K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

6 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Biggest girl group to ever exist a.k.a TWICE can't relate, can they ? @Pluto2022

You stan a group who sells 4M copies but can't debut with 1M streams, you might wanna sit this one out 

ezgif.com-optimize.thumb.gif.4973257ede1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

it's hilarious when the younger users drag the elders because you literally wouldn't have this thread to spent 95% of your life in if it weren't for the elders

• Thumbs Down 2

Notice certain how people will do anything to start **** with SM sheep then pretend the sheep are the obsessed ones. I'm not the one with 5,000 posts in one thread in 1 1/2 years.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

They are irrelevant since late 2019:bibliahh: it's not a 2023 thing sweety, whew I used to love the days when Onces came here all proud calling TWICE "BIGGER THAN SNSD" and now they are just hiding behind spotify streams and line music charts :bibliahh:

This fanwar is ancient. Twice found their own lane and all of the Onces who used to act like this are stinks now. Let's support all of the girls at the top like our favs do. :gaycat2:

Edited by Century

4 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

They are irrelevant since late 2019:bibliahh: it's not a 2023 thing sweety, whew I used to love the days when Onces came here all proud calling TWICE "BIGGER THAN SNSD" and now they are just hiding behind spotify streams and line music charts :bibliahh:

theyre hiding behind sold out STADIUMS not even a month ago sis...

-

snsd is and will continue to be the BLUEPRINT.

Edited by Asscatchem

As much as y’all pile on miss @Pluto2022 for being obnoxious and gatekeeping the thread, some of y’all are much worse, just know that :dies: 

the ridiculous amount of passive aggressiveness that flows from that one new user’s spam posts is borderline nauseating. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

So according to you Forever 1 is bigger than More & More, I Can't Stop Me, Cry for Me, Alcohol Free, The Feels, Moonlight Sunrise :toofunny2:

Even Scientist and Set Me Free probably made more noise than any SNSD release since 2015 :coffee2:

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Thumbs Down 1

Also I don't really **** with NCT but wasn't Candy a real hit with the general public? Most of their peers don't get those, especially not the ones making 3rd gen edm noise. :gaycat2:

3 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Spotify is like the biggest streaming platform in the world :bibliahh: I’m not gonna come for SNSD because there are too much dramas.  It’s just funny you thinking one dying platform defines a group relevancy over Spotify 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

You just now realizing that Epipen is full of visuals is something else

spacer.png

did we not have this discussion months ago, everyone in EPIPEN is gorgeous 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

it's hilarious when the younger users drag the elders because you literally wouldn't have this thread to spent 95% of your life in if it weren't for the elders

honestly what's stopping them from joining a discord server with like-minded individuals

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

did we not have this discussion months ago, everyone in EPIPEN is gorgeous 

spacer.png

Oh so it’s just that everytime feels like the first time for you, slay

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

As much as y’all pile on miss @Pluto2022 for being obnoxious and gatekeeping the thread, some of y’all are much worse, just know that :dies: 

the ridiculous amount of passive aggressiveness that flows from that one new user’s spam posts is borderline nauseating. 

Passive aggressive and to the point is so much more palatable than an extremely calculated troll that tries to start **** between different bases constantly like between Twice and SNSD in the past 2 pages when up until that point they were trying to make it 2NE1 vs SNSD.

Now that only one person was biting they're gonna switch to starting some other random **** in a few hours, watch. Even the most toxic regulars in here like melissa aren't so backhanded and will just start saying slurs to your face like a normal person. :skull:

Edited by Century
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Spotify is like the biggest streaming platform in the world :bibliahh: I’m not gonna come for SNSD because there are too much dramas.  It’s just funny you thinking one dying platform defines a group relevancy over Spotify 

I don't even go here but a user literally said BTS' latest song is out of the top 25 on Melon as a way to dismiss the biggest band in the world :bibliahh: a BTS member is sitting pretty at #1 on Spotify Global and they are top 10 for the most streamed ARTIST ever in the world in their 10th year as well but none of that matters because Melon is the most important metric obviously. No wonder they believe Twice are flops even though they are only behind BTS/BP on Spotify and they recently had a concert at MetLife :bibliahh:

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

According to them, TWICE are flops and are “over”, but somehow SNSD is more relevant in 2023 :bibliahh:

Now who said that? The only one pitting them against each other for no reason are you.

Girls Generation are the blueprint, Twice exists as an extension of their legacy. Of course, Twice (my FAVES btw) have carved their own path and mega success, but there is 0 reason to like twice and speak ill of GG when they owe them like, their whole concept and buildup. (I'm sure they'd AGREE)

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

honestly what's stopping them from joining a discord server with like-minded individuals

There's a couple for this thread already :sistrens:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LiamVillain said:

Day by day, there is more and more evidence that Hanni came from an anti-communist family and attended a school that spread anti-communist ideology in Australia. Fewer positive posts and articles about her after this :gaycat7:
Some argue she hasn't show her own political view and people should not criticize her, however, they still hate her 
She had potential to be the most loved idol here (the number of supportive posts during her debut was insane) but yeah...

Nearly all Vietnamese Australians are south Vietnamese refugees/migrants (and their descendants) who fled at during the war, so this was basically a given.

I wish the girls would give Hanni more of a chance, she almost certainly doesn't have strong opinions here and she's only 18 :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

So according to you Forever 1 is bigger than More & More, I Can't Stop Me, Cry for Me, Alcohol Free, The Feels, Moonlight Sunrise :toofunny2:

Even Scientist and Set Me Free probably made more noise than any SNSD release since 2015 :coffee2:

:bibliahh:omg not even Miss Italics would post such a lie, but hey, you are entitled to your own wrong opinion

Anyways, since apparently I'm one of the hags can we discuss the GG song that kinda changed the game for kpop?

4th going on 5th gen still copping their style me fears. The only thing to drag is the quality of the video.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sept said:

It's not fully sold out honey if u read the quote there, even on ticket website. And def not in 45 minutes as u said. Only the cheaper ones mainly because of scalpers.

Is this really the hill you wanna die on? :deadbanana2: Blackpink being unable to sell out 2 stadiums in a country in south east asia? :deadbanana2:

• Haha 3

The way I just stated that I AM THE BEST was the biggest 2nd gen gg song without mentioning any names, just like how I thought Dreams Come True, Money and Hype Boy were the biggest 1st, 3rd and 4th generation songs  :redface: But the Scones were the ones acting up as usual :coffee2: SM Sheep always nitpick and twist my words in here so that they can gang up on me :cries:

I live for this messiness

The multiverse fanwars

spacer.png

1 minute ago, WeFoundWill said:

Is this really the hill you wanna die on? :deadbanana2: Blackpink being unable to sell out 2 stadiums in a country in south east asia? :deadbanana2:

Yes, contrary to what you claimed earlier Ms Wet Jisoo

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sept said:

I live for this messiness

The multiverse fanwars

spacer.png

You know kpop is getting stale when this thread gets all inter-generational. aint there some newjeans release or something