K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Tbh I think heaps of idols HAVEN'T had surgery. Change in appearance can often just be aging / makeup, and it's also really obvious when idols have modified themselves.

I don't really wanna give specific examples, because I feel like people can do whatever they want without randos like me judging / talking about them, but I also think people quickly jump to excuses like surgery, botox, fillers, etc, when there isn't much evidence behind a photo with strange lighting / angles. 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Cheers said:

Felix should be removed and replaced with Woojin :heart2:

No, he shouldn't. 

Felix is one of the biggest reasons SKZ is where they are now. All the parts of their songs that went viral and increased their popularity was Felix's parts 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, elevate said:

Tbh I think heaps of idols HAVEN'T had surgery. Change in appearance can often just be aging / makeup, and it's also really obvious when idols have modified themselves.

I don't really wanna give specific examples, because I feel like people can do whatever they want without randos like me judging / talking about them, but I also think people quickly jump to excuses like surgery, botox, fillers, etc, when there isn't much evidence behind a photo with strange lighting / angles. 

To add to this, there's also a difference between surgery and temporary cosmetic procedures. I think there are a lot of idols who haven't had surgery but who do regularly get Botox and dermal/lip fillers. Over time those can have a permanent effect but they're technically temporary and reversible procedures so I wouldn't count that as surgery. It just often looks more significant than it is because those products weren't designed to be used by young people with tight/elastic skin, but the entertainment industry's obsession with appearance has led to a bunch of groups full of 19-year-olds who are just pumped to hell for no reason and start looking surged because of it :emofish:

Speaking of kI.N.g Jeongin, in the recent SKZ Talker update, he repeatedly doubting himself and saying he's ugly was lowkey concerning. We need to send him love and tell him he's good on its own.

who the hell got me banned me for what I said about bts? :biblio: and that one obsessed user pushing the narrative that i'm racist when i'm asian myself (just like how she's pushing that rosé is a coke addict ever 5 seconds here which is pretty obvious and is proven to be false) :biblio: truly sick and OBSESSED

anyways, PINKCHELLA collapse in 3 hours :WAP: BLACKPINK always making people think asians are talentled and gorgeous people unlike some :WAP:

regarding the plastic surgery topic: i fully believe that there aren’t any natural idols :rip: 

companies would make them get something done automatically even if they are facially flawless

Edited by hallucinate

13 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

No, he shouldn't. 

Felix is one of the biggest reasons SKZ is where they are now. All the parts of their songs that went viral and increased their popularity was Felix's parts 

spacer.png

The interesting part was Felix getting most the killer part of the songs while he ranked last on the line distribution in general.

32 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Are we the only active boygroup fandom here?

spacer.png

Well we have some Carats active here but apparently yes KTRL Stays are active for now. Wait for the other major bgs comeback or scandals and they will appear again :giraffe:

Edited by discreetinside

30 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Felix is one of the biggest reasons SKZ is where they are now

spacer.png

So true. Lets get rid of him :heart2: 

45 minutes ago, TheCal said:

Bang Chan is not natural, imo he got at least his nose done before debuting, 

britdance.gif

What, he never touched his nose? :skull: He literally gets dragged for having a wider nose, since it doesn't fit the Korean beauty standards, so if he ever were to do plastic surgery he would probably make his nose smaller. 

His nose is part of his charm though, like he's so manly and for what? :ghostface:

3cbae230ab24a545158d8877b4671b12139cb7da

44 minutes ago, TheCal said:

is that real?

zMloped.gif

if yes i saved it:chick1:

Spoiler

Yeah I think so? I saw it in bulge thread that miss Flomik posted earlier today. I also saw a Changbin one where he had a b0ner on stage where you could almost see the shape and everything which I was just gonna quote on @Cheers latest post in here, since I know how much he wants Changbin, but the pic got deleted sadly

zMloped.gif

34 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Are we the only active boygroup fandom here?

spacer.png

Yeah, no other boy group in here has as many stans as SKZ. Many of us SKZ stans joined this forum last year. Though SVT and NCT are also kinda popular in here

spacer.png

But they still get eclipsed by the ggs in here though, since this is mostly a gg thread. This thread used to revolve around the SM ggs a lot since most people in here are SM Sheep. But the thread has gotten way more diverse in general ever since last year I think?

I would say the 10 most popular and discussed groups in here are:

(not in order)

- BLACKPINK

- TWICE

- Red Velvet

- NewJeans

- IVE

- SNSD

- aespa

- Stray Kids

- LE SSERAFIM

- BTS

aespa are definitely the main girls in this thread though, and whenever they release something or do an event, this thread collapses and becomes the most popular day of the year. Just like last year when they released Girls or performed at Coachella which became the days with most posts in here. I love how much this thread stans aespa and how the haters in here always involve them in every discussion  :dies: Truly serving main character energy  I fear :clap3:

aespa-girls.gif

Edited by Pluto2022

Rumors spreading 'bout this other guy
Do you do what you did when you did with me?
Does he love you the way I can?
Did you forget all the plans that you made with me?
'Cause baby, I didn't
That should be me, holding your hand
That should be me, making you laugh (yeah)
That should be me, this is so sad

:weeps: 

Yujin is a cute girl, but she’s honestly IVE’s Jihyo and Wonyoung is the Nayeoncé 

Mq5SMFD.gif

You guys realize for every botched idol, there's ten idols who had amazing results with their plastic surgery right? Also those "temporary procedures" are still plastic surgery, especially fillers. Fillers don't fully dissolve like botox does, they just migrate around the face, it's what creates the "pillow face" that some people (i.e. Sana/Chungha) get when they're pumped too full too often.

Also for every Yeonjun or Wendy who have gotten botched jobs, there's a Seulgi or a Bangchan who have (potentially) gotten work done that compliments their natural look

Sure, it's not ALWAYS plastic surgery but in a incredibly visual based industry run but a country where lookism runs rampant, you truly believe that there's any natural kpop idols? I have very little faith there there are.

Edited by CandyCoatedClouds

28 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

The interesting part was Felix getting most the killer part of the songs while he ranked last on the line distribution in general.

His parts are so memorable that It seems he's dominating some songs, when he isn't. It's Interesting indeed. 

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Yeah, no other boy group in here has as many stans as SKZ. Many of us SKZ stans joined this forum last year. Though SVT and NCT are also kinda popular in here

spacer.png

But they still get eclipsed by the ggs in here though, since this is mostly a gg thread. This thread used to revolve around the SM ggs a lot since most people in here are SM Sheep. But the thread has gotten way more diverse in general ever since last year I think?

I would say the 10 most popular and discussed groups in here are:

(not in order)

- BLACKPINK

- TWICE

- Red Velvet

- NewJeans

- IVE

- SNSD

- aespa

- Stray Kids

- LE SSERAFIM

- BTS

aespa are definitely the main girls in this thread though, and whenever they release something or do an event, this thread collapses and becomes the most popular day of the year. Just like last year when they released Girls or performed at Coachella which became the days with most posts in here. I love how much this thread stans aespa and how the haters in here always involve them in every discussion  :dies: Truly serving main character energy  I fear :clap3:

aespa-girls.gif

It's cause we are always used of seeing Stray Kids getting dragged in all K-pop community's bubbles in the internet, gg stans don't scare us j/ 

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Speaking of kI.N.g Jeongin, in the recent SKZ Talker update, he repeatedly doubting himself and saying he's ugly was lowkey concerning. We need to send him love and tell him he's good on its own.

It's sad to know the king is that insecure. In my opinion, he's very handsome. I hope he starts to see his qualities over what he defines as a defect. 

18 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

It's cause we are always used of seeing Stray Kids getting dragged in all K-pop community's bubbles in the internet, gg stans don't scare us j/ 

spacer.png

Yeah, the amount of forced hate trains there is about them from all the different fandoms :redface: It has basically made Stays numb of all the hate and don’t care what others think.
This thread used to hate SKZ until we became loud in here and all the propaganda we helped spreading has made some of them even stanning SKZ as well

jzk89m0.gif

Edited by Pluto2022

How is BP not on the title of this thread? :deadbanana2: it’s literally one of the most important moments of their whole career.