K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

13 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

They were shelved when they pissed off Beijing by participating in a Korean military propaganda video about returning the remains of fallen Korean soldiers, resulting in Yiren having to spend a year or so in a forced labor camp/solo activities in China for reprogramming.  They have their comeback ready to go (like could be announced tomorrow, or not), but I think the timing is off because they don't like the terms of their global tour plans as venue availability/profitability is still remaining kinda lame for those who aren't super popular or super connected in the West.

So what you're telling me is they have already filmed the MV etc., does your spies have any more tea?  

2a547052-f4bc-441e-bd37-9ae664106537_tex

Spoiler

I still think EVERGLOW are done for :sosad:

Edited by Pluto2022

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

The way this has me so hyped :WAP:

the stained glass window, the light trickling down on her gorgeous self, the aura, the ambiance….whew :WAP:

is that from the music video? I wonder what the song sounds like 

I'd assume so, they've already used so much money for their debut I'd be surprised if they even got exclusive sets for these solo teasers :dies:

although maybe sana is paying:WAP: I don't know what such a brand would need an ambassador for since only m/billionares buy these but her cheque must be massive :gaycat5:

3 minutes ago, Adama said:

Omg they are doing their Coachella set!  Finally a real ENCORE tour :jonnycat:

So new dates are going to get added, I guess. The way YG refuses to let them rest cause he needs the money.

That fact that no YG act has released an album this year so far :deadbanana2: Like not even a mini :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Love the IVE praise. Blue blood, hypnosis, and cherish are the holy trinity (funny how I’VE is called generic but people said hypnosis was an aespa’s reject :fountain:)

i looked on Spotify and LSR’s streams bsides compared to IVE :ghostface: IVE are really twice’s daughters. 

• Like 3

Just now, Flomik said:

Speaking of YG

YG need to debut BabyMonster quick and other groups as well, so that they can build a roster, cause they are DOOMED if BP doesn't renew 

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

Love the IVE praise. Blue blood, hypnosis, and cherish are the holy trinity (funny how I’VE is called generic but people said hypnosis was an aespa’s reject :fountain:)

i looked on Spotify and LSR’s streams bsides compared to IVE :ghostface: IVE are really twice’s daughters. 

Yeah IVE definitely fit the SNSD and TwicePrint - especially since IVE is showing signs of an immaculate J-catalog starting. :giraffe:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

That fact that no YG act has released an album this year so far :deadbanana2: Like not even a mini :rip: 

It's been nice. We probably wont hear anything from that company until 2024. :giraffe:

• Haha 1

BabyMonster August 18th/25th. Bookmark this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, levi_valvi said:

@Spark I don’t see you post much lately. With the Exo cb approach, I can’t help but wonder if you are anticipating their return :chick1:

They’re so quiet since Rover outstreamed all the NCT release this year :dies:

3 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

MAMA??? :soda:

Yess MAMA, they need to sing Wolf too :WAP:

2 hours ago, CrisPop said:

I still can’t believe the amount of hate she got for this. I understand it’s different from the majority of her previous work but it was just a fun little song that hurt nobody. 

Yeah she didn’t deserved this, people should have hated on R.Tee instead! 

1 hour ago, SandyJeans said:

honorable mention for strong GG projects: STAYC's Young-Luv. that was pure excellence...and then they proceed to release Teddy Bear :toofunny2:

Best mini from a 4th gen group by FAR :heart: 

29 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Watch your tone and don't you ever dare to speak on my sisters like that cause I don't play when it comes to them! :fish2: 

If YUEHUA disbands them, then Imma pull a Blackjack like @Century and pray for the whole company's downfall! The way they shelved my girls once Yena and TEMPEST debuted, like they need to understand that TEMPEST will always stay nugu, and maybe this whole Yena fiasco is karma!

LIKE I DON'T CARE ABOUT BIVE OR WHATEVER I JUST WANT EVERGLOW BACK! LIKE YOU DON'T AND WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND!

mad-girl-mean.gif

I’m literally a BLINK lol! I’m more used to hiatus than you lol 

5 minutes ago, Xalric said:

So new dates are going to get added, I guess. The way YG refuses to let them rest cause he needs the money.

Yeah probably LATAM and maybe more Asian dates! Didn’t Big bang toured for 2 years or something too ?

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

It’s embarassing actually, especially with Baemon, who still hasn’t debuted ! I don’t even know what their employees are even doing atp :deadbanana4:

7 minutes ago, Century said:

LSRF's 4 songs, interlude, and expanded dance track/MV teaser was better than that full album by a mile sorry. 

beautiful gowns (trailer) but then they proceed to release the weakest follow up to smash-hit Antifragile with Unforgiven :toofunny2:

also something about their concept. it's takes itself too seriously sometimes you have to roll your eyes because it's slightly pretentious (I blame Bang PD and his influence since parts of that can be seen with BTS and TXT lore concepts and branding)

12 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

I'd assume so, they've already used so much money for their debut I'd be surprised if they even got exclusive sets for these solo teasers :dies:

although maybe sana is paying:WAP: I don't know what such a brand would need an ambassador for since only m/billionares buy these but her cheque must be massive :gaycat5:

Not a Billion dollar jewelry :deadbanana2:

that sounds HEAVY. Yup Sana is making bank seems like 

im excited to see Sana and Momo’s teasers 

Im sorry but IVE understood their assignment when they opened their album with THIS :WAP:! It was such a collapse in my ears, like the production sounded insane on Apple Music! 

best album opener of the year I fear! 

Edited by Adama
  • Like 6

• ATRL Administrator

Baemon in the basement. 
Blackpink fighting for their freedom on tour.

BigBang escaped.

Treasure members fleeing.

T5 getting coinslot treatment.

Somi being released from the basement to promote Barbie instead of releasing music.

Winner?

YG in Shambles. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Hide contents

I still think EVERGLOW are done for :sosad:

Spoiler

They at least need to survive 'till KCon LA.  Mnet can't afford to lose any more girl groups.

:cm:

9 minutes ago, Flomik said:

BabyMonster August 18th/25th. Bookmark this.

Yeah, BabyMonster needs to debut by September by the latest or they risk losing interest/momentum and being buried by Ive/Gidle/LSRFM/Aespa comebacks.

BM has already lost momentum. :deadbanana2: Their debut should have been within the month of the reality series ending.

Just now, AriadneSnow said:

Yeah, BabyMonster needs to debut by September by the latest or they risk losing interest/momentum and being buried by Ive/Gidle/LSRFM/Aespa comebacks.

I agree + YG loves debuting groups in August (BigBang, Winner, Blackpink, Treasure)

• Like 1

The thing with NewJeans is that all their songs either feels like they are pre-releases or just b-sides, but none of their songs actually fells like an actual title track if that makes sense? Like every song feels like a pre-release to something big that's about to come, that never comes btw and it's just another chill basic song, even if I like some of their songs. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

omg how could I forget XX (2019) when discussing GG discography :chick3:

ex-Orbits get tf up !!!

• Like 2