K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, Zack said:

Next Level spent over 2x as long in Circle (Gaon) digital top 5. Longevity wise, those other songs were not doing that (which is what I assume @MonsterNavy was referring to, since they mentioned "freefalling")

Next Level became (at the time) the longest charting girl group song ever within the Melon weekly top 10 (27 weeks) and the longest charting girl group song on Melon, of all time (81 weeks) AND the longest ever on Circle digital chart (80 weeks).

Plus, after peaking at #1 (surpassing BTS Butter), it repeaked and re-entered the top 20 of Melon again several times later (including over a year later, after it went viral for being used in the Korean presidential campaign).

It was a national hit with staying power.

Mind you "Cheer Up" was tied with Tell Me for most weeks in the Melon top 10 w/ 17 prior to NL and charted for 68 weeks in the top 100 (again a record at the time for GG) so looks like they were doing THAT and in a much more difficult time for charting. 

You know what Aespa arent doing? Grabbing a #1 single or YEC #1. 

ezgif-3-2c9e261aeaf4cwr.gif

Edited by xfreshkidxx

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Having longevity is not a flex in a environment where the #1 song is at 500-600k uls, when it was 900k-1M back in 2016-2017.

Conversely, Melon was 100% real-time based back then, so only hourly ULs really counted, which is how the famous "zombie streaming" originated. :michael:

Next Level was released during the 24Hits era, which only counted 24 hour ULs for the chart. It was much harder to climb than an hourly based chart, which could change drastically within hours, due to fandom based mass-streaming, which is why Melon made many changes.

And it's not so much simply "longevity" for NL, it's more "all time" and "in history". There's a difference.

very old stats again :bibliahh:

and ONCE can't even talk about talent and beauty too :bibliahh:

Just now, newaespa said:

very old stats again :bibliahh:

and ONCE can't even talk about talent and beauty too :bibliahh:

Your the one who brought Twice up dumbass. :bibliahh:

KPOP Girl Groups with most weeks on MelOn TOP 10:

3 - BLACKPINK– 109 - 12 singles
4 - TWICE – 105 - 37 singles

nauuurrr they really do be freefalling after the 2nd week :deadbanana2:

Edited by MonsterNavy

Just now, xfreshkidxx said:

Your the one who brought Twice up dumbass. :bibliahh:

And what about it? dumbass

damn this is really unprofessional, if you aren't keen to promote your damn hag hag song, then maybe it is time to quit your damn job

1 minute ago, newaespa said:

And what about it? dumbass

We wouldnt be discussing their stats if you wasnt triggered by the fact Asspa cant break their curse of being #2. :sistrens:

Also, not you talking about quality? Last time I checked Twice werent the ones crying over the material they were being given.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Britney Jean said:

This is huge for them, right? They promoted a b-side on M Countdown, last cb Rewind only promoted on The Show iirc, thank you HYBE :WAP:

Also, BSOTY imo, the song, the choreo, their visuals omg. Tons of people are missing out!! :jonny4:

kinda not. every hybe group has gotten comeback/debut specials, even nugu boynextdoor. meanwhile fromis didn’t even get a set for their comeback stage

Yup, Next Level (a #2 hit) is indeed bigger than the majority of #1 hits

Same can be said about Hype Boy (#2) and Antifragile (#2). Peak is meaningless in Kpop world

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

Mind you "Cheer Up" was tied with Tell Me for most weeks in the Melon top 10 w/ 17 prior to NL and charted for 68 weeks in the top 100 (again a record at the time for GG) so looks like they were doing THAT and in a much more difficult time for charting. 

You know what Aespa arent doing? Grabbing a #1 single or YEC #1

As above, it was easier to chart than it is now on Melon, due to the old real-time system which enabled mass streaming, plus Melon usage numbers were much higher. YouTube Music has overtaken Melon in Korea this week as the biggest platform.

That being said "all time" and "in history" stats > year end chart. aespa did that and with digitals AND physicals :michael:

Did everyone try the Eve, Psyche & The Bluebeard’s wife? I thought the Eve, Psyche & The Bluebeard’s wife was lovely!

sf0RVVh.gif

5 minutes ago, newaespa said:

damn this is really unprofessional, if you aren't keen to promote your damn hag hag song, then maybe it is time to quit your damn job

I always saw Nayeon as the bitchiest one of the group tbh, in every airport videos i saw she barely gives a smile towards the fans or paparazzis. She gives me pissed off energy all the time. Like, is it that hard to smile? Hare Hare is not even a girl crush song too :deadbanana4:

Edited by Britney Jean

2 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

We wouldnt be discussing their stats if you wasnt triggered by the fact Asspa cant break their curse of being #2. :sistrens:

Also, not you talking about quality? Last time I checked Twice werent the ones crying over the material they were being given.

aespa clearly have higher standard

while your TalentlessWICE don't, hence all the songs they released are trash :ahh: 

when even Forever aka aespa's worst song, is still better than TWICE's discography, worry about that :ahh:

Just now, Britney Jean said:

I always saw Nayeon as the bitchiest one of the group tbh, like, in every airport videos i saw she barely gives a smile towards the fans or paparazzis. Like, she gives me pissed off energy all the time. Like, is it that hard to smile? Hare Hare is not even a girl crush song too :deadbanana4:

talentless, rude, unprofessional

this group is truly the pits :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, Antunes said:

kinda not. every hybe group has gotten comeback/debut specials, even nugu boynextdoor. meanwhile fromis didn’t even get a set for their comeback stage

Well, that's kind of a good thing i guess, those sets are useless when the stage already has 8 goddesses on it

4 minutes ago, Britney Jean said:

I always saw Nayeon as the bitchiest one of the group tbh, in every airport videos i saw she barely gives a smile towards the fans or paparazzis. She gives me pissed off energy all the time. Like, is it that hard to smile? Hare Hare is not even a girl crush song too :deadbanana4:

she wanna be a baddie so bad lmao what a try hard

just like her dumbass bandmate that wannabe a baddie too with her edgy maga and neo-nazi shirts as her closet staples :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, MonsterNavy said:

she wanna be a baddie so bad lmao what a try hard

just like her dumbass bandmate that wannabe a baddie too with her edgy maga and neo-nazi shirts as her closet staples :deadbanana2:

& some of their bandmates mocking fun of the desi culture (Vlive & on their concert) :deadbanana2:

I know someone didn’t call Nayeon a ***** because she’s not smiling at the airport. Who tf does that ? :deadbanana2: 

• Like 2

anyways, enough about the talentless chipmunks

FyGkj9CXwAUpnDd?format=jpg&name=large

FyGkj9CXgAI_Si3?format=jpg&name=large

FyGkj9HXsAIcN00?format=jpg&name=large

I want him so bad :WAP:

14 minutes ago, Zack said:

That being said "all time" and "in history" stats > year end chart. aespa did that and with digitals AND physicals :michael:

Your right. Which is why "Cheer Up" has 284M streams on Melon. The most for any GG song. 

18 minutes ago, Britney Jean said:

women don’t owe anyone a smile ANYWHERE, especially not at an airport where you’re trying to either catch a flight or just got off one :hoetenks:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Leave Nayeon alone

Everyone has bad days sometimes

Next level is not bigger than Cheer up and I don’t even like Twix :deadbanana4:… 

I guess we will see in a few years which 4th gen gg song is always covered by the newest generation 

7 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

Your right. Which is why "Cheer Up" has 284M streams on Melon. The most for any GG song.

Next Level streams on Melon in just 21 months = 200M+ :michael:

I guess aespa will have to settle for having achieved the longest ever charting GG song on Melon and Circle and the best selling GG album ever on Hanteo and the fastest GG album to reach 2M copies. Poor them, I guess.

https://i.ibb.co/YXwTtRJ/SINCERELY-GISELLE.gif