K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Someone please stop this creep. I know my girl Yeji hated every moment of this.

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

even if they sound r word 

What :redface:

Edited by Flomik

56 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

I'm surprised that not a SINGLE one 4th gen boy group has served vocals so far .. :dancehall:

The world wasn’t ready for Kim Woojin vocal bible 

1 minute ago, FACT said:

Knew so much about aespa haters when I rarely dragged them :biblio: Use your actual account to talk about history dear if you have multiple active at the same time 

Good for them I don’t really follow the charts

nah we have users exposing ha before, courtesy @Flomik :cm: 

but nice to know you find a new hobby this time

13 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

This sounds better with male vocals sorry even if they sound r word 

20 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

There are more suitable and modern words you could've used, Selenasworld

qFqfEAX.gif

I don't know the words lmao it's not the first time I'mma be under fire cause I don't get enough vocabulary and nobody gives a **** 

1: Newjeans, IVE

2: Le sserafim, Aespa, G-idle

3: Itzy, Stay C, Nmixx

K-nets probably are underestimating le sserafim because they don't know their spotify numbers, they only care about melon...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheegs said:

This looks like all those rotten failed blackpink clone concepts that popped up around 2019-21 but somehow lazier

also the lazy ass repurposed  lalisa set 

qzafok5i2e51t9Rm7Sk8-o.png

4 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

I don't know the words lmao it's not the first time I'mma be under fire cause I don't get enough vocabulary and nobody gives a **** 

In the future when you want to use the r word to describe slow and deep vocals: "lethargic" or something like that should do the trick  :bird:

Edited by gigantopithecus
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gigantopithecus said:

In the future when you want to use the r word to describe slow and deep vocals: "lethargic" or something like that should do the trick  :bird:

Lmao thanks you got me and yeah I hope nobody's offended that's a ******* robot vocals video 

itzy's fall from grace should be studied honstly. how do you go from being the pioneers of your gen to being an afterthought?

ciara-flop.gif

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is it that YG filmed a big budget music video with Ahyeon but it had to be scrapped after she left so they went with this new old school box video? :deadbanana4:

6 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

:deadbanana4:  they're probably going to succeed even if this looks/sounds like this, YG stans are very loyal 

Don't like the vocal production of "ATTENTION"  in that BM teaser....maybe Teddy should have stepped in a little..

baboonphone.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Selenasworld said:

Lmao thanks you got me and yeah I hope nobody's offended that's a ******* robot vocals video 

The offense isn't so much about who/what you're using the term towards but the way the word itself demeans disabled people. Yea, the robot voice won't be offended or hurt. But someone who is disabled and has to hear this word created to demean them, used both towards them and anything people dislike, will be hurt by it. It's more about the group of people you accidentally hurt while using this word rather than the context that you're saying it

The same way we have removed other offensive group-targeted words from our conversations, we should work on removing this one as well

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LuneMon said:

:deadbanana4:  they're probably going to succeed even if this looks/sounds like this, YG stans are very loyal 

I think it’ll debut high-ish from hype/brand recognition but longevity will be the real test

especially now that Spotify is cracking down on fraud :-*

48 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

This sounds better with male vocals sorry even if they sound r word 

For me, they sound femme gay trying to be masc. Most especially the “hey!” and “like a winnerrr” parts.

LE SSERAFIM are low key the 2nd biggest gg this year overall after NewJennies, when you actually think about it cause they sold a lot of albums, has the most streamed album of 4th gen and of any female release this year, smashed with 3 songs domestically and global streaming etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, motherpills said:

itzy's fall from grace should be studied honstly. how do you go from being the pioneers of your gen to being an afterthought?

ciara-flop.gif

Answer is easy. They literally had no competition. They were still below the 3rd gen groups in terms of success but they being the only big3 4th gen group created an illusion that they were at the top. They had only Gidle and Izone to compete. But their concepts became disney channel made them dip faster. They had a chance after their first checkmate teasers but we all know how that went. Literally the biggest plot twist/clowning in kpop history.

:suburban:

Edited by Companion
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

LE SSERAFIM are low key the 2nd biggest gg this year overall after NewJennies, when you actually think about it cause they sold a lot of albums, has the most streamed album of 4th gen and of any female release this year, smashed with 3 songs domestically and global streaming etc.

Not in Koria, me thinks...............Didn't IVE get PAKs with 3 songs this year ???

baboonphone.gif

• Like 1

Just now, BlackAura said:

Not in Koria, me thinks...............Didn't IVE get PAKs with 3 songs this year ???

baboonphone.gif

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

LE SSERAFIM are low key the 2nd biggest gg this year overall

:cm: