K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Releasing the track video snippet on Spotify is so weird :toofunny3: SM with the most pointless tactics again, I hope the streaming numbers of these snippets can be added to the album versions on the release day

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm really vibing at unhappy :gayorkcat2:

we can finally see how wonyoung filmed the iconic sky diving scene. such a moment but only after editing.:jonnycat:

Edited by Fanta

FvIbqx3aQAAAhcv?format=jpg&name=4096x409

she looks like she's about to go Carrie on them ******* :jonny5:

17 minutes ago, Pinter said:

more budget than WTMT :dies:

8 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

whoaaa they are going all out, 3 mvs is a lot 

Hybe investing in their groups 

we can be sure that there are a couple of scrapped mvs from the Fearless era thanks to the Garam fiasco :dies:

8 minutes ago, Iridesence said:

oh?

in a week half of this thread will be eating their words and saying that the song grew on them lol 

I’m such Ning trash :ghostface:

3 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Releasing the track video snippet on Spotify is so weird :toofunny3: SM with the most pointless tactics again, I hope the streaming numbers of these snippets can be added to the album versions on the release day

this is so weird, they performed the songs for the first time weeks ago and SM didn’t put them on the streaming platforms AND let the fans stream fan made vids on yt but now they are doing this :rip:

11 minutes ago, Sept said:

So stunninggggggggg :jonny: 

wow she looks amazing. BRING BACK THE BLACK HAIR

I'm Unhappy >>> WTMW but they're both wonderful

14 minutes ago, Iridesence said:

oh?

we love them again :clap3:

I hope we get a WTMW performance with an orchestra at some point.

The last half of the song is just too sweeping and cinematic not to do it :jonny:

16 minutes ago, Adama said:

They can't serve bc their stylist and glam teams are mediocre/ avaerage at best. Koreans don't know how to dress during these type of events. You just have to compare Chinese awards red capet vs the koreans ones. The difference is insane. Also even Song Hye Kyo was a boring mess at the Met. 

Someone like Jennie definitely need a US Stylist who could elevate her style even more. She have a good taste,but a good stylist can take you to another level. Not to mention that the big US Stylist have a lot of connections and access. Just look at Zendaya, without Law she would be nothing bc in real life she have the basic tomboy look that she loves. It's not only BP, but honestly all the kpop idols looks are boring.

Kai can't relate 

In front of a cardinal-red GG monogram backdrop, Kai, a Korean man with short, wispy black hair, leans against a cardinal-red GG monogram pedestal. He is wearing a black and red checkered double-breasted suit, a blue dress shirt, a black tie, and black leather boots.

9 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Chanel is horrible at Red Carpets, they ruined Margot Robbie style for example, almost all of Chanel gowns are basic, boring or just plain ugly.

I hate it. They're kpop girlies they serve extravaganza outfits on their mvs and photos but basic ass dress on the met? :deadbanana:

They had the chance to make a statement and take kpop girlies to the next level. CL served for the gods and she deserves much more credit for it

I know chanel is mostly basic and ugly boring these days but miss jennifer got an archive dress from the 90s today so she had options but still chose a basic dress? :deadbanana:

3 minutes ago, Zack said:

Honestly they just played it too safe and that's disappointing.

Jennie needs to try again at Cannes. Her Met dress was definitely pretty, but unremarkable.

She should take some tips from Jessica who knows how to dress UP when the occasion warrants it, and it landed her on the best dressed lists.

https://s2.itislooker.net/imgs/201905/22/5/15585171378790.jpg

https://s2.itislooker.com/imgs/201905/21/3/15584225888490.jpg

we can always count on fashion icon jessica when it comes to these events :clap3: she's always serving. my blackpink girlies should take notes

25 minutes ago, xrosup said:

Bang me PD will buy them out too

9mcoJGJ.gif

Then It will be 5/5 HYBE

spacer.png

did they perform unhappy on their concerts before? its my firdt time hearing it

welcome to my world and unhappy are both amazing. loving the vibe of this era so far :WAP: 

17 minutes ago, xrosup said:

so excited :WAP: all his solo releases so far are so so good

how can someone be so hot and talented like :WAP:

Just now, MonsterNavy said:

did they perform unhappy on their concerts before? its my firdt time hearing it

welcome to my world and unhappy are both amazing. loving the vibe of this era so far :WAP: 

Yes they did, it was one of the songs on the set list

20 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

TEA

Dismantle the Korean stylist/Glam industrial complex, they embarrass me everytime. For how much Korean's drag the Japanese entertainment industry for being so stuck in the 2000-2009 era they sure as hell have no idea how to dress either, always going to events like someone just died with makeup that makes them look as pale as a dead person and as greasy as a construction worker. No innovation or creativity when it comes to performance outfits and dressing in the same bland popular shirts, pants and skirts, Kpop is in the gutter im so sick and tired.

Or when something is popular you would see all the idols wearing it (yes im speaking about these AW outfits and the Diesel top)

18 minutes ago, Zack said:

Honestly they just played it too safe and that's disappointing.

Jennie needs to try again at Cannes. Her Met dress was definitely pretty, but unremarkable.

She should take some tips from Jessica who knows how to dress UP when the occasion warrants it, and it landed her on the best dressed lists.

https://s2.itislooker.net/imgs/201905/22/5/15585171378790.jpg

https://s2.itislooker.com/imgs/201905/21/3/15584225888490.jpg

Love Jessica dress, but this one don't fit this year Met and Karl theme. Looking at the Chanel ambassadors looks, and yeah Jennie got one of the best fit and the fact that her basic look made it to most of the best dressed lists is funny :dies:. I dont expect too much from Cannes since she's under Chanel. 

welcome to my world is their best song

the angelic vocals

the epic vibe

the chorus melody

wQGU8e0.gif

4 minutes ago, Adama said:

Or when something is popular you would see all the idols wearing it (yes im speaking about these AW outfits and the Diesel top)

Love Jessica dress, but this one don't fit this year Met and Karl theme. Looking at the Chanel ambassadors looks, and yeah Jennie got one of the best fit and the fact that her basic look made it to most of the best dressed lists is funny :dies:. I dont expect too much from Cannes since she's under Chanel. 

The fact it’s supposed to be a tribute for Karl :bibliahh:
Jennie’s outfit was straight up taken from BP tour 

18 hours ago, Eternium said:

Did you even read the article? :ahh: 

They said that BlackPink sold merchandise to fans (that’s not promo - that’s a different product for sale) and Selena partnered with Serendipity to sell ice cream and try to push her Netflix show. There was no massive push - they tried to use the single to sell other things to their fans.

Also, where did you get the myth that “Rain On Me” was pulled from radio early? It just (unfortunately) performed poorly and that’s probably because it was a follow-up to a song that had terrible scores for both artists.

Its not entirely myth :rip: I was very tired and mixed it up with the Billie Eilish song My Future so I apologize, I was wrong. 

Interscope is selective w their female artists and they took the song off of fully promoted radio to promote My Future and took it completely out of rotation to fully promote Ice Cream when it came out. The song would have had a much longer chart run if the company didn't take it off so quickly. 2020 they were fully promoting their female artists singles selectively and gave each of the songs like 3 weeks max to breathe on radio.

I'm unhappy is good, is going into my playlist the minute is out!, Although this type of music/concept suits red velvet much more, don't know how this would fit into the aespa lore.

I know people were tired of black mamba storyline and kwangya but I hope they dont change their concept too much 

Ningning sounds beautiful on WTMW :clap3: Kpop AOTY of 2023 incoming

he is coming:WAP: lets hope its not some jazz/balad album:alexz: