Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

my bestie is seeing her in Orlando tonight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

Her two Atlanta shows also appears to be sold out as only resale tickets are left on Ticketmaster.

1 hour ago, dabunique said:

my bestie is seeing her in Orlando tonight

Only eight seats left! :WAP:

10 minutes ago, kishi said:

those will go quickly 

i think only milwaukee is problematic, all other dates either have little to sell or will be able to get sold out nearer the date.

7 hours ago, robbyds said:

The first 5 shows are basically SOLD OUT. Off to a GREAT start!

6 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Her two Atlanta shows also appears to be sold out as only resale tickets are left on Ticketmaster.

5 hours ago, kishi said:

:jonny5:

Hopefully this amazing reception will encourage Janet and team to bring this fantastic show GLOBALLY

11 hours ago, dabunique said:

those will go quickly 

And they did. Florida finally doing something right by showing up for Mother :clap3:

9 hours ago, PopThatCorn said:

:jonny5:

Hopefully this amazing reception will encourage Janet and team to bring this fantastic show GLOBALLY

This is the goal, I hope. Janet and team are missing out on the overseas bag!!

she sounds great, she looks great, the setlist is great, the show is just great. i hope she adds a date in europe when she’s done in the US… :gaycat7:

5 hours ago, helpthomas said:

she sounds great, she looks great, the setlist is great, the show is just great. i hope she adds a date in europe when she’s done in the US… :gaycat7:

Knowing her, she would do three legs of NA and three shows in Japan and call it a day.

9 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

Knowing her, she would do three legs of NA and three shows in Japan and call it a day.

This :dies:

Someone uploaded the full Orlando show. This setlist is so good.

I do wish the costumes and staging were better honestly but what a great show. She doesn't show any skin anymore. :michael:

On 4/19/2023 at 12:59 PM, KKKIMO92 said:

i think only milwaukee is problematic, all other dates either have little to sell or will be able to get sold out nearer the date.

Nn I was so shocked when I looked at prices yesterday, I won't be able to go to the Chicago show but I can go to Milwaukee, so it's super lucky for me.

I think this will be the first tour i will sit out on and I’ve been to every tour since all for you :( def not worth the prices

im just not feeling it. Unless meet and greets resell I think I’ll pass. She looks much better though. 

Edited by FreeXone

Definitely going to see her. 

I miss her showing skin but maybe she’s self conscious since she’s slightly curvier than usual.

Or she’s leaning into her Qatar era bc the purple outfit at the start was giving hijab vibes. :gaycat1:

This will be my first Janet concert but based on the shows I’ve seen on YouTube:

1. All for You Tour

2. The Velvet Rope Tour

3. Together Again (the live singing compensates for less dancing so it evens out)

5 hours ago, Damien M said:

Definitely going to see her. 

I miss her showing skin but maybe she’s self conscious since she’s slightly curvier than usual.

Or she’s leaning into her Qatar era bc the purple outfit at the start was giving hijab vibes. :gaycat1:

I don’t think Madonna was showing much skin at this stage of her age. I think it’s normal that they don’t want to show that any more. We are already happy that this time around, she wears some bright color costumes. I still remembered she consistently wore all black (no shine) costume  in stage with dime lightings, what a waste.

11 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

She doesn't show any skin anymore. :michael:

Not seeing the issue. It is a great show though.

On the plus side, her stage presence is intact, she still dances great, I like that some of the choreography is new, effort was put into fresh pre-recorded vocals, and there was a decent amount of live singing.

Y'all are going to say I'm a hater but Janet's tours have gotten stale. Control era medley, the ballad medley in the middle, the Rhythm Nation section towards the end, and closing with Together Again with her jumping up and down during the chorus :deadbanana4: We've seen these all before. I don't care that she added a few deep cuts in between, the overall show is the same as the last few tours. Also can she perform songs in full?? :rip:

The same tired arrangements, can she at least reinvent some of these songs. For example, 90s house is popping off right now, how cool would it be if she performed a Shep Petibone remix of one of the Rhythm Nation era songs (i.e. Miss You Much)

And omg the visuals on the LED screens are literally giving Windows Media Player/Itunes visualizer :ahh: Each of the visuals are literally interchangeable between any of the songs  There is no concept or creativity. For example for Feedback, that random ass gold glitter on the screen could have been replaced with a cute outer space/futuristic visual - this is not a groundbreaking idea, but at least it matches the era.

If Janet herself is uninspired or out of ideas, i wish she would hire a creative director. Janet is a legend, she needs to deliver a better tour.

Edited by Jump

I don't go until next month, but so far from what I've seen online this show isn't as good as the SOTW Tour.

2 hours ago, Jump said:

On the plus side, her stage presence is intact, she still dances great, I like that some of the choreography is new, effort was put into fresh pre-recorded vocals, and there was a decent amount of live singing.

Y'all are going to say I'm a hater but Janet's tours have gotten stale. Control era medley, the ballad medley in the middle, the Rhythm Nation section towards the end, and closing with Together Again with her jumping up and down during the chorus :deadbanana4: We've seen these all before. I don't care that she added a few deep cuts in between, the overall show is the same as the last few tours. Also can she perform songs in full?? :rip:

The same tired arrangements, can she at least reinvent some of these songs. For example, 90s house is popping off right now, how cool would it be if she performed a Shep Petibone remix of one of the Rhythm Nation era songs (i.e. Miss You Much)

And omg the visuals on the LED screens are literally giving Windows Media Player/Itunes visualizer :ahh: Each of the visuals are literally interchangeable between any of the songs  There is no concept or creativity. For example for Feedback, that random ass gold glitter on the screen could have been replaced with a cute outer space/futuristic visual - this is not a groundbreaking idea, but at least it matches the era.

If Janet herself is uninspired or out of ideas, i wish she would hire a creative director. Janet is a legend, she needs to deliver a better tour.

While some of your specific critiques are valid, there's always a group who will stay having the same complaints about every single Janet tour. No matter what she does, it's too similar to something from the past. Over and over again. 

Where else is she supposed to do the ballads? At the end of the show when she's completely exhausted and can't sing them? And if she can't sit down and catch her breath, how can she give proper energy to the choreographed numbers? :deadbanana4:

If you really think the wardrobe, theme, lighting, mood, arrangements and choreography of this tour is the same as SOTW 2017.... I can only assume you haven't seen the show or are expecting something entirely unrealistic.  :deadbanana4:

Can we please drag her for paying international fans dust and refusing to release new music instead. 

While I agree that she could use some fresh blood on her team to truly shake things up, it’s not really fair to expect major creative changes at this point in her career. She’s not even releasing music right now. I’m just happy she’s still active in this form.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.