K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Still amazed by this. She was really pissed off by the lipsyncing scandal she had to shut up the haters quick with this. Her belting and high notes :WAP:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Bomi having almost all the hooks on Apink’s songs is almost as annoying as Monster X’s Kihyun. 

Annoying?!! Excuse me her voice is why they hit so hard :angry:

13 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Wasn't ChaeWINNER the rigged member in IZ*ONE as well? Looks like rigging and corruption is needed sometimes :coffee2:

8e70e7ad26b32c6ee45f4225d5f1dfd162e7b6e7

yes, Chaewon and Jo Yuri

#MNetDidNothingWrong 

I only watched the first 50 seconds or so, but what hits me is if you asked when was this kpop documentary shot, I would've ignored the years shown on the screen and said over 10 years ago.  As it is, these kind of scenes were going away 7 years ago.  And 5 years ago would have been rare.  And today they're like stories from an alternative kpop reality.

But then again they're not a kpop group. :keir:

:cm:

18 minutes ago, Adama said:

I actually think Chaewon is better, but mostly bc she showed us more than Sullyoon.

Just like dancing a lot of idols lack flavour and soul when they sing English  songs 

but she’s standing still both in this performance and POV one? 

Chaewon is my LSRFM bias and one of my favs from the 4th gen, Sullyoon isn’t interesting to me and she lacks flavour (in my opinion) but I think she’s more skilled, she has good vocal range, good dancing skills and she can actually do both at the same time without missing any move and note

I don’t know, I think that the credit is due but my personal preference is still Chaewon :flower:

Edited by Hazy

1 minute ago, harrythevifan said:

I only watched the first 50 seconds or so, but what hits me is if you asked when was this kpop documentary shot, I would've ignored the years shown on the screen and said over 10 years ago.  As it is, these kind of scenes were going away 7 years ago.  And 5 years ago would have been rare.  And today they're like stories from an alternative kpop reality.

But then again they're not a kpop group. :keir:

16 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

Especially when your Japanese media partner tells you they don't want so many Japanese girls in the final group -- they already got plenty of those kinds groups!

The way I always have to read your post at least 5 times to understand 5 % of what you're saying, but I still end up not understanding anything, and being more confused than before :rip:

Sullyoon washes ChaeWiNNER in the vocal department :toofunny2: Sullyoon is literally comparable to the likes of SingSing and is in the top 5 best vocalist of 4th gen, don't get it twisted. 

7051f6721ace9d8daae331c6ff1b0ff29ed0e296

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Sullyoon washes ChaeWiNNER in the vocal department :toofunny2: Sullyoon is literally comparable to the likes of SingSing and is in the top 5 best vocalist of 4th gen, don't get it twisted. 

well, I agree and I don’t think any of aespa members is able to sing while executing choreo perfectly the way NMIXX does 

Sullyoon is one of the rare visuals who can sing but she doesn’t have IT. :katie:

the slayage 

it’s cute when a group can perform and sing at the same time but Aespa still has more capable singers than NMIXX sorry :giraffe:

Chaewon is definitely not as skilled of a singer as the top vocals of her gen but she has such a sweet, clear and airy vocal tone so she clears everyone to me personally. She has the most viewed solo 4th gen song cover for a reason (don’t fact check this) :1stplace:

Edited by Butters

8 minutes ago, Hazy said:

well, I agree and I don’t think any of aespa members is able to sing while executing choreo perfectly the way NMIXX does 

While Lilyana Grande and HaeWINNER washes everyone in 4th gen and are in their own tier, Sullyoon Franklin is on the same level as the other top vocalist in the 4th gen, and would've absolutely been a best vocalist/main vocal in any other group apart from HITMIXX

Edited by Pluto2022

3 minutes ago, Hazy said:

but she’s standing still both in this performance and POV one? 

Chaewon is my LSRFM bias and one of my favs in 4th gen, Sullyoon isn’t interesting to me and she lacks flavour (in my opinion) but I think she’s more skilled, she has good vocal range, good dancing skills and she can actually do both at the same time without missing any move and note

I don’t know, I think that the credit is due but my personal preference is still Chaewon :flower:

I wasn’t talking about Chaewon, I mentioned dancing as another exemple of when idols can lack soul and flavour. 

Imo,We can’t even tell properly who is the most skilled bc all the videos on Dingo, It’s live, Begin again, The Lee Mujin show etc are now super edited 

1 hour ago, ItsJustMe. said:

Omg :jonnycat:

wait SM acknowledging f(x) in 2023???

SM is in complete shambles, they need to do whatever they can to reclaim their goodwill

This is really gonna be MNET's version of UNI.T/GOT the Beat :jonny5: I can already imagine the incoming mess this summer with some of the possibilities from the teaser :gaycat7: I'd genuinely be surprised if any big 3 GG member decided to actually go tho

8 minutes ago, Butters said:

Chaewon is definitely not as skilled of a singer as the top vocals of her gen but she has such a sweet, clear and airy vocal tone so she clears everyone to me personally. She has the most viewed solo 4th gen song cover for a reason (don’t fact check this) :1stplace:

She’s definitely a very skilled for a lead vocalist 

18 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Ok not too much on Sing Sing. NN is on Lily,Haewon and Monday team not Sullyoon 

Edited by Adama

Why did we never get a performance for this song...

If ya'll could do Zoo then ya'll can do OK!

6 minutes ago, Adama said:

She’s definitely very skilled for a lead vocalist 

Ok not too much on Sing Sing. NN is on Lily,Haewon and Monday team not Sullyoon 

From the amount of live material both Sullyoon and Singsing have showcased it's Sullyoon > Singsing (but I do know that Singsing has the edge over her)

--------

HITMIXX are truly the 2nd best vocal group after Mamamoo, where every member can SING! The fact that they are a large group where every member can SING isn't very common in Kpop, since other top vocal groups like Mamamoo only have 4 members while NMIXX has 7.  

Edited by Pluto2022

4 minutes ago, katyberry said:

omg not all the demos leaking :rip: LOVE DIVE :jonny5:

Whoever Sophia Brenan is, Starship better pay her a fortune for giving us Love Dive and Blue Blood and ask for 20 more demos please :jonny5:

Kpop stylists need to study how to put lace front wigs, and frontals (not the one they did on Irene ofc) because there's NO REASON idols should be walking around with damaged hair  :ace:

Speaking of MOTHERMOO, the Wheein, Solar and Hwasa vocal lineup is just something else whew :jonny3: Imagine having a group with 3 Wendys :WAP: