hybe payola is blinding your judgement 

JYP hasn’t had a digital hit as a company since the end of TWICE’s heyday 

29 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Yunjin easily has the biggest solo potential out of any of the girlies from these groups. She has the potential to be absolutely yuge.

The korean GP will eat her right up and then ask for more

whitney-houston.gif

So like in 10 years from now? When she is 32 yo? Really? BTS have been active for 10 years and half of the members don't even have a solo album. A solo career feels like an afterthought in Kpop. Does anybody want this? Do idols want this? Look at Blackpink or Twice, other than Nayeonce maybe I don't think they care.

Curious to see if ADOR is going to tackle Newjeans' solo careers differently from everyone else by giving them a solo album a lot earlier than their peers. :gaycat5:

Edited by geniecantstophypeboy
wrong quote

3 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Oh no theyre not relevant anymore in Stan twitter, they're truly over :stare:

18 minutes ago, breadcrumbs said:

He looks 2005 hot. Looks incredibly handsome and this blue color is way better than the greenish blue hair he had during tamed dashed era.

1 hour ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

I don't disagree with you but ATEEZ, NCT, and Stray Kids are all men so they're immune to that and Itzy and StayC I think have switched it up with their releases, perhaps TOO much, which is why they've lost stans over the past few comebacks. Like I agree that all the popular boy groups rn have been doing mostly the same thing over and over but that's never gonna stop their bag because of ***** Immunity. Girl groups can't get away with that :sad:

But re: Dreamcatcher specifically I'd imagine it's because their sound/image is a little harder to get into than typical pots and pans bounce around music. It's more aligned with what j-pop groups do than k-pop, I think. 

With StayC, I mean Stereotype is just ASAP but not as good and Beautiful Monster was just Stereotype but not as good so they have rehashed their own sound before. Though guess the main difference is the Jpop influence in their music which can keep kpop fans away.

Edited by CandyCoatedClouds
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

the company had Love Me Like This earlier this year + Sneakers last… spring? summer?

but overall yeah they’re struggling to get their acts to hit re: digitals

the album sales + TWICE’s tour gross are great though so they’re probably not worried 

9 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

So like in 10 years from now? When she is 32 yo? Really? BTS have been active for 10 years and half of the members don't even have a solo album. A solo career feels like an afterthought in Kpop. Does anybody wants this? Do idols want this? Look at Blackpink or Twice, other than Nayeonce maybe I don't think they care.

Curious to see if ADOR is going to tackle Newjeans' solo careers differently from everyone else by giving them a solo album a lot earlier than their peers. :gaycat5:

idk what you just said but Yunjin has been releasing self-written solo tracks since about 3 months after Le Sserafim's debut and performed a whole set as a soloist at Weverse Fest this summer. We will get an album from her sooner than later.

In the last year she's released four solo songs, and written & composed no less than two huge hits for Le Sserafim

whitney-houston.gif

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PeopleLikeUs said:

LSRFM has more casual fans which is why their songs always good stream wise.

Despite selling millions of album, they didn’t manage to soldout their SEA tour which is weird as SEA fans tend to be the most hardcore Kpop fans.

Aespa soldout their shows within 1 day in SEA and I know that IVE soldout their fancon in few days like that while you still buy LSRFM tickets a day before and they’re all performing in same venue with almost same capacity.

LSRFM is successful group but their fanbase still needs to grow more for them to actually soldout shows

I think the case with LSRF/IVE simply boils down to their marketing and output. LSRF’s image attempts to tap in to the broader, more diverse international market, whilst IVE is quite obviously caters to their core East Asian market — traditionally formulaic (not a bad thing) but inoffensive, whereas LSRF exists as an assembly of variables (the members, genre-hopping) that typically shouldn’t work together, but somehow do. It’s the diversity that frames the distinction.

Also, it’s kind of worth noting how people seem to be severely underestimating aespa’s reach. They’ve already proven to have the strongest selling power globally (both in albums and touring), while still maintaining great popularity locally (Drama currently being top 2 across all charts). They’re distinctly average with streams compared to a handful of groups, which is par for the course considering their style of music they release, but even on that metric they do well enough to stand firm. I don’t think they deserve to be ranked any lower than LSRF (or even Idle, who are really now just playing catch-up with their contemporaries).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cloudbusting said:

the company had Love Me Like This earlier this year + Sneakers last… spring? summer?

but overall yeah they’re struggling to get their acts to hit re: digitals

the album sales + TWICE’s tour gross are great though so they’re probably not worried 

Those songs only peak high but have no longevity at all, they fell pretty quickly.

the way Yunjin was able to get a quick lil unpromoted, self-written & produced solo song to chart on Circle when it took some boygroups like 3 years to ever chart on there, if ever

thats crazy

whitney-houston.gif

4 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Those songs only peak high but have no longevity at all, they fell pretty quickly.

listen it’s the closest thing they have, im trying to throw them a bone :redface:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

idk what you just said but Yunjin has been releasing self-written solo tracks since about 3 months after Le Sserafim's debut and performed a whole set as a soloist at Weverse Fest this summer. We will get an album from her sooner than later.

In the last year she's released four solo songs, and written & composed no less than two huge hits for Le Sserafim

whitney-houston.gif

I don't see a time and space where idols are taking their solo career seriously and not as a checkmark to quickly get over with, unless their group activities prematurely end. :coffee2: I'd love to be wrong.
SNSDlegends are the exception that confims the rule. :foxaylove3:

I wonder if Anton's nose work is a permanent mutilation of his bones/cartilage or if it might be reversable by removing an implant or something

riize-anton.gif