K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

4 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Can somebody tell me why NCT's streaming numbers especially on Spotify are so tragic? Like it just doesn't feel right! :deadbanana4:

The fact that SKZ with a Japanese song released out of nowhere without an MV and with only 9 hours tracking almost debuted higher than their title track!? :deadbanana2:

Like even GOT the beat debuted higher than them!? Btw, Ay-Yo is a bop and deserves better :shakeno:

The fact that THEIR WHOLE ALBUM couldn't even out-stream one of TXT's b-sides alone this year!?:redface: Not the chart account also writing "currently the biggest SM album album debut on the platform in 2023" as if any other SM acts have released something yet, apart from GOT :skull: Btw, NCT bombing like this is karma for SM, since they wanna give NCT 4636266 comebacks while hiding aespa in the dungeon and forcing 2 of the members on the GOT project.

WE NEED aespa TO SAVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT TOGETHER SM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aespa-girls.gif

Now, THIS is a case for FBI i fear.. 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

I feel like XG are in the exact same boat as EVERGLOW, and have even managed to snatch EVERGLOW'S audience and support system, since they are kinda similar.  Both groups are peak girl-crush, and are very popular and hyped internationally, but completely unknown in Korea (more unknown than bgs btw), since XG is a Japanese group and EVERGLOW being viewed as a Chinese group :skull: 

Maybe the reason I'm stanning XG so much is because they are filling EVERGLOW's void for me while they are on hiatus, ugh I miss EVERGOD :cries: 

Aisha would've been an it-girl if she debuted under the Big 4 I fear

6af397b9be975f19daa94db8686c84ef13e1525c

It won't help XG and Everglow as they are being purposely boycotted by Kpop fans in Korea because of their Chinese and Japanese CEO being anti Korean yet have groups promoting in Korea.

8 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

My baby,My honey, my daisy, My only:katie2:

Her best title, along with Something New

7 hours ago, discreetinside said:

Truly a rabbit/tokki :clap3:

7ea7347d47717058ecb02ba5930f804a.jpg

newjeans-njs.gif

It's giving this :bibliahh:

Mnet are always being shady towards foreigners and the evil edits are always work against to them so their pet favorites have higher chance to debut.

Nonetheless it's clearly proved that God's Menu was a pretty hard song to perform and not everyone can have enough talents, charisma, and stage presence like SKZ to deliver perfectly.

Literal children can perform Gods Menu and actually be praised by SKZ.

https://youtu.be/nUTfoB0ghAA

Which is actually one of the reason why all the SKZ fans voted for Kiki during Loud

is hype boy gonna turn out to be the biggest song released in 2022? :WAP:

top3 6 months later I-

what kind of scandal do you guys predict happening in sm that’ll facilitate the new gg’s rushed debut? :ducky:

2 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

what kind of scandal do you guys predict happening in sm that’ll facilitate the new gg’s rushed debut? :ducky:

Lee Soo Man being fired

1 hour ago, Butters said:

ooooo 

unexpected :clap:

1 hour ago, Sorecer said:

Wow Eunchae and not Minji congrats though :clap3:

Still HYBE won 

Congrats to Eunchae, from what I’ve seen from LSFM’s variety content, she’s actually very funny - and will do great as an MC. She’s grown in confidence so much since their debut already. This will be great for her :clap3:

KBS wanted a Gen 4 It Girl to replace Wonyoung permanently, and having Minji MC for 2 weeks, so this is a testament to Eunchae’s future :alexz2:

1 hour ago, Sorecer said:

Wow Eunchae and not Minji congrats though :clap3:

Still HYBE won 

Ahhh congrats princess :heart:

TWICE is really going for that Billboard 200 #1 Album, ready to take down Miley and that rat Morgan Wallen, let’s go girls! :clap3:

Vinyls, Week 1. JYP better have them STOCKED. 

10 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

TWICE is really going for that Billboard 200 #1 Album, ready to take down Miley and that rat Morgan Wallen, let’s go girls! :clap3:

Bought the signed copy and the vinyl :jonny2:

So many trendy GG comeback AFTER GIRLS era but yet GIRLS is still the 2nd best selling

album, just behind the biggest gg of all time, BLACKPINK. Clearly they have one of the biggest fandom right now.

oh and don’t give me bullshit about how these girls are selling less because they released SINGLE album. Nobody give a damn that it is SINGLE or mini or full album, they all just want those damn photo cards.

2 hours ago, Swirl900 said:

I am SCREAAAAAAAAAAAMING :ahh:

Seventeen sweetie…..

im embarrassed for my men :rip:

1 hour ago, Butters said:

ooooo 

Oh wow I did not see this coming lol. My bet was on Chaewon or Gauel at first.

2 hours ago, Sorecer said:

Not Chris Lee :rip:

not FOUR new debuts :deadbanana2: they must be really throwing everything to the wall hoping something sticks at

this point. HYBE’s current success got them scrambling. 

Special MC today is Mimi from Oh My Girl, a.k.a dollar store Hwasa.

• MuBank.EP1150: uni, PRIMROSE, ILY:1, H1-KEY, RYU JIHYUN, cignature, VIVIZ, AIMERS, 8TURN, Choi Suhwan, LEE SEUNG YOON, TOMORROW X TOGETHER, NCT 127

And for the rest of the weekend.

• MuCore.EP795: uni, PRIMROSE, ILY:1, XG, Kyoung Seo, Lee Jiyoung, Ryu jihyun, cignature, VIVIZ, 8TURN, AIMERS, LEE SEUNG YOON, KIM JONG SEO, NCT 127
  • Inki.EP1169: uni, PRIMROSE, Lee Jiyoung, H1-KEY, ILY:1, XG, cignature, RYU JIHYUN, VIVIZ, AIMERS, 8TURN, LEE SEUNG YOON, TOMORROW X TOGETHER, NCT 127

Was surprised to find out yesterday during M!CD that NCT 127 had made a comeback.

:cm:

2 hours ago, Butters said:

ooooo 

So, MuBank names Wonyoung MC, then the KBS PD who oversaw MuBank takes the job as the CEO of Starship, then KBS news runs some stories about Ive's singing, then Wonyong leaves just months after making such a big deal about her MuBank contract being renewed, then she's replaced by someone from Sakura's group.  It's like a British melodrama.

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

It won't help XG and Everglow as they are being purposely boycotted by Kpop fans in Korea because of their Chinese and Japanese CEO being anti Korean yet have groups promoting in Korea.

How do Koreans actively boycott things they've never heard of?  Probably more of a passive boycott. 

Or it's just a general small and medium enterprise girl group boycott.

43 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

TWICE is really going for that Billboard 200 #1 Album, ready to take down Miley and that rat Morgan Wallen, let’s go girls! :clap3:

Vinyls, Week 1. JYP better have them STOCKED. 

If the vinyl sales come through and they really manage to do this, then I’m sure it will give them even more deserved exposure to the American public :clap3: Come on queens, fighting! 

3 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

can we take the time to appreciate the fact that no one in newjeans is a vocal HOLE. the way each of them can carry singing parts LIVE without sounding like Momoriah Carey whew!

Minji exists. 

eunchae new Music bank MC. How convenient :bibliahh:

SM can’t even handle their current GG and they want to pull a HYBE. 

40 minutes ago, newaespa said:

So many trendy GG comeback AFTER GIRLS era but yet GIRLS is still the 2nd best selling

album, just behind the biggest gg of all time, BLACKPINK. Clearly they have one of the biggest fandom right now.

oh and don’t give me bullshit about how these girls are selling less because they released SINGLE album. Nobody give a damn that it is SINGLE or mini or full album, they all just want those damn photo cards.

Aespa debuted earlier than all those groups and had more time to accumulate a fandom is the reason for that. Isn’t After Like like 150k away from Girls? And NJ are a million seller like 7 months in. But yes Aespa have a huge fandom that’s not disputed.

I just noticed this member was posting these videos on The Rose’s official YouTube channel :deadbanana2: 

like it’s so random and unassuming especially with the type of music they make :dies:

35 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

What is JYP even thinking releasing on the same day as Miley :redface: Like I remember they did the same thing with “Formula of Love” where they released on the same day as Taylor Swift? :redface:
Like does the company not want them to snatch a #1 album ????? Though imagine if US Onces were still able to pull through and go #1 despite all the obstacles, like it would be so iconic :dies:

RightInsecureDrafthorse-size_restricted.

5 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

If the vinyl sales come through and they really manage to do this, then I’m sure it will give them even more deserved exposure to the American public :clap3: Come on queens, fighting! 

Right, “TWICE debuts #1 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart, and blocks Miley Cyrus and Morgan Wallen” would be a headline most pleasing to me (sorry Miley sis, happy for your comeback though!) let’s make it happen ONCE! :heart:
Reaction Gif GIF by MOODMAN

8 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

When was the last time they sang and danced live?

Not sure about SN, I actually think it aged terribly, I mean it is very of its time lol. 

At their last sold out concert :cm:

6 hours ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

I do not understand how idols are consistently getting less and less talented. Like if even everyone on a Produce-esque show with a million contestants sucks there's gotta be something going on. What is in the water in Seoul? :deadbanana:

Vocals coaches were annoyed, they even have to remind them that they are SINGERS first 

4 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

new girl group tf you can't even do things right with aespa :biblio:

and 40 albums? :biblio:

Our poor planet :deadbanana4:…  

3 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

can we take the time to appreciate the fact that no one in newjeans is a vocal HOLE. the way each of them can carry singing parts LIVE without sounding like Momoriah Carey whew!

Hmm. Minji and Haerin are literally in the group.

2 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

It really was and I want it erased from existence. the coachella debut being their first live performance with a huge audience didn't help either

the mediaplay backfired and I bet sm never saw the 2ne1 reunion too

What’s worst is that after Coachella, SM send them to university festivals only to lypsinc. They were dragged by Knetz  :rip:

4 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

new girl group tf you can't even do things right with aespa :biblio:

and 40 albums? :biblio:

Wait :bibliahh: sorry the fall of SM is so funny to watch.