K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

18 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

This is actually insane :rip: And pop radio is only going to help increase it’s numbers more as this is perfect for the radio. I hope the timing works out for them and they have a legit smash hit in the US. Second song ever to organically be a hit in the US after Gangnam Style incoming :clap3:

and it’s giving them a boost across their discography too

i mean it’s not like they have a lot of songs which helps, but it’s nice to see some people are checking out the rest :jonny6:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

the virality is INSANE :jonny6:

wonder if it can hold another week or so until it officially hits US radio

It’s definitely not going to collapse in a week. This is going to be one of the biggest songs of 2023

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:

MNH is likely keeping Chungha’s socials, I hope they burn in hell :toofunny2:

as long as she can release B&R 2 (or any good music, really), that decrepit company can keep those derelict twitter accounts. it's not like they would save the company from shutting down within the next year or two anyway :redface:

NOT SHY NOT ME ITZYYYYYYYYYYYYYY still lives rent free on my head tbh

5 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

NOT SHY NOT ME ITZYYYYYYYYYYYYYY still lives rent free on my head tbh

especially Yuna's part when she sings it cause she sounds aggressive and hype and then Chaeryeong following it up with ITZYYYYYY :ghostface: 

Taeyeon has been looking more and more uncanny lately :emofish:

44 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I wanted to re-watch Dalla Dalla MV since @CrisPop posted here and, damn, I love them so much. I know just a few groups that have so many IT members and ITZY is one of them. 

It’s ironic everyone used to skulldrag Chaeryoung and praise Lia because of visuals only for the Korean public and ATRL to switch years later :rip:

SISTAR with 805k monthly listeners and it's not summar yet. We want a comeback, Starshite!

59 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Speaking of ITZY, I really wonder what their next direction and sound will be. Because, let's be honest, 2022 was a HORRIBLE year for them. 

Yes, Sneakers was a cute hit in Korea. But Cheshire, Boys Like You completely BOMBED on all fronts everywhere. Japanese singles were a FLOP (Voltage charted TWO weeks on Oricon, Blah Blah Blah charted one week serving #4 - OUT on Oricon chart :rip:) - Even Kep1er's Japanese discography was much more successful :rip:. Also k-pop stans completely ditched them and moved past them onto other groups. Heck, even G-IDLE made more noise than ITZY :deadbanana4:

I can't wait to see what they're planning next because I'm sure they still can rebound until it's too late.

ITZY is in a weird spot because they make more Korean-geared music. It’s legit pure KPop. They haven’t found a good way to transition over to western audiences or internationally music-wise. Their name carries them

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

@Save-Me-Oprah rhinoplasty, lip filler, cheek implants, chin implant, jaw shave, brow bone reduction, buccal fat removal, botox and eye lift

yeah hes had the full renovation

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

@Save-Me-Oprah rhinoplasty, lip filler, cheek implants, chin implant, jaw shave, brow bone reduction, buccal fat removal, botox and eye lift

And ate :clap3:

Now hold on bc I know I'm two weeks late but Chaeyeon ATEEEEE. This is a whole bop, the video is simple but well executed, the choreography is really good and ties everything together. FUN music!

12 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

ITZY is in a weird spot because they make more Korean-geared music. It’s legit pure KPop. They haven’t found a good way to transition over to western audiences or internationally music-wise. Their name carries them

I mean they did at one point but and their international fanbase was what kept the afloat throughout 2021-2022, all their songs quickly reached 100M. But I think that was simply previous goodwill carrying them but all that came to a halt with Boys Like You, Sneakers and Cheshire :rip: 

Itzy simply don't release good enough music for the masses.

5 minutes ago, Cotton said:

I mean they did at one point but and their international fanbase was what kept the afloat throughout 2021-2022, all their songs quickly reached 100M. But I think that was simply previous goodwill carrying them but all that came to a halt with Boys Like You, Sneakers and Cheshire :rip: 

Itzy simply don't release good enough music for the masses.

That’s what I’m saying. They are riding off their name. The music was strong in the beginning but as the market shifted in 2020 they didn’t adapt to pulling more from Western music. They would have a strong contention again if they went with more western-inspired music 

1 hour ago, Cazy said:

as long as she can release B&R 2 (or any good music, really), that decrepit company can keep those derelict twitter accounts. it's not like they would save the company from shutting down within the next year or two anyway :redface:

I've noticed how MNH turned on on Chungha the minute of her world tour for querencia fell flat because of one her health (her heart condition) and two the fact that scaling down due to the fact she's a solo. 

And the fact she kinda didn't had the same number single wise. I mean they were not for the release of Bare & Rare part 1 and still holding on Part 2.

I mean the only thing the company had to do is booking her a world tour co-headlining with someone like BIBI or Hyolyn and everything would have been fine. (Yeah the profit would have been less but her name would have been out there more). I mean look at the girls on the R&B scene in Korea are always touring the world while not have the sales she has but still rolling the cash in for their companies.

Felix now looks like that Asian Hollywood actress, but I can't remember her name. 

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

Anyway 

this collapse :WAP: 

The start of their downfall i fear...I remember i was so excited for this comeback that i listened to ALL the teasers on mute until release day....I was telling everyone it was gonna be their D4 moment....little did i know. Never tuned in for itzy teasers since then. Its too bad, because they served cvnt and the mini album was actually good (for itzy standards).

Edited by motherpills
GAG IT!

I do believe itzy can still rebound themselves, red velvet went from 0 wins and a decline in sales for rbb to selling 1M. I just fear it will be next to impossible with the bumfvck creative direction and A&R teams at jyp - and the competition is way more intense with 4th gen.

7 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Felix now looks like that Asian Hollywood actress, but I can't remember her name. 

Scarlett Johansen?

2 hours ago, Odd said:

spacer.png

:bibliahh:
He’s really doing the most to assure us he’s team SNSD :bird: I just know Jaw is MAD!

the way i’m going to overplay unforgiven the day it comes out dhdhdhdh

it’s already stuck in my head :jonnycat:

Edited by hallucinate

43 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

:bibliahh:
He’s really doing the most to assure us he’s team SNSD :bird: I just know Jaw is MAD!

Or maybe he's just acknowledging she's an integral part of SNSD. Gee is a song she sang after all. :michael:

Edited by Zack